Printing airline boarding pass post cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:36 AM.
The low desert, AZ
3,329 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by spyro1952
I agree don't fly SW. Herded cattle get better service and seats.
We would disagree. However, if you feel that way that is a good thing for us. The flights are crowded enough already.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back."
Steven Wright

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
Dublin, GA USA
689 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Originally posted by JF - retired RRT
Can you put 2 boarding passes on one phone??
I am not aware of the capability, but may vary by airline. I suppose it could be possible if you each have your own airline account and the ability to receive each other's email on the same phone, but then calling them up when needed could be a bit clumsy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Frank & Debbie Newman

DEC 1983 - Carnival Carnivale / Bahamas
AUG 1998 - Crown Princess / Alaska
OCT 1999 - Celebrity Century / Western Caribbean
NOV 2000 - HAL Amsterdam / Panama Canal
SEP 2003 - Grand Princess / Eastern Caribbean
JUN 2004 - Diamond Princess / Alaska
JAN 2005 - Carnival Conquest / Western Caribbean
FEB 2006 - Sapphire Princess / Mexican Riviera
JUL 2006 - NCL Star / Alaska
DEC 2006 - Grand Princess / Western Caribbean
DEC 2007 - Crown Princess / Western Caribbean
FEB 2008 - Dawn Princess / Mexican Riviera
NOV 2008 - Celebrity Constellation / Bermuda-Caribbean
DEC 2009 - Island Princess / Panama Canal
JUN 2010 - NCL Jade / Mediterranean
OCT 2010 - Ruby Princess / Transatlantic - Venice to Ft. Lauderdale
MAY 2011 - Golden Princess / Coastal - L.A. to Vancouver
MAY 2011 - Sapphire Princess / Coastal - Vancouver to Seattle
MAY 2011 - Sapphire Princess / Alaska
JUL 2011 - Caribbean Princess - Canada & New England
SEP 2011 - Emerald Princess / Transatlantic - Copenhagen to Ft. Lauderdale
JAN 2012 - Crown Princess / Western Caribbean
MAR 2012 - Star Princess / Santiago to San Francisco
SEP 2012 - NCL Pride of America / Hawaii
DEC 2012 - RCI Allure of the Seas / Caribbean
OCT 2013 - Royal Princess / Transatlantic - Venice to Ft. Lauderdale
APR 2014 - Ruby Princess - Transatlantic - Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton
JUL 2014 - NCL Star / Baltic Capitals
AUG 2014 - Viking Skadi - Grand European Tour
MAR 2015 - Viking Idi - Rhine Getaway
OCT 2015 - Regal Princess - New York City to Ft. Lauderdale
APR 2016 - Viking Star - Barcelona to Bergen
AUG 2016 - Viking Sea - Athens to Venice

JUN 2017 - Viking Emerald - Undiscovered China
League City, TX
39,536 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by XBGuy

However, you do have to concede to SWA's biggest shortcoming. Passengers do not get a piece of paper (or a digital image on their phone) proclaiming that they have exclusive claim to a particular seat.
I initially thought that the lining up to board in numerical order was much like lining up in kindergarten.

But I have come to believe it is better than the assigned seating on most other airlines.

Why?
o On other airlines when the first boarding group is called almost everyone crowds the way so they can be first when it is their group's turn.
o On Southwest, it is very orderly with no jam of passengers blocking the way of those who are supposed to be boarding.
Calimesa, CA
4,765 Posts
Joined May 2013
Originally posted by fnewman
I am not aware of the capability, but may vary by airline. I suppose it could be possible if you each have your own airline account and the ability to receive each other's email on the same phone, but then calling them up when needed could be a bit clumsy
Thanks
49 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
We were able to get multiple boarding passes on my tablet with SW and Delta....however....we were booked under one confirmation number. That being said, friends had 2 confirmation #'s and had to each sign in and download.
449 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by Allycat2017
Can I print my airline boarding pass on Ruby before I leave the ship?
Yes but if you are flying SW it has to be 24 hours before flight going by time at airport not ships time
The low desert, AZ
3,329 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by TERESAh
Yes but if you are flying SW it has to be 24 hours before flight going by time at airport not ships time
Which makes it well worth it to us to pay the $15.00 early check in fee on the return home flight.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Steven Wright

Mario Andretti
The low desert, AZ
3,329 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
When flying Southwest I do it all of the time. I use it for back up when DW and I fly together. We have never tried to use one phone with both passes when going through TSA so I don't know if they will accept that. Southwest will when boarding.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Steven Wright

Mario Andretti
Houma,La USA
355 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Originally posted by A&Jfamily
Or when you wake just log on and check in with your smart phone. No one seems to require printed passes anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Need to download airline app and it is great and simple

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Vista June 17, 2017
Liberty of the Seas April 16, 2017
Disney Wonder Dec 9, 2016
Royal Princess Oct 27, 2016
Allure of The Sea Feb 7 2016
Royal Princess Nov 10, 2015
Disney Fantasy May 30, 2015
Emerald Princess Dec 7, 2014
Disney Fantasy May 31, 2014
Disney Magic Feb 9, 2013
California
5,189 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by ar1950
When flying Southwest I do it all of the time. I use it for back up when DW and I fly together. We have never tried to use one phone with both passes when going through TSA so I don't know if they will accept that. Southwest will when boarding.
I have used one phone for two boarding passes at TSA a couple of times in OAK. I save them to Photos rather than try to fumble with the app. They didn't have a problem with it there.
12,962 Posts
Joined May 2005
Welcome to the world of paying for your seat assignment...and carry on.......guess a lot of you haven't booked flights recently......check out United, Delta and American Basic economy.....

