Sea Day Activities

pdx13

We are on the Quest for 21 days next April and have 8 sea days in Northern Europe. I doubt the weather will be condusive to sitting out by the pool so I am wondering whether the onboard activities will be ramped up for the days at sea. Our previous experience is on Crystal which has spectacular enrichment programs. In looking at the Seabourn Conversations, I am not terribly impressed with the current line up of speakers. Is it likely that more will be added prior to the cruise? While I have no problem sitting an reading all day, I am hopeful that Seabourn offers a greater range of activities/programs during sea days. I can only eat so much ice cream.

We always found plenty of things to do during sea days. DH loved the art classes, very high quality. I loved the fitness center. And there are always a lot of things going on around Seabourn Sq. However, I must say that in the area of enrichment program activities, Crystal has an edge over Seabourn. Maybe because the larger ship size supports more offerings?

We always found plenty of things to do during sea days. DH loved the art classes, very high quality. I loved the fitness center. And there are always a lot of things going on around Seabourn Sq. However, I must say that in the area of enrichment program activities, Crystal has an edge over Seabourn. Maybe because the larger ship size supports more offerings?

I certainly don't expect that Quest, being a much smaller ship would have the level of activities that one would find on a larger ship like Crystal. And to be honest, I have never been bored while at sea. I am just hoping that I have enough diversions to keep me from eating all day long. I should just plan to spend more time in the fitness center. We chose this itinerary specifically because of the great balance of sea and port days. Being our first Seabourn cruise we did not want something so port intensive that we would be unab le to fully appreciate what I expect will be an extraordinary experience on board.

We recently got back from 14 days on Quest in Norway, with 5 sea days.On the sea days, I frequently found myself saying to my wife "I need hurry up to schedule some time to relax!" There were generally four lectures a day, two in the morning and two in the afternoon, many of which focused on our upcoming destinations, history and culture, or wildlife. (I went to less than half, but most of the ones I went to were helpful or informative.) One day there was cooking demonstration by the Executive Chef. One days there was a performance by some of the singers at tea time. One day is was so warm and pleasant one *had* to sit out by the pool. Sometimes you end up chatting with people you've met. Sometimes I'd sit in the Square and read the New York Times or read a book -- but I found I got in much less reading than I had expected. A few times we walked laps on the upper deck; I kept intending to go to the fitness center but never made it -- not enough time! I never watched a movie or anything on TV. And I never came close to being bored or wondering what I could do to pass time time.

Eric