Princess secrets

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:58 PM.
#21
Oakville, ON
1,426 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by UpcountryTravelers
Sometimes. Depends on the ship.
How can that be? How could someone be going against policy?

If you found that, just bring it up with the MD and ask about what is going on versus Princess policy. I have done that before and it turned out staff was doing something incorrectly.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Island Princess - 60-day Grand South America, Jan 24/18.... & .... still one FCD left.
#22
South Carolina
1,551 Posts
Joined May 2008
Use EZ check and overstuff your bags...

It was great to see a "heavy" tag on my bag when I picked up my luggage in my home airport. No extra charge!!!

I used it for the first time on our last cruise and what a relaxing disembarkment.

I did use the airline's baggage tracking system to be sure our bags made it to the plane.

Can't wait to use it again!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June 24th Royal Princess Meet & Greet
June 27th (Sea Day) Club 6 @11 am
Email me




Sailed:
Celebrity - Constellation April 1, 2013
Princess - Ruby Princess December 30, 2013
NCL- Dawn April 20, 2014
Celebrity- Reflection November 22, 2014
Princess - Caribbean Princess December 18, 2014
Princess - Caribbean Princess March 30, 2015
Princess - Emerald Princess December 19, 2015
Princess - Regal Princess April 3, 2016
Princess - Royal Princess July 2, 2016

#23
South Carolina
1,360 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Originally posted by steelers36
How can that be? How could someone be going against policy?

If you found that, just bring it up with the MD and ask about what is going on versus Princess policy. I have done that before and it turned out staff was doing something incorrectly.
Lots of things vary by ship. In this actual case, the first ship wrote the ship name on the back. Next ship would not honor it. I almost tossed it with only 3 punches (REALLY expensive coffee ) but then booked another cruise on the same ship as original, so, hopefully will be able to use it then. We'll see.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rachel & Jim


Celebrity Equinox - 11 days Caribbean and New Orleans Mardi Gras- February 20, 2017
Caribbean Princess - 11 Days New England and Canada - Sept 22, 2016
Navigator of the Seas
- 8 Days Caribbean April 16, 2016
Royal Princess -
10 days Caribbean - January 29, 2016
Oasis of the Seas -
7 Days Caribbean - October 31, 2015
Ocean Princess - 8 days United Kingdom - August 9, 2015
Caribbean Princess - 9 days (B2B) Caribbean - March 26, 2015
Ocean Princess - Caribbean 2-week Christmas and New Years - December 19, 2014
Regal Princess - Grand Mediterranean - August 30, 2014
Emerald Princess - Caribbean - January 28, 2014
Ruby Princess - Caribbean - January 23, 2014
Royal Princess - Inaugural Caribbean - October 29, 2013
Island Princess - Panama Canal - February 26, 2013
Celebrity Reflection - Caribbean - January 5, 2013
Coral Princess - ALASKA 15 day land/sea/land - July, 2012
Carnival Dream - Mexico, Belize, Honduras - December 24, 2011
Sapphire Princess - Hawaii (14 days)- November 26, 2011 -b2b-
Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera - November 19, 2011
Grand Princess - Southern Caribbean - January 2011 (14 days)
Enchantment of the Seas - Bermuda - May, 2010
Coral Princess - Alaska - August, 2009
Island Princess - Panama Canal - February, 2009
Caribbean Princess -Southern Caribbean - February, 2008
Carnival Victory -Bahamas - May, 2007
Grandeur of the Seas -Cozumel - February, 2006
Star Princess -Eastern Caribbean - April, 2005
Carnival Victory -Bahamas - May, 2004
#24
South Carolina
27,897 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
The coffee card is not good for getting brewed coffee but the punches left on the card for the specialty coffees are good on any Princess ship.

LuLu
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
#25
Oakville, ON
1,426 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by UpcountryTravelers
Lots of things vary by ship. In this actual case, the first ship wrote the ship name on the back. Next ship would not honor it. I almost tossed it with only 3 punches (REALLY expensive coffee ) but then booked another cruise on the same ship as original, so, hopefully will be able to use it then. We'll see.
That's BS - you should have complained to mgmt. Unless you were attempting to get more free brewed coffee which I am sure you know is only free on the original cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Island Princess - 60-day Grand South America, Jan 24/18.... & .... still one FCD left.
#26
Sacramento Area, CA
950 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by Justprettynpink
I did use the airline's baggage tracking system to be sure our bags made it to the plane.
How does that work ? Do all airlines have Luggage Tracking ?
#27
South Carolina
1,551 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by Tedferg
How does that work ? Do all airlines have Luggage Tracking ?
American Airlines has a place that you can put in the luggage tag number in and it will tell you where you luggage is located. I googled delta track checked bag and the do that also so I would imagine that other airlines offer it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June 24th Royal Princess Meet & Greet
June 27th (Sea Day) Club 6 @11 am
Email me




