Navigator questions

Cruising for first time in 16 years on Navigator and had some questions

1. Is there a site that lists the times of all the shows, that we can see before we sail? Trying to organize and get some semblance if a schedule beforehand

2. Flow rider - is it first come first serve or can you reserve a certain time ? How much time do you get on it? Same question about ice skating

3. Staying in a suite. Understand you can reserve seats on the deck? Is there a cost or is it worth it? Are they near the pool?

Thanks in advance for any advice

There is no published schedule of shows. You can look for recent reviews and Cruise Compasses of the exact same itinerary. Shows are timed to be convenient for the two traditional dining times.

Flow rider and ice skating are first come, first served. You can book lessons on the flow rider for extra cost in which case you will have an assigned time.

If you are in a Grand Suite or better, there is a suite area near the pool with loungers, but that area is first come, first served, no reservations.

Edited by clarea

1: no. there will be two showings of the 'main' entertainment, one meant to accommodate Early Dining and one for Late seating. those on MTD can attend either one. usually the comedian will have 2 shows a family friendly one early and an Adult ONLY one late at night. there will be a list iof everything coming up the next day left in your cabin the night before, showing EVERYTHING..operating hours of dining venues, bars, entertainment and everything else

2: the FR has set operating hours for both versions. I think it is also possible to book private lessons. I think they begin signing people up an hour prior. again, the daily schedule will give all the details

3: no. there is a SECTION set aside for gold card holders but you cannot reserve a specific lounger. and no it is not by the pool, but a deck up facing the pool. ( it however closer to the bar) also, zero shade or cover. no reserved seating in the adult only solarium. the other reserved areas are the theater and ice skating rink( you WANT to see that show, and you should get a special inviation for a specific show beciase you are in a suite) be advised, the reserved sections are not considered to be prime viewing areas. we got a better view by sitting center ice half way up

Cruising for first time in 16 years on Navigator and had some questions

1. Is there a site that lists the times of all the shows, that we can see before we sail? Trying to organize and get some semblance if a schedule beforehand

2. Flow rider - is it first come first serve or can you reserve a certain time ? How much time do you get on it? Same question about ice skating

3. Staying in a suite. Understand you can reserve seats on the deck? Is there a cost or is it worth it? Are they near the pool?

Thanks in advance for any advice

1- as said there are 2 shows each evening, if you are in grand suite or better, there is reserve seating, but never seen a problem with getting seats except for the ice show

2- you can pay for private time, but it was not crowded the one day we went too look

3- Private suite area was never crowded are our 2 cruises on this ship, seats are nice in front of the pool and bandstand and next to bar which is handy

I will add that across the fleet the sports deck operators that handle the flowrider seem to have permission to be somewhat flexible in their operation. When lines are short, they let you stay on longer and when it is busier they shorten things up a bit. Most people report its not busy at embarkation. Sea days mid afteroon seem to be always busy.

I will add that across the fleet the sports deck operators that handle the flowrider seem to have permission to be somewhat flexible in their operation. When lines are short, they let you stay on longer and when it is busier they shorten things up a bit. Most people report its not busy at embarkation. Sea days mid afteroon seem to be always busy.

also when ship is in port so are most of the people and only a few people were using it

also when ship is in port so are most of the people and only a few people were using it

I'm glad you mentioned that. Many things do close in port, but the Flowrider doesn't.

it wasn't in operation on embarkation day. in fact whenever we walked by it was dark. it does not run all the time and of course weather plays a part

1: no. there will be two showings of the 'main' entertainment, one meant to accommodate Early Dining and one for Late seating. those on MTD can attend either one. usually the comedian will have 2 shows a family friendly one early and an Adult ONLY one late at night. there will be a list iof everything coming up the next day left in your cabin the night before, showing EVERYTHING..operating hours of dining venues, bars, entertainment and everything else

2: the FR has set operating hours for both versions. I think it is also possible to book private lessons. I think they begin signing people up an hour prior. again, the daily schedule will give all the details

3: no. there is a SECTION set aside for gold card holders but you cannot reserve a specific lounger. and no it is not by the pool, but a deck up facing the pool. ( it however closer to the bar) also, zero shade or cover. no reserved seating in the adult only solarium. the other reserved areas are the theater and ice skating rink( you WANT to see that show, and you should get a special inviation for a specific show beciase you are in a suite) be advised, the reserved sections are not considered to be prime viewing areas. we got a better view by sitting center ice half way up

Plus the reserved area at the ice rink fills up. On our recent Navigator it was already full...

none. too expensive to access WiFi or cellular data on board.

DITTO! Turn your phone to Airplane Mode and leave it. If your phone is set to automatically download emails, Facebook notifications, game notifications, you will rack up insanely high data charges quickly. Look for places in port that offer free wifi and connect that way...while in airplane mode! If you have to use your phone, make sure you turn off data roaming and limit the call...charges will be a couple dollars a minute, at least. Wifi on the ship is so expensive and terribly slow...not worth it to even buy it, if you ask me! Use the time to unplug and enjoy the good ole days of NO PHONES!

I have to disagree. The reserved section for the ice show were great seats. We were also close to where some performers entered or left the ice and so we got to see them up close and personal.

On the Allure of the Seas, you can make reservations for the Ice show before the cruise. Can a non-suite passenger make reservations for the ice show?

Thank you

Any guest on Allure can make pre-cruise reservations for the ice show, and several other shows too.

Edited by clarea

I have to disagree. The reserved section for the ice show were great seats. We were also close to where some performers entered or left the ice and so we got to see them up close and personal.

I also thought the seats for the gold card were really good for ice show, just get there 10 to 15 mins before the show