Where would a Bermuda cruise be diverted to?

geovet

And it could be worse, the port could be Freeport. :)

I'll take Freeport over Nassau any day! :)

Another alternative itinerary could be Canada and New England.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'll take Freeport over Nassau any day! :)

Another alternative itinerary could be Canada and New England.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree with you Freeport over Nassau any day.

Last cruise we missed Nassau and got a extra sea day due to high winds. Next port was Freeport. Woo-Hoo.

We went to Bermuda last July due to a storm. We were supposed to got to Canada. Everyone cheered when they announced the change.

Then again I was scheduled to go to Bermuda 2 years ago when Sandy was coming up the coast. We went to Bermuda with high waves and all, it was my best cruise ever. Must admit there was no breakfast or lunched served the 1st day of the cruise, with the storm it was too dangerous, so they had finger food available. (This was not a Carnival Cruise)

At the end of August, the Celebrity Summit was changed from Bermuda to Port Canaveral and Nassau for their ports.

EOTS went north on the current sailing instead of Bermuda. Imagine only packing shorts and t shirts and getting snowed on in Halifax......:eek:

I am quite sure since you're already in a southern port the vessel would head to the caribbean. With Caribbean sailings there are so many options to choose from. In my opinion I doubt that the company would sail from Port Canaveral to Canada, etc.

I don't think Carnival will be operating a Bermuda itinerary from Port Canaveral anytime soon. But yes, in an emergency situation with no other options to keep the vessel and passengers safe, they will go to Canada.

I am quite sure since you're already in a southern port the vessel would head to the caribbean. With Caribbean sailings there are so many options to choose from. In my opinion I doubt that the company would sail from Port Canaveral to Canada, etc.

How do you know it is a southern home port? The Splendor sails from New York.

I don't think Carnival will be operating a Bermuda itinerary from Port Canaveral anytime soon. But yes, in an emergency situation with no other options to keep the vessel and passengers safe, they will go to Canada.

There is one scheduled for October 2015 from Port Canaveral on the Sunshine. Long way off...but something to look forward to! :)

There is one scheduled for October 2015 from Port Canaveral on the Sunshine. Long way off...but something to look forward to! :)

That's interesting. Thanks for letting me know. Given Carnival's recent history with Bermuda and limited sailings from New York, Baltimore and Charleston, it is surprising to see. Did they add it recently?

Edit: After some research, it appears they announced the sole Port Canaveral to Bermuda on August 25, 2014 after modifying an already confirmed itinerary to reflect the Bermuda sailing.

http://carnival-news.com/2014/08/25/carnival-sunshine-to-operate-eight-day-bermuda-cruise-in-october-2015/

Edited by Disconnections

That's interesting. Thanks for letting me know. Given Carnival's recent history with Bermuda and limited sailings from New York, Baltimore and Charleston, it is surprising to see. Did they add it recently?

Edit: After some research, it appears they announced the sole Port Canaveral to Bermuda on August 25, 2014 after modifying an already confirmed itinerary to reflect the Bermuda sailing.

http://carnival-news.com/2014/08/25/carnival-sunshine-to-operate-eight-day-bermuda-cruise-in-october-2015/

Yes..I think it was late August when we first saw the sailing posted on the Carnival website.

Pride also has a cruise to Bermuda in Oct 2015 and one in April 2016.

Sorry J, posted this before I clicked on your link reflecting the above sailings.

Edited by mississauga