Fun Shops Cake Order

CowgirlDonna

Hi All - This is my first time cruising with Carnival and only my second cruise ever, so please forgive me - I know nothing! I am cruising on the Sunshine in a few weeks. I ordered a happy honeymoon cake online from the fun shops to surprise my soon-to-be husband (13 days away!!). Thought it would be something fun and special for our first night of our honeymoon. I chose to have it delivered at dinner on the first night. My question though is that we have your time dining. How does this work with delivering a cake? Do I have to let someone know when we arrive to the dining room that there is a cake ordered for dessert, or do they just KNOW? Lol how long can I keep this cake a secret for [emoji1] . Thanks everyone!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I usually have ours sent to the room so not sure what the protocol is for dining. But if you don't have a fridge in your room, let your waitstaff know to store it for you to have the next night. It has a mousse filling which will sour if not kept cold. Happy Honeymoon! BTW, the cake is good.

Even though you have your time dining, once you check in at the MDR desk, they'll know you're there and will deliver the cake for dessert. It worked really well. The cakes are delicious!

All best wishes on your upcoming wedding and marriage!!

After you're seated,tell hubby you need to go to the restroom. Then you can check up on the cake without him knowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is what I would do, I would excuse myself and do a quick check on the cake. Otherwise I would spend all evening wondering if it would show up and be distracted until it did or ruin the surprise by having to check on it in front of him when it didn't show up on time.

Or you can tell DH you will check in at the desk for the 2 of you (for your ATD) and while you are checking in you can mention that you should have a cake coming as a surprise dessert and ask them to please check on it. That will give them time to have it arranged prior to seating you if there was a snafu and it wasn't lined up already.

Thank you all for the replys!! I've been so busy with last minute wedding things, I forgot to check the forums again lol! I LOVE all of your ideas!! I think I might check on the cake when we check in, because I know I will be wondering the whole time during dinner if it will come or not. Thanks again everyone!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

We had a birthday cake pre-ordered to be delivered to dinner at 6:00 one evening. It didn't show up - I had to ask our server about it (it was suppose to be a surprise) and he had to go find it.

I'd say something when you first sit down and not wait until time for dessert.

This, you should never ,ever have to track down a cake. :eek: this happen to us a few times. Finally we just canceled the cake after it failed to show on day four to our cabin. Double check when you board and then check again before expected time of delivery and where you want it delivered to. .

Also the cakes are not as tasteful as they once were, the better tasting cakes will be found at the coffee bar ;)

Edited by BoDidly