Norwegian Sky Tips for first time cruisers

simplyben

So there are only 3 specialty (pay) restaurants on Sky? I thought they had others. Also, what about a Blue Lagoon? I loved the BL on the Gem as a place to pick up something quick.

Yes, just the three specialty restaurants. There's no Blue Lagoon, but the Sky does have its own version of it called Longboards. It's a sports bar type of atmosphere but has many of the same food items you'd find at Blue Lagoon. The wings there were fantastic!

Thanks for the hints. My partner and I have booked the quick 3 nighter in July; just needing a quick get away. Any reviews of Le Bistro? I love escargot and was hoping they serve little snails. Also, what about the gym/workout facilities. Both of us are runners and want to keep my guilt at a minimum due to the food. :D

Also, if you are looking for a good place to take pictures of the city and South Beach during sailaway, go to the front of deck 11. The only way to access this area is through the Outrigger Lounge.

Thanks for the hints. My partner and I have booked the quick 3 nighter in July; just needing a quick get away. Any reviews of Le Bistro? I love escargot and was hoping they serve little snails. Also, what about the gym/workout facilities. Both of us are runners and want to keep my guilt at a minimum due to the food. :D

Le Bistro was nice. They do serve escargot as an appetizer. I didn't find the experience, in terms of food, quite as good as the Pride of America but the service was still excellent.

There is a gym, though we never used it so can't speak to the quality of it. It looked small but functional. There's also a jogging track on Deck 6.

• 2 weeks later...

And if you get confused as to which way is front and back, look at the carpet. The fish on the carpet always swim towards the front of the ship. Comes in handy the first day or two when it's easy to get confused.

• 1 year later...
And if you get confused as to which way is front and back, look at the carpet. The fish on the carpet always swim towards the front of the ship. Comes in handy the first day or two when it's easy to get confused.

Thanks for the great tip!

Will be on the Sky in Nov, definitely helpful.

Just a few clarifications - LeBistro is $20 a person, not $15.

Also, the cost of the snorkeling equipment including the vest at Great Stirrup Cay is $21 (Fins and vest, $15.99 + snorkel vest, $4.99).

Also, while you cannot take alcohol onboard, are definitely allowed to bring wine onboard and will be charged a $15 per 750ml corkage fee.

The article states you must use cash on Great Stirrup Cay. You can't use your ship card for purchases? We have our first NCL cruise on the Sky next week so I'd like to be prepared. Thanks!

The article states you must use cash on Great Stirrup Cay. You can't use your ship card for purchases? We have our first NCL cruise on the Sky next week so I'd like to be prepared. Thanks!

If you get one of the spa services, or decide to snorkel/what have you, that's all run by the ship and your ship card is fine. The article is referencing the straw market run by locals. The straw market only takes cash/credit/debit (depending on the merchant).

Thank you. So you can use the card for drinks? Also, can the soda card be used on the island?

Yes, use your Sail and Sign card for drink purposes. I am not 100 percent but believe that you could use your soda card on the island.

Yes, use your Sail and Sign card for drink purposes. I am not 100 percent but believe that you could use your soda card on the island.

From what I saw/experienced - pretend you're on the ship. Unless you go to the straw market. My tip for the shore excursion we did was charged to my room. My sodas (I didn't have a soda card) were charged to my room. My beers were charged to my room. I did see people use their soda card...

I think the ONLY time that you aren't treated (money wise) as if you were on the ship is if you are partaking of the straw market.

Archived