"LIVE" from Carnival Pride / Nov. 8, 2009

Radio

Hello everyone. . . Tomorrow I will be sailing the Beautiful Carnival Pride for a 7 night Cruise to the Bahamas, and Florida.

The Carnival Pride was built in 2001 at the Kvarrner Masa-Yards, in Finland.(The same shipyard that built RCI Voyager Class, and several RCI Vision class ships)

She was the second of 4 Spirit Class Ships. I sailed on Carnival Miracle in September '08, and loved the ship.

I made a "LIVE" report from that sailing that can be viewed HERE, and also made a short video that can be viewed HERE.

Our ports will feature Port Canaveral, Nassau, BHS, and Freeport, BHS.

I have been to each of these ports twice during 2009. Once on Norwegian Majesty, in Jan 2009, and once on Norwegian GEM in March 2009.

I am very excited about sailing on Carnival Pride. . . I really enjoyed myself last year when I sailed on her sister ship from New York.

Mrs. Radio will also be sailing, as well as several family members. They are also excited to be on a ship for 8 days. . . with no cooking or cleaning !

I toured the Pride earlier in the year while she was in port, and I can tell you tha Baltimore is very happy to be the home of Carnival Pride for a few years. Cruise Maryland at the Port of Baltimore is a great place to sail from.

Those of you who have followed my "LIVE" reports with RCI, and HAL, and NCL already know that I will provide daily comments and trip

reports from this cruise.

My first "LIVE" report on Carnival was in August 2008 on Carival Victory. (Cruise To Canada)

I will also try to post many "LIVE" pics daily (as long as I am able to maintain a valid wireless connection)

I should be getting to Cruise Maryland by around 1230PM. Sail Away is scheduled for 530PM.

The forecast for tomorrow sounds good (Sunny and 67f), and I will post once I get set up in my Cabin !

So sit back, and relax. . .this should be a fun cruise ! I hope that my internet connection stays active. ;)

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Carnival Pride approaching Cruise Maryland with the Pride of Baltimore in April 2009

CCL011.jpg

Image Courtesy of Maryland Port Administration

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH Radio.. ANOTHER live one.. I love to follow you while you are cruising.. We were on the Pride in Sept and LOVED HER.. Plus we live in PA and it was so easy to get to the Port of Baltimore.. Enjoy your trip and I will be following along.. HAVE a GREAT cruise..

I just have a few "last minute" electronics to pack, and in about 3 hours I will be at Cruise Maryland to board the Pride ! !

I only live about 20 minutes North of the Port ;)

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cruise Maryland at the Port of Baltimore

CM3.JPG

This is great! You did the Victory shortly after I sailed her. Then you did live from the Miracle a 2 months after I sailed her. Now, you are sailing Pride 3 months after I sailed her. Your report have always been great ways to relive my vacations! If your waitress is Martina from Slovakia, tell her Nathan and family says hi! She was a part of the best team we've ever had.

Wonderful....always love your "Live" reports...they are just the best...

Also love the Spirit class and have thought about doing the Pride again out of Baltimore...it would be I guess a 3-4 hour ride for us maybe? We are in the middle of NC--right off of I-85...

Any info on traffic, parking and the port would be appreciated:)

Bon Voyage Radio and Family:):)

Radio,

I have been looking forward to this report of yours! We were big fans of the NCL Majesty and LOVED sailing from Baltimore. I am curious how it compares to NCL as we are thinking of trying the Pride since she is in Baltimore. Have a wonderful trip!!!

Hello everyone! Sorry it took so long for the first post. . .(I had a few connection problems)

We arrived at Cruise Maryland at about 12:15. The port was not busy at all. We dropped off our luggage with no line and no wait.

We went into the terminal, and there was no line while entering the Security checkpoint. We walked right up to a very friendly check in agent.

It was about 12:30 now, and we were given Boarding (Zone) Pass #13. . . Uh oh ? Is this bad luck, NUMBER 13 ? ? No worries. . . They started calling zones at about 1PM, and we were called at 1:20 to board the beautiful Carnival Pride.

The check in agent told us that the ship has been arriving in port at about 9AM, and leaving by 430PM. She seemed concerned that no one informed us of the early departure time. (530PM was listed in our documents).

I loved the new Muster drill. We met down on Deck 3 at 4PM with NO Life Jackets ! The crew instructed all of the passengers how to wear the preservers, and where the lifeboats would be in case of emergency.

We left the pier at about 440PM, and have just sailed under the Francis Scott Key Bridge (I-695). We should be at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge by 730PM.

Wow. . Its 530 already, and Dinner is at 6PM. I am going to cut this post short, and I will try to post again later with some more pics. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Our first glimpse of Carnival Pride

A3.JPG

Inside Cruise Maryland waiting to board

A9.JPG

We made it on board !

A15.JPG

There will be a permanent Gangway at Cruise Maryland in 2010 to replace this one.

A27.JPG

Our cabin on Deck 8

A20.JPG

A view from our cabin

A22.JPG

Radio - I am think about booking the Pride for June 2010 for my daughter's 8th grade graduation present so I am looking forward to your live reports this week. We loved sailing from Baltimore in July (and are already booked to sail again next July). The port was well run and everyone was very efficient and friendly (from the lugage porters to the ICE agents). The elimination of the airfare and the hassles of air line baggage also makes it very attractive.

I have never sailed Carnival and was wondering - do you know what category your room is considered? When looking on the Carnival Web site last night I found all of their different balcony categories confusing.

Thanks

Barbara

Hello everyone. . . We had a great dinner in the Normandie Dining Room. I couldn’t wait for dessert though. . .I had to have some of the Warmed Chocolate Melting Cake. I can’t seem to get enough of that. (and some great coffee)

We went up to the Taj Mahal Lounge to catch some of Game Show Mania. There wasn’t many people in there, but Bingo was starting soon. . .and it was about to be packed.

It seems that the Celebrity Mercury will be passing us soon while coming up the Bay. She is sailing on a 17Nt cruise from San Diego, and will be Home Porting from Baltimore for a few months. We are scheduled to pass Mercury at about 1130PM. I hope I can stay up !

Tomorrow should be a big day, and I am sure I will be up early. There are always lots of activities during the sea days. The forecast is calling for another sunny day !

Here are a few pics from our departure from Baltimore. More Pics tomorrow, though. (connection permitting)

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

We had a beautiful sunny day today (71f)

A18.JPG

Just before we left the port. . .

A16.JPG

We see the Baltimore City skyline, just north of Cruise Maryland

A5.JPG

We pulling away slowly. . .

A31.JPG

Just passing under the Key Bridge

A30.JPG

Our first day comes to an end. . . We have a whole week ahead of us !!

A29.JPG

That's a great picture! It would make a great wallpaper, plenty of dark area at the bottom for your desktop icons!

Theron

Its funny how disgusting that area is but how nice it looks when the sun is setting on it. I'm pretty sure the hill behind the bridge used to be a landfill.

Archived