Black Tie Nights

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:22 AM.
20 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Hi...not long now until our cruise in September on the Britannia for 14 night....my question is how do we find out which nights are Black Tie Nights? I believe there are 4 on our cruise.
213 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Onboard but most likely the first one will be on the second night and the last one will be the night before the last one

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

UK
231 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
If you want to find our WHICH nights are Black Tie, not HOW MANY, the only way is to wait until you are on board. P&O no longer publish this on the Cruise Personaliser or elsewhere.
Bedfordshire UK
164 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
The ships crew and hospitality team will look at the weather conditions as the cruise goes on and choose when to have the Formal nights.

There is little point in publishing a timetable before the cruise that turns out to be a Force 10 gale, the next night would be calmer.

In general as has been said the second night and the night before the last are often formals.
Cambridgeshire
2,371 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Sea days are often chosen for a Formal Night. This gives First Sitting people a chance to get ready having not done a late excursion.

Regards John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John Watson

Ships cruised on
RMS Queen Elizabeth, SS France, Oronsay, Oceana, Vision of the Seas, Caribbean Princess, Aurora,
Queen Mary 2, Star Flyer, Star Clipper, Grand Princess, Queen Elizabeth, Azura, Ruby Princess, Ventura, Diamond Princess, Britannia, Emerald Princess