Princess laundