Looking for family friendly beach

K1226M

We don't want to go to maho beach, we want something family friendly we have 4 boys ages 9,7,5&4. Last yr we went to Nassau and went to Jambo beach, wasn't great but we were able to get drinks and walk back to the boat.

So our key requirements are family friendly, free would be great [emoji1]. Easy to get a cab back to the boat if it's not walking distance. Bonus if there's a place to get drinks

Thanks!

Le Galion is a great family-friendly beach. Always calm waters, shallow for the little ones, drinks and food available. You would need a taxi to get there - and either arrange return pick up with the driver or get the bar/restaurant to call for you. you cannot count on taxis always pulling up the way they do at Orient beach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great Bay Beach is in walking distance or you can take the water ferry. Very reasonable for chairs, umbrellas, food and drink. Plenty of restaurant's and shops along the beachside boardwalk.

Edited by runner15km

LeGalion would be my suggestion for you as well. Little Bay would be my second choice given what you are looking for.

I would not recommend Great Bay beach for anyone due to the pollution concerns but I especially would tell anyone with small children to look into the threads on the pollution concerns at this beach prior to going. Make an educated decision for yourself and your family. Enjoy your day on the island.