Secret Harbour

MarieF4861

Does anyone have any recent information regarding Secret Harbor? I am looking for a beach with shade, low crowd levels, chair rentals, decent rest rooms, and pleasant surroundings. I have been to Sapphire, Emerald, Megan's and Trunk Bay. Just looking to try something different. Thanks.

WE visited SH a month ago while staying at Sapphire. We've been before (we looked at condos for sale earlier) and wanted to see if it had changed at all. The bay is smaller than Sapphire and the water is extremely calm because the bay is so well protected. SH has everything you're looking for except perhaps the shade. It also won't have the island views or waves that Sapphire has, and it will be about as busy because people stay there and other cruisers will be there. Sapphire offers more room to spread out of course. We would definitely choose SH over Magens and Emerald.

But SH is nice, we would go there if we didn't know about Sapphire if that helps at all. ;)

Enjoy!

Although SH does not have much shade, there are hammocks, a nice bar and restaurant, chairs and its not too crowded. We really liked it, but as others have said Sapphire is better.

And I should say that Sapphire being the better of the two is just our opinion. We know others prefer SH as well so it's a matter of choice as both are nice places to stay for a day or a week.

SH has a restaurant where Sapphire is really lacking that. But that affects people staying at the resort more than cruisers spending one day there because the Banana Cabana ans Sapphire Village have runners taking orders on the beach.

Although SH does not have much shade, there are hammocks, a nice bar and restaurant, chairs and its not too crowded. We really liked it, but as others have said Sapphire is better.

The hammocks and the chairs in that area are reserved for guests and owners. The chairs that are rented by the dive shop are in front of the dive shop.

Thanks for the info. Sapphire is beautiful I was last there about five years ago and was somewhat concerned about things I have read about it being more crowded now and the restrooms not being the best. The friend I am traveling with has never been to St. Thomas. It sounds like Sapphire is the better choice.

The negative reports are generally from other newcomers reading negative reports from others who have never been to Sapphire. (:rolleyes:) Makes a lot of sesne, huh?

The bathrooms are actually very nice for beach restrooms, they can just get "used" after a day of people using them. The problem is folks who don't have any respect for how they leave them. There are pics on another thread if you want to see them. The only problem we have while staying at the resort is the restaurant and pool bar are currently closed and it's not the same "resort" feel of earlier days. But the condos are very nice, the dive center rents everything you want, there are plenty of food and drink options, and the beach and water are gorgeous along with the island views. So for one day Sapphire is probably the nicest place to spend a beach day on the island. Your friend will enjoy Sapphire or SH, but Sapphire will be more comfortable.

Archived