Sailed:
Celebrity - Constellation April 1, 2013
Princess - Ruby Princess December 30, 2013
NCL- Dawn April 20, 2014
Celebrity- Reflection November 22, 2014
Princess - Caribbean Princess December 18, 2014
Princess - Caribbean Princess March 30, 2015
Princess - Emerald Princess December 19, 2015
Princess - Regal Princess April 3, 2016
Princess - Royal Princess July 2, 2016

#28
Texas
2,830 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
What ships?
Originally posted by Lucky TGO
It's no secret Alfredo's Pizzeria it's sooooooooooooooooo good
Tony
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
July 1999-NCL- Norway E. Caribbean ~~~ Aug 2001-RCCL- Adventurer of the Seas-W.Caribbean ~~~ Sept 2007-PCL- Caribbean Princess-E. Caribbean (we met some new, wonderful friends, Yvonne & Brian) ~~~ Sept 2008-PCL- Golden Princess-Alaska (with Yvonne & Brian) ~~~ Sept 2009-PCL- Caribbean Princess-New England & Canada (with Yvonne & Brian) ~~~ Feb 2010-PCL- Island Princess-Complete Panama Canal with Parents (their 50th anniversary) ~~~ Sept 2010-Walt Disney World-(Not a cruise, just a land trip to see the mouse) ~~~ Jan 2011-PCL- Sapphire Princess Mex Riv (with Yvonne & Brian) ~~~ Oct 2011-PCL- Caribbean Princess New England & Canada (with Yvonne & Brian) ~~~Jul 2013-10 year wedding anniv-Back to Alaska (cruisetour) aboard the Island Princess with Parents ~~~ Aug 2015-PCL-Ruby Princess Alaska Inside Passage
#30
Northern California
3,075 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Definitely the pub lunch. Also, you can order a "volcano" in the mdr. It's not on the menu, but you can get it. It's a big banana split, and it's been different every time we've ordered one. Depends on who's making it.
#31
michigan
1,360 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by Sea Hag
Definitely the pub lunch. Also, you can order a "volcano" in the mdr. It's not on the menu, but you can get it. It's a big banana split, and it's been different every time we've ordered one. Depends on who's making it.
Very good, can be ordered with any combo of ice cream and toppings! Stumbled on it years ago after seeing it delivered to a passenger. It is on the children's menu. Anyone can order it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


ROYAL PRINCESS 2/2017, EMERALD PRINCESS 3/2016 X 2, CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 2/2015 X 2, ROYAL PRINCESS 3/2014, CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 3/2013, CROWN PRINCESS 3/2012, SAPPHIRE PRINCESS 2/2011, ISLAND PRINCESS 3/2010, EMERALD PRINCESS 3/2009, GRAND PRINCESS 3/2008, CROWN PRINCESS 3/2007, CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 3/2006
#32
Orange County, CA, USA
1,976 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by Sea Hag
Definitely the pub lunch. Also, you can order a "volcano" in the mdr. It's not on the menu, but you can get it. It's a big banana split, and it's been different every time we've ordered one. Depends on who's making it.
Is the pub lunch up-charge? (It's OK if it is! just curious.) Is it on all Princess ships?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#33
270 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by Justprettynpink
American Airlines has a place that you can put in the luggage tag number in and it will tell you where you luggage is located. I googled delta track checked bag and the do that also so I would imagine that other airlines offer it.
Actually, if you have the AA app on your phone, and have logged into your flight, the luggage tag info appears like magic. No need to enter data. If you do not, you can simply enter your name and record locator, which is easier than the tracking number.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SoCalTraveler

