QE Verandah Cover Charge Question

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:10 AM.
Nottinghamshire
10 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
We are travelling on QE later in the year and I have just gone ahead and booked our party into the Verandah restaurant. We have previously dined at the Verandah on QV but I think that has a slightly different set-up with the menu (and the cost was only $24 if I remember correctly).

The cost of booking QE Verandah was $35 and I have pre-paid. Is the $35 used as a credit towards the items on the A la carte menu (i.e. most starters are $7, mains $18 and desserts $6) or are the a la carte costs ON TOP of the $35? If they are on top then it seems like the prices have gone through the roof since our last trip. Just want to understand how it works so I can inform the group before we go. I see a degustation menu on the Cunard website as well that puts the cost at $35 so am confused.

Thanks.
Shropshire
41 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Hi tough Guy, we ate in Verandah 2 years ago and I think it was the same price, its $35 per head for the set menu and it was AMAZING, in fact you have just reminded me to book again, hope you like it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

319 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Just had the free World Club lunch last month on the QM2 and found the Verandah 100% better than the year before. The beef was excellent and the armangac prune tart greatly improved.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,253 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
I haven't eaten in the Verandah but when I booked Todd English on QM2, the price I paid in advance was deducted from the total amount.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
BH13 - England
2,488 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
The Verrandah also offered a "Chefs Table" wine pairing menu, hosted by the Executive Chef. Pure theatre and dining pleasure. Think the price was about $120.00, and worth every cent.

Enquire with your MD on first evening.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
There are those who have, and those who have Yachts.