Shampoo/Soap on Carnival

JKCruisin

It has been three years since we cruised on Carnival Ecstasy. We are now planning our second cruise which will be on the Victory in May. Can someone tell me if Carnival still provides the soap and shampoo in the cabin showers? I thought I read somewhere that these were no longer provided but cannot find the post again. Thanks for the help.

It has been three years since we cruised on Carnival Ecstasy. We are now planning our second cruise which will be on the Victory in May. Can someone tell me if Carnival still provides the soap and shampoo in the cabin showers? I thought I read somewhere that these were no longer provided but cannot find the post again. Thanks for the help.

Shampoo and liquid body wash still provided in the shower. Bar soap still provided on the sink.

Promotional toiletries could still be on some ships - but unlikely. Ships have been using up what they had in stock.

Just off the Fantasy- no basket of complimentary toiletries- fine with me. But this was the first year I packed sans soap and shampoo- figuring I could give days without my brand (which is Suave or generic anyway). Big mistake lesson learned. Every time we opened bar soap they tossed it during cabin service. There were only three to begin with so we ran short of soap. The body wash would not lather or spread at all. It seemed more like cloudy colored water. The shampoo did not leave my hair clean- and I don't use products for styling even. Not a problem- at least I know to keep packing these things.

I was on the Victory last October, and yes there is still both the shampoo and body wash in the shower, as well as bar soap on the bathroom vanity. I had no problem with those items, they worked for me, especially on a 5 day cruise. I suggest though bring a small hotel size bottle of conditioner, as the sun and sea air does wreak havoc on hair, making it dry and brittle. Conditioner will keep it "down" some:D. Also Victory has those hair dryers on the bathroom wall that look like a vacuum cleaner lol. It worked ok enough for me, but if you are fussy about hair dryers, then I suggest you bring a small one from home. I loved the Victory, hope you enjoy her too:)

There was no shell, or basket with the trial size items though, and I did not ask about it. I am not sure if they are being phased out or not, but I did not even notice that it was not there till the second day. No big deal to me though.

Edited by SMSACE6

Soap does it have to foam to be effective.

The shampoo is very drying. The soap is adequate when used with a wash cloth.

Should have read, 'Soap does not have to foam to be effective.'