Ocean liner exhibition in London next year

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:38 AM.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,244 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
This looks interesting -
V&A exhibition sets sail for glory days of luxury ocean liners

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...y_to_clipboard

Ocean Liners: Speed & Style, V&A London, 2 February – 10 June 2018.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Vale of Glamorgan
3,244 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Thanks for posting that, I look forward to hearing what you think.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Philadelphia, PA
91 Posts
Joined May 2004
We trekked to Salem this week to see the Peabody Essex Museum's "Ocean Liners: Glamour, Speed, and Style" exhibit. (The V&A appear to be dropping the 'Glamour' part of the title, for some reason!). For those with even a smidgen of interest in ocean liners, the exhibit is highly recommended. I think we spent about three hours taking it all in. Anyone who can get to Salem, Mass. relatively easy should do so and see the exhibit. And Londoners should certainly plan on seeing it when it travels to the V&A.

I have quite a few photos, but need to clean them up and upload them. Once I've done that I'll post links.

Phil
Vale of Glamorgan
3,244 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Thanks for reporting back, I look forward to seeing your photographs.
Anyone on this side of the pond fancy a Cruise Critic outing next year ?!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

4,076 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by orchestrapal
FYI the V and A exhibit opens February 8, 2018 at a cost of £18 for non-members of the museum.
We are in London in early May prior to our crossing and have members access to V&A. Any idea how long it runs?
Philadelphia, PA
91 Posts
Joined May 2004
Here are my photos from our visit to the Peabody Essex Museum/Victoria and Albert Museum's Ocean Liners exhibit. Hopefully they'll provide a taste of the exhibit. Sorry for the surfeit of S.S. United States shots. Since it's anchored here in Philadelphia I have a vested interest in it. The photos are in a Google album at:
https://goo.gl/photos/wNGR5DWb9tbE4faw9
Enjoy.
Phil
Vale of Glamorgan
3,244 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
I enjoyed them very much, thank you so much for posting.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Philadelphia
5,029 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by sppunk
We are in London in early May prior to our crossing and have members access to V&A. Any idea how long it runs?
Just noticed my typo, opens February and runs until
June 8, 2018. Just returned from 7 weeks in London and sorry to be missing this one,
4,076 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by orchestrapal
Just noticed my typo, opens February and runs until
June 8, 2018. Just returned from 7 weeks in London and sorry to be missing this one,
Lovely, we will get to see this (staying at Egerton House with VIP V&A access). I'll buy a souvenir for you if you'd like!