Southwest is looking better all the time........
Woolwich Twp NJ, USA
324 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by land lover
Welcome to the world of paying for your seat assignment...and carry on.......guess a lot of you haven't booked flights recently......check out United, Delta and American Basic economy.....

You certainly have a point here- charges for everything popping up on every airline, it seems. Even business class on BA charges you extra if you want to book your exact seat way ahead of time- Business class!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

12,962 Posts
Joined May 2005
Originally posted by kmorg1234
You certainly have a point here- charges for everything popping up on every airline, it seems. Even business class on BA charges you extra if you want to book your exact seat way ahead of time- Business class!!!!
Business class you're kidding...me...if only......
We r flying economy out of LAX on BA(EZ air) to LHR in a few weeks and thankfully got our assignment ahead of time.....

My GF is flying American( via BA) EZair and went to get an assignment last week and was told she would have to pay thankfully she had her seat assignment already for her return on BA
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
L RI
Still favor land trips best, but as I log more sea and river days on ships and hours on CC , I might become a "Cruise Lover" sooner than I think or am I already?
1ST Ocean Liner Cruise
1983 Caribbean, Carnivale
1ST River Cruise
2006 China, Viking Century

My avatar is of a Marine Iguana the most amazing reptile ever.......unfortunately this guy now has a nose job since the recent software changes on CC. I viewed this indigenous iguana and swam with his friends in the Galapagos islands, while traveling on X's Xpedition in 2009 & 2010. Those adventures and a cruise around the Horn yields some unique, close up encounters with wildlife. And let's not forget Tahiti, Mexico, The Caribbean, Hawaii, Belize, the great reef, Indonesia,etc.etc...diving and snorkeling opens up a kaleidoscope of colors.....take time to enjoy experiences with nature and it's underwater wonders.
If you care ..I have enough cruises with Royal to drink in the concierge lounge and get an amenity or 2 and with Princess to get a bar set up and some OB spending cash.....Skoal.....or skål

16,217 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by land lover

and still with free 2 check-in luggage.
818 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
I download boarding passes to my phone all the time. But, I've never tried it for international flights. Is it allowed for international flights?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Prior Cruises
Regal Princess - July 2015 (Scandinavia and Russia)
River Splendor – August 2013 (Budapest to Amsterdam/River Cruise)
Crown Princess – June 2012 (Mediterranean)
Crown Princess - June 2009 (Mediterranean/Europe)
Tahitian Princess - September 2007 (South Pacific)
Grand Princess - June 2006 (Mediterranean)
Sea Princess - April 2000 (Western Caribbean)
Grand Princess - May 1999 (Eastern Caribbean)
HAL Maasdam - October 1998 (Columbia River)
Celebrity Mercury - April 1998 (Western Caribbean)
RCCL Song of America - March 1997 (Mexican Riviera)
Carnival Sensation - March 1996 (Eastern Caribbean)
RCCL Monarch - May 1994 (Southern Caribbean)
NCL Seaward - April 1993 (Western Caribbean)
NCL Westward - April 1992 (Mexican Riviera)
NCL Norway - May 1990 (Eastern Caribbean)
SAn Bruno California
1,449 Posts
Joined May 2000
Dont even try yo get a boarding pass using ships internet. You will waste hours. Print it at the airport. Basic Economy? Why would you even consider it. You get what you pay for. Not for me. I am willing to pay more.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oskidunker
Elite Cruiser
WI
195 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
I have been able to with my wife & I. Same confirmation number and I checked us both in at the same time. She is a little tech challenged. It has been with Delta that we do this.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ruby Princess Alaska May 2016
Coral Princess Pacific Coastal 2015
Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean 2014
Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean 2012
Golden Princess Pacific Coastal 2012
Crown Princess Southern Caribbean 2011
Island Princess Panama Canal 2009
Caribbean Princess New England 2008
Dawn Princess Alaska 2005
Royal Caribbean Western Caribbean 1997
Carnival Bahamas 1996
Diamond Bar, CA
808 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
Originally posted by cb at sea
Simply "check in" on your phone, and PRINT the boarding pass when you get to the airport.
That's what I do. I really don't understand how printing my own boarding pass prior to going to the airport is a benefit to me. Believe me, I'm going to check my bag--I think it is so cool that the airlines actually pay people to schlep my bags around. So, taking a few extra seconds to print a boarding pass on one ot their terminals is no big deal. Yes, I do pay the extra $15 to Southwest. Between cruise fare, air fare, ground transportation, pre-cruise purchases and onboard fun things, that surcharge is a pretty small nit. Of course, with all the eyes that are now turning to Southwest in this thread, I can see that they will up that to $20-25 pretty soon.

Oh well.