Is there a limit to carry on size?

cheermomof2girls

As long as the two smaller dimensions are under 16"x24", you're fine. The third dimension does not matter. That's large enough to accommodate about any suitcase, not just airline sized carryons.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1373

Carry-On Luggage

Guests are encouraged to limit their luggage to two suitcases per guest.For those guests who wish to carry on luggage, it must fit through the security screening machine. When laying flat, it must not exceed 16 inches high x 24 inches wide (40.64cm x 60.96cm); the length of the bag is not a factor. Anything larger, must be checked-in with a curbside porter. We suggest that all luggage be unlocked and have a Carnival luggage tag attached listing the guest's name and stateroom number.

They need to be able to fit through the X-ray machine like at the airport. Anything too large and they either won't let you in or send you back outside to check it in with a Porter.

Oh yeah, I knew that...I remember reading it here.

As long as the two smaller dimensions are under 16"x24", you're fine. The third dimension does not matter. That's large enough to accommodate about any suitcase, not just airline sized carryons.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1373

Carry-On Luggage

Guests are encouraged to limit their luggage to two suitcases per guest.For those guests who wish to carry on luggage, it must fit through the security screening machine. When laying flat, it must not exceed 16 inches high x 24 inches wide (40.64cm x 60.96cm); the length of the bag is not a factor. Anything larger, must be checked-in with a curbside porter. We suggest that all luggage be unlocked and have a Carnival luggage tag attached listing the guest's name and stateroom number.

Thank you!!

you can carry on just about any bag you have. The huge bags or trunks I see people moving to europe with won't fit....lol

We're going to carry on for the first time I think in DEC to just have our bags, get settled and not worry about them just sitting in the hallway without us knowing. that happens every cruise and I think it's strange. The staff has the keys, so why don't they just put them in the cabin? i know, its too much time or something. Doesn't make it any less strange.

..................................and not worry about them just sitting in the hallway without us knowing. that happens every cruise and I think it's strange. The staff has the keys, so why don't they just put them in the cabin? i know, its too much time or something.............

On our last RCI (in 1994) cruise our luggage ended up in the cabin next door. Thankfully the doors were open when I heard them commenting that the red duffle bag wasn't their's.

The staff has the keys, so why don't they just put them in the cabin? i know, its too much time or something. Doesn't make it any less strange.

Cabin stewards have room key access. The crew that deliver the luggage from the bottom of the ship and up the elevators to the cabins do not.

Also keep in mind that you will be going up escalators and will need to weave them in and out of lines. There are elevators, but most of the time they are SLOW and can have a back up in the terminal.

Also when you get on the ship, a bank or 2 of elevators will be out of service for luggage delivery so be prepared to find an alternative route to get to your cabin. It may involve traversing via stairway so you'll have to carry them or take the long way.

Edited by firemanbobswife