Repositioning Sailings 2014

maxydu

Somehow I fell into a Conquest repositioning cruise this Nov. where we board

in Puerto Rico and debark in Miami.

Is there a mechanism where other "repositioning sailings" can be determined?

I tried to find them on the CCL site but was unable to......

Any direction would be appreciated!

Somehow I fell into a Conquest repositioning cruise this Nov. where we board

in Puerto Rico and debark in Miami.

Is there a mechanism where other "repositioning sailings" can be determined?

I tried to find them on the CCL site but was unable to......

Any direction would be appreciated!

I found these on S E A S C A N N E R .com

Imagination Panama Canal 1/10/14 from Miami To Los Angeles

Legend 9/25/13 from Dover to New York

Legend 10/10/13 from New York to Tampa

Sunshine 11/1/13 from Barcelona to New Orleans

this is the website I use.

Or on the CCL Website select Transatlantic or Panama Canal and you should find them.

You missed Carnival Miracle Los Angelas to Vancouver (via Hawaii) 4/12/14.

Interesting, they used to break this up into 2 cruises.

Im doing the Vancouver to Calif this sept 17 and its one cruise for 15 days via Hawaii.

Not sure how long ago it was two cruises that you remember.

I would think there will be one in fall of 2105, that maybe has not yet posted. Some itineraries have not yet posted.

When the Spirit was out there it always was two 12 day cruises..We sailed Hawaii to Vancouver in May, 2011...And had the next cruise to Alaska booked and three months later Carnival finally caught on and made us cancel (Jones Act or whatever)...Dennis

I tried to move Alaska B2B with the repo .. and as you can see in my signature they are still 2 weeks apart and I either had to cancel one or fly there twice.

Same problem.

Still not allowed to do it as its presently set up.

I tried to move Alaska B2B with the repo .. and as you can see in my signature they are still 2 weeks apart and I either had to cancel one or fly there twice.

Same problem.

I looked at your signature -- how are you going to be on the Constellation and the Epic at the same time? :)

Or do you use European dating for the Norwegian ship?

Do the repo cruises have port stops? Any on board activities? Someone that's been on one mind explaining them a little? And how is the pricing? Cheaper than a regular cruise?

Repo cruises have ports and activities just like any other cruise but they start and end in a different homeport. Generally, but not always, they are cheaper than other cruises.

We did the March 2013 - 15 day Miracle repo from New York to Long Beach, via the Panama Canal, and it was slightly more expensive than doing a B2B. As you can see in my signature, there were quite a few stops along the way mixed in with the many sea days we enjoyed.

There is an upcoming repo doing the Panama Canal...just search for a cruise to Panama and it should come up.

Do the repo cruises have port stops? Any on board activities? Someone that's been on one mind explaining them a little? And how is the pricing? Cheaper than a regular cruise?

Repositioning cruise always have port stops.,.It's the same as a regular cruise except you start in one city and end in another..That the reason they are cheaper, airfare from two different cities and are usually so long as most people have to take two/three weeks vacation..We did a NCL one once from Boston to New Orleans and went to Aruba & Curacao and about 4 other ports..Flew to Boston a week early, did sight seeing there and rented a car in New Orleans and drove home to Tennesse...Dennis

Im doing the Vancouver to Calif this sept 17 and its one cruise for 15 days via Hawaii.

Not sure how long ago it was two cruises that you remember.

I would think there will be one in fall of 2105, that maybe has not yet posted. Some itineraries have not yet posted.

As late as this spring going north.

.......... as you can see in my signature ...........

Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 2/3/14, RCL Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14

Fire,

Nice Sig! You don't have many two week spans to choose from!

Color me GREEN with envy!

I looked at your signature -- how are you going to be on the Constellation and the Epic at the same time? :)

Or do you use European dating for the Norwegian ship?

lol, I did get them backwards .. european. My UK TA actually sends confirmations with the dates backwards to me.

Im on Epic on 3/2, not 2/3

Last I looked mine was at 1079 pp, with 15 days, visiting 5 hawaiian islands. I didnt book it in American Dollars so dont know how low it got.

If you fly with SW flying to seattle and home from calif the flights are not any worse than booking a round trip out of Calif to hawaii for the same # of days.

Last I looked mine was at 1079 pp, with 15 days, visiting 5 hawaiian islands. I didnt book it in American Dollars so dont know how low it got.

If you fly with SW flying to seattle and home from calif the flights are not any worse than booking a round trip out of Calif to hawaii for the same # of days.

Thats a good price for two plus weeks firefly! I'm gonna check this repo stuff out. I learn something new on this board all of the time.:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Same problem.

Would please explain why this is a problem? And use little words, it's Friday and I left my brain at work..

Would please explain why this is a problem? And use little words, it's Friday and I left my brain at work..

There is some law, that is similar to Jones Act, except its called something else. If its a one way trip, you have to visit a port that is a distant foreign port. Because in this case I would embark and disembark in Vancouver, and it doesnt count since I dont have to get off the ship, Vancouver does not count.

Because Carnival is a foreign flagged ship, there are people in Congress who allow the lobbeyiests to say foreign flagged ships have to go to a "DISTANT" foreign port. and in this case of a B2B the port of Vancouver does not count.

Thats the closest I can come to explaining why they wouldnt allow me. Supposedly there is up to a $300 fine which I would agree to pay to Carnival if they would let me do this (my airfare home on sept 3rd is over $200 the day after labor day, just this one of four one way flights)

If anyone knows someone at Carnival who would let me pay the fine, I could still get my TA to change me. He says Carnival told him he cant book it.

If its a round trip cruise .. like out of calif that stops that one stop in Mexico .. just to make it legal .. for some reason they can do it, but not when its a one way cruise. The law sees my B2B as all one cruise.

The other one people ran into this was the Conquest repo from NOLA to San Juan and then it goes back to Miami. You can do either leg .. but you cant do both these legs because then San Juan doesnt count as the law sees it as one cruise and so sees you as staying on the ship in San Juan.

An 1800s passenger vessel law prohibits foreign flagged ships (which cruise ships always are) from transporting passengers between two U.S. ports without stopping in a distant foreign port. Ports in Canada, Mexico, Central America, and most of the Caribbean are not considered DISTANT foreign ports. A B2B cruise is considered all one journey; therefore, it can't start in one U.S. port and end in a different one without stopping in a distant foreign port (like a port in South America or one of the Caribbean exceptions like Aruba). The traditional repositioning cruises between two U.S. cities stop somewhere that counts as a distant foreign port. One exception to the act is transportation to and from San Juan, P.R., which is technically a U.S. port but not for purposes of the act. That's why it's okay to have a one-way to or from San Juan. It's also okay to have a one-way ending or starting in a Canadian port, since it's not a U.S. port. Where you run into trouble is when you try to do a B2B combining a cruise that starts in one U.S. city and ends in a non-U.S. city with a cruise that starts in a non-U.S. city and ends in a different U.S. city -- because it's considered all one journey.

Archived