Oasis ruined me for life

benalexe

The oasis was so big an beautiful I can't imagine going on another ship. We pulled ext to the carnival elation and paradise. What garbage. Even the enchantment looked crappy. The oasis was just unbelievable. I feel like anything else is sub par.

We are spoiled too. We went from Oasis to the Island Princess. It was like going from a Suburban to a Smart Car. You get there, but you do miss the extras for sure.

Total reason for building a third ship in the class. We just need different porting options.

Andrew

Just becuse it is larger does not mean it is better and everything else is inferior.

Many people like the feeling of being on a ship and seeing the ocean from many vantage points.

8,000 people, a "merry-go-round" and a Coach store does not always equal a better cruise.

We enjoyed our Allure and Oasis cruises also but won't feel "slighted" when we sail the Jewel or the Independence in 2013. They are different types of cruises for sure but we love the relaxation we find on the smaller ships. We left Oasis feeling as though we hadn't done it all even though we rarely ever stopped. I enjoy "stopping" sometimes. LOL

The oasis has definitely ruined my kids - they don't want to go back, not even the freedom. My dh and I, on the other hand, don't care that much as long as we're on a ship. We did love the oasis though and can't wait to go again!

Just becuse it is larger does not mean it is better and everything else is inferior.

Many people like the feeling of being on a ship and seeing the ocean from many vantage points.

8,000 people, a "merry-go-round" and a Coach store does not always equal a better cruise.

For the OP and a quite a few others (myself included) "bigger IS better" and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that even though don't share our sentiments. :)

A lot of cruisers want more to do than lay around and sun bathe. The Oasis class ships offer cruisers as little or as much as they personally prefer to do.

As far as ocean views go, there are enough areas in which you can enjoy views of the ocean. True...not as many as other ships but they do exist.

There's a whole lot more to it than just a "merry -go-round" and a Coach store.

The oasis was so big an beautiful I can't imagine going on another ship. We pulled ext to the carnival elation and paradise. What garbage. Even the enchantment looked crappy. The oasis was just unbelievable. I feel like anything else is sub par.

I probably will love sailing on Oasis, too, someday--and it might make sailing on something smaller feel like a step down. But Elation isn't "garbage". It's a sweet little ship with a great crew. We recently had one of our best cruises on her. Our friends were with us, on their first cruise, and are hooked for life. They couldn't believe how huge the ship was! :)

Who knows, someday you might be on an exponential-to-Oasis type ship & think the Oasis looks small and "crappy". :p

There's a whole lot more to it than just a "merry -go-round" and a Coach store.

Ditto. You can bet the previous poster has not sailed the Oasis class with that comment. :)

And sometimes it just seems like some people aren't really interested in learning much of anything from those who have been on Oasis or Allure.

My husband and I really enjoy the entertainment on ships and go to the shows every night. Entertainment on the Oasis class ships is on another level than all other ships in the fleet. NCL's Epic is on par with Oasis and Allure and offers the same type of entertainment.

As one poster said, "Bigger is not always better". For us... bigger is most certainly better.

To date the Oasis twins are my all time favorites but that doesn't mean that I can't or won't enjoy other ships. A lot depends on the itinerary. Will be trying Celebrity in March and am excited to try yet another line. The only cruise line that no longer interests me and is off the list is Carnival.

Count us in as Oasis/Allure lovers as well. We will still sail on the other ships but would prefer the Oasis class. We enjoy all the different dining and drinking options offered. I don't think we had breakfast in the same venue twice during the week.

Now if the prices would only come down!!!:rolleyes::p

We just got off of the Allure and don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful ship with lots to do... but after the shows ended at night, everyone was gone. We are use to going to the Schooner Bar or Bull & Bear on the Freedom ships but on the Allure, when we went to the Schooner Bar or Bow & Stern after the shows, they were basically closed. We even did the Rising Tide bar by ourselves on a couple of nights. Even though we don't like the big crowds, we do like having several other people around when we go out. With all of that said, if I could get a good deal on the Oasis ships, I would definitely go back.

We just got off of the Allure and don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful ship with lots to do... but after the shows ended at night, everyone was gone. We are use to going to the Schooner Bar or Bull & Bear on the Freedom ships but on the Allure, when we went to the Schooner Bar or Bow & Stern after the shows, they were basically closed. We even did the Rising Tide bar by ourselves on a couple of nights. Even though we don't like the big crowds, we do like having several other people around when we go out. With all of that said, if I could get a good deal on the Oasis ships, I would definitely go back.

Unfortunately, that can happen on any ship. It just depends on the passenger mix. The first time I sailed on the Oasis the night life was crazy and there were people all over the place late into the night. The 2nd time it was like a ghost ship around midnight :eek: :D

We were on Allure on December 9th...I'm really glad we went and we did have a great time, but I prefer Voyager and Freedom class. We absolutely loved Central Park and its restaurants, as well as the healthy buffet in the solarium. Schooner, Bow & Stern, Champagne bar, Vintages, and Jazz were usually dead and we were practically alone on Rising Tide. Dazzles was busy for the scheduled events. Blaze was good for young adults. Service in the MDR for My Time Dining was inefficient. The pool and sun decks were both windy even in nice weather (maybe it was engineered this way so that people can be cooler in the Caribbean year-round).

Archived