Acapulco - Hotels

travelstamp

We are scheduled to take the Regal Princess on Nov 7 from Acapulco to San Juan. We would like to go a few days early and explore Acapulco. Does anyone have any suggestion as to convenient hotels to the Pier or a hotel that is accessible to airport and Pier? Anyone else going on this cruise? :)

Norwegian Majesty

Princess Sun

Celebrity Mercury

Discovery

Norwegian Norway

RCCL

• 1 month later...

The Hyatt Regency is half way between the airport and pier. It is near the end of the beach so you can get some quiet but it is pricey. The Princess is way out of the city but close to the airport with great golf courses. LaBrisas is very pricey but super service. so you have to decide on convenience, price and amenities then ask for suggestions. I can recommend all three very highly. Each has something different to offer.

thanks for the beginning thoughts. i looked at all the few mentioned here. hyatt,LaBrisas and the princess one..........

i am VERY intrigued by the LaBrisas and would be willing to fork the $$$ if it's as good as it seems. ºÜº mucho OT at work till next feb. for a 3 day pre cruise stay ;) esp. since the panama cruise itself is alot ;)

a few more ? please...... as i continue my research........

how far from the port and is it an easy transfer ? is it prudent to buy meal plan ? we're 45-46 yo will we fit in or is it younger honeymoon crowd ? what sites r not to be missed ?

any other "hints" about the place or area would be appreciated . thanks in advance !

My wife and I will be on the same cruise. We are arriving in Acapulco on Nov. 5 to have a day for touring. I found the Hyatt Regency to be relatively inexpensive and have reserved an ocean view room for $104 per nite. Other rooms start at $89 per nite.

This hotel seems to cater to the Jewish community which is fine with me. (Synagog, Kosher food). Although not Jewish, I am not prejudiced and expect to enjoy my stay.

Archived