Yarmouth Castle - 1964 (R/T Miami - Nassau)
Azure Seas - 1984 (R/T Long Beach - Ensenada)
Caribbean Princess - 2009 (B2B Caribbean)
Ruby Princess - 2010 (Mediterranean)
Emerald Princess - 2011 (Scandinavia)
Serenade of the Seas TA - 2012 (Puerto Rico - Spain)
Carnival Inspiration - 2013 - (R/T Long Beach - Ensenada)
Navigator of the Seas TA - 2013 (New Orleans - Italy)
AMA Waterways Prima - Danube 2014 - (Prague to Budapest)
Golden Princess - November 2014 - R/T Ensenada
Celebrity Xpedition - Galapagos - May-June 2015
Crown Princess - California Coastal - 2015
Coral Princess - Alaska - 2016 + Land Tour

Star Princess - Los Angeles - Hawaii - Los Angeles - October 2016
Island Princess - Ft. Lauderdale via Panama Canal to Los Angeles - April 2017
Crown Princess - Quebec to Brooklyn - October 2017
Emerald Princess - Los Angeles to Vancouver - May 2018

#34
British Columbia
6,342 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
IF you wish to spend the money for the 'Chef's Table', now $95.00 each I believe, PHONE the main desk as soon as is possible for a reservation.
The entire meal lasts at least three hours, starting with an eating tour in part of the galley, here one can even sample REAL caviare.
Five courses are involved, each with its own wine, and the ladies are, or were, presented with a rose and a cook book.
A free photo is also included.
I am quoting from my last visit about three years ago.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2010SEE THE WORLD. I do my best!

Homeric 1 Quebec 1955.
Windward Pacific Coastal 1996.
Song of America Mexico 1997.
NCL Wind Alaska 1998.
NCL Wind Caribbean 1999.
Westerdam [Ex Homeric 2] Alaska 2000 -- Norway E Caribbean Big Band 2000.
Sun Princess Panama Canal 2001---NCL Sun, Canada, New England 2001.
Dawn Princess Hawaii 2002.
Statendam Sea of Cortez and Pacific Coastal 2003.
Coral Princess Alaska and Coral Princess Alaska 2004.
Mercury Mexico 2005.--- Sea Princess Caribbean ---2005
Statendam Osaka Trans Pacific 19 day 2006.
Star Princess, British Isles and Trans Atlantic 2006.
Coral Princess Panama Canal 2007.
Zaandam, Hawaii, round trip from Vancouver 2008.
Coral Princess Sept 2009 Vancouver Whittier B/B
Coral Princess May 15th 2010 Vancouver Whittier B2B.
Zaandam, Hawaii, round trip, Vancouver, 2011.
Coral Princess May 14th 2012 Vancouver Whittier B2B.
Zaandam Vancouver-Mexico, return, Oct 9th-23rd 2012.
Zaandam Hawaii round trip, April 18th 2013.
Coral Princess,Sept. 11th-25th, 2013. 14 day Alaska, Vancouver return.
Golden Princess, Hawaii, Tahiti, Apr 1st-29th 2014
Grand Princess Van-Hawaii, return Apr 6th to 21st.
Grand Princess April 21st Van. -Pacific, return, 10 days 2015
#35
michigan
1,360 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by crystalspin
Is the pub lunch up-charge? (It's OK if it is! just curious.) Is it on all Princess ships?
No up charge. It's actually very good fish! Every ship I have been on had it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


ROYAL PRINCESS 2/2017, EMERALD PRINCESS 3/2016 X 2, CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 2/2015 X 2, ROYAL PRINCESS 3/2014, CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 3/2013, CROWN PRINCESS 3/2012, SAPPHIRE PRINCESS 2/2011, ISLAND PRINCESS 3/2010, EMERALD PRINCESS 3/2009, GRAND PRINCESS 3/2008, CROWN PRINCESS 3/2007, CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 3/2006
#36
26 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Originally posted by sknight
All specialty restaurant reservations can only be made on board
I was able to make reservations on-line.
ReservationPriceReservation ContactCancelSabatini's Dinner Table For 4 07:30PM
Jul 27, 2017
#37
3 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
For Crown Princess...Mediteranean trips!
International cafe breakfast is lovely peaceful and delicious.
Take a 4 gang plug as only one plug.
Ask for robes - no cost from steward.
Don't have sift drinks package unless 4 drinks a day
Add a little gin to add to nohito! Use toiletry bottles from Poundland!
Check your hair appliances run on 110v
Vines has tapas and sushi with a glass of wine after 5pm.
Free sauna and steam room in spa toilets.. nice towels and lotion available too
.funicular in genoa is cheap fun but no really good views . The taxi is a rip off ...one wanted €25 for 10 min journey...ask for price in Italy they don't use the meter.
Take a really good instant..millicano or other as coffee is awful
Order whole pizza room service for $3.00 if you tired.
Barcelona taxi cheaper and easier than princess shuttle.
(€14 to sagrada familiar on far side of town) sagrada needs to be booked!
Do try happy hour and then sit on the deck for a half price treat!
If you are on anytime dining. RING and book a table on dine line ( on cabin phone) after 8 am to avoid queue and swank past people who dont reserve .. ring early on formal nights!
If you don't drink all your wine in one sitting. They will put it away until the next time you want it at dinner.
There is a grapevine wine tasting at@$9.50 ...(its only £8.00) but is really good fun for little money.
Crown has free mini golf and boule on deck 17... fun.
Crown is not the newest but the staff are lovely and the ship is in fine order...dont listen to the moaners!
#38
Australia
33 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Originally posted by cheesenpickle96
For Crown Princess...Mediteranean trips!
International cafe breakfast is lovely peaceful and delicious.
Take a 4 gang plug as only one plug.
Ask for robes - no cost from steward.
Don't have sift drinks package unless 4 drinks a day
Add a little gin to add to nohito! Use toiletry bottles from Poundland!
Check your hair appliances run on 110v
Vines has tapas and sushi with a glass of wine after 5pm.
Free sauna and steam room in spa toilets.. nice towels and lotion available too
.funicular in genoa is cheap fun but no really good views . The taxi is a rip off ...one wanted €25 for 10 min journey...ask for price in Italy they don't use the meter.
Take a really good instant..millicano or other as coffee is awful
Order whole pizza room service for $3.00 if you tired.
Barcelona taxi cheaper and easier than princess shuttle.
(€14 to sagrada familiar on far side of town) sagrada needs to be booked!
Do try happy hour and then sit on the deck for a half price treat!
If you are on anytime dining. RING and book a table on dine line ( on cabin phone) after 8 am to avoid queue and swank past people who dont reserve .. ring early on formal nights!
If you don't drink all your wine in one sitting. They will put it away until the next time you want it at dinner.
There is a grapevine wine tasting at@$9.50 ...(its only £8.00) but is really good fun for little money.
Crown has free mini golf and boule on deck 17... fun.
Crown is not the newest but the staff are lovely and the ship is in fine order...dont listen to the moaners!
Thanks for the nice review of the Crown. She hasn't had many good reports lately.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#39
Tampa, Florida area
11,990 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Originally posted by tserface
Not a secret, but International Cafe is pretty wonderful. Great breakfast sandwiches, donuts, salads, cookies, lunch items, open all the time...

Tom

Yes!! The freshly made, still a little warm, croissant donuts from the IC are a real morning treat!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Flamomo

Completed cruises: (354 days on Princess ... so far!)
2004 Coral Princess (Panama Canal & W. Caribbean)
2005 Sun Princess (Eastern Caribbean)
2006 Island Princess (Hawai'i)
2007 Sea Princess (Southern Caribbean)
2007 Golden Princess (Mexican Riviera)
2008 Diamond Princess (Hawai'i)
2008 Tahitian Princess (Tahiti & FP)
2009 Star Princess (Alaska Inside Passage)
2010 Golden Princess (Hawai'i)
2011 Emerald Princess (Eastern Caribbean)
2011 Sapphire Princess (Alaska Inside Passage)
2011 Sapphire Princess (28 day r/t LA-HI-Samoa-French Polynesia-LA)
2011 Saphire Princess (Mexican Riviera), done as B2B with the 28 day above
2012 Star Princess (r/t SF-Hawaii)
2012 Ruby Princess (19 day T/A Venice to FLL)
2013 Emerald Princess (Southern Caribbean)
2013 Pacific Princess (12 day Venice to Athens)
2013 Crown Princess (26 day B2B Southampton to the Canaries, and T/A)
2014 Crown Princess Andes & So America (16 days Valpariso to LA)
2014 Carnival Paradise - First ever non-Princess cruise - just a quickie with family!
2014 Caribbean Princess (9 day B2B with friends)
2015 Ruby Princess So America (32 days FLL to Valpariso)
2015 Emerald Princess (T/A Barcelona to FLL)
2016 Caribbean Princess (30 day EB T/A including British Isles itinerary)
2016 Pacific Princess (17 day T/A Rome to FLL)

NEXT UP!:


#40
South Carolina
27,897 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
We especially appreciate IC on port days ... so convenient for something quick.
Their "soup of the day" is normally very good.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)