Tamiflu in board?

GatorV

Is Tamiflu effective against Norovirus?

My husband and i were just issued some because our 5 yr old granddaugter has come down with the flu, and with the serious respiratory involvement she is having it may be swine...waiting for results but as most little ones do she is already on the mend thank goodness.:o

If we do not use our tamiflu i am thinking i will pack it for our January cruise? just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a few years since I have been on HAL & I am soooo glad to say I am having the return very soon! On all of the HAL cruises we were on they had people behind the line putting the food on your plate. Is this still being done? It was actually one of the things I admired.

My son has the H1N1 virus :( & I can only imagine how difficult it would be to keep a youngster quarantined to a cabin on a cruise( I would never take a sick child on a cruise I am just thinking if someone came down with it or some other illness).....this brought the question to the forefront of my mind.

BTW they prescribed Tamilflu for him & said really it would probably only shorten his symptoms by one day

It has been a few years since I have been on HAL & I am soooo glad to say I am having the return very soon! On all of the HAL cruises we were on they had people behind the line putting the food on your plate. Is this still being done? It was actually one of the things I admired.

My son has the H1N1 virus :( & I can only imagine how difficult it would be to keep a youngster quarantined to a cabin on a cruise( I would never take a sick child on a cruise I am just thinking if someone came down with it or some other illness).....this brought the question to the forefront of my mind.

BTW they prescribed Tamilflu for him & said really it would probably only shorten his symptoms by one day

Yes, on Lido deck there are servers behind the counters that put the food on your plates for you. You can help yourself to the appetizers, desserts, etc.

Yes, on Lido the servers behind the counter do put the food on your plate. You can help yourself to the appetizers, salad bar and desserts.

Sorry, double post.

I don't think anyone should count on the infirmary having tamiflu on hand. They surely will have a limited supply but if your doctor wants you to have it along with you when you cruise, ask them to prescribe it. Most reports I have heard is that unless the H1N1 morphs into something more serious, most people who contract that flu won't even need tamiflu and only those with other medical conditions would be taking it. Check with your own doctor.

I don't think anyone should count on the infirmary having tamiflu on hand. They surely will have a limited supply but if your doctor wants you to have it along with you when you cruise, ask them to prescribe it. Most reports I have heard is that unless the H1N1 morphs into something more serious, most people who contract that flu won't even need tamiflu and only those with other medical conditions would be taking it. Check with your own doctor.

I know some people who have had the swine flu and it can really knock you around. One of my mates had extreme difficulty with shortness of breath and had problems for a month.

I have been prescribed some " Relenza" which is very effective against the flu. The difference between it and Tamiflu is that it has to be inhaled.

The key to it from what I have read is to take it within a day or 2 of first contracting the Flu and therefore I have decided to bring some along on our cruise in October just to be prepared. It was only about $40 and therefore cheap insurance.

I had H1N1 in June. Got it at a meeting attended by people from several countries. Due to my age I had a mild case, but it kept me home and sick for 3 days and ruined the weekend. I had flu in 1957-58 which likely gave me some immunity.

It spread through of meeting like wildfire!

I am convinced it spread due to all the handshaking!

Be careful and give up handshaking!

Archived