Regal Sept 1, 2017 Rosh Hashanah and social bridge

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:45 PM.
#1
Jacksonville, Florida
11 Posts
Joined May 2010
Is anyone interested in attending or leading services on Sept 20/21? Princess will supply books and space.


Also, anyone interested in social bridge on sea days?
#2
SoCal
9,670 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by LOLO1
Is anyone interested in attending or leading services on Sept 20/21? Princess will supply books and space.


Also, anyone interested in social bridge on sea days?
These are questions best asked on your Roll Call.
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2286125
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
19 Cruises, 11 ships, 194 nights

#3
USA
5,948 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Only a very small percentage of cruisers will go on here so would post on roll call and than ask just before scheduled services.

Hopefully you will get some one who can but most religious Jews including myself, would not cruise during high holidays.
#4
Greenville, SC, USA
51,762 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
For social bridge, there will be a scheduled time and place listed in the Princess Patter.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul
#5
In the Valley, CA
22,968 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
besides posting on your roll call, you can also leave a note for the cruise director at the passenger services desk at the beginning of the cruise. There should be a notice in the Patter on Fridays about where passenger-led Shabbot services will be held.
On one of my cruises on Princess, Hanukkah services were held every night, and led by a retired rabbi (I was surprised by how many people brought their menorahs on the cruise -- we just took a foam sticky menorah set). But I believe nowadays, there usually isn't clergy on board.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Patty the Cruisin' Chick (may all your cruises be smooth sailin')

Hoping for another trip to the land of Aloha!

Carnival Jubilee - Mex. Riv.; Sensation - W. Caribb.; Holiday (2Xs) - Baja; Paradise - E Caribb; Ecstasy - Baja; Star Princess - Mex. Riv.; Sapphire Princess - Alaska; Island Princess - Hawaii; Golden Princess - Hawaii (one of the best cruises ever!!!!); another Golden Princess -- Hawaii

Read about my most recent cruise at
http://www.sites.google.com/site/holidayalohaii/home
#6
League City, TX
39,595 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by Micah's Grandad
Only a very small percentage of cruisers will go on here so would post on roll call and than ask just before scheduled services.
Usually only 3%-5% of passengers will be represented on a roll call. A volunteer to lead the services will more likely come from the 95% of passengers who are not on the roll call.

The usual way it works is that one or more people will initially volunteer to lead the services. If that does not happen, via a back and forth discussion someone will end up being the leader.
#7
Jacksonville, Florida
11 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by paul929207
For social bridge, there will be a scheduled time and place listed in the Princess Patter.
I hope so. I asked and they said it would be up to players to seek out others.
Thanks for your help.
#8
USA
5,948 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by caribill
Usually only 3%-5% of passengers will be represented on a roll call. A volunteer to lead the services will more likely come from the 95% of passengers who are not on the roll call.

The usual way it works is that one or more people will initially volunteer to lead the services. If that does not happen, via a back and forth discussion someone will end up being the leader.
Agreed, I have been elected to lead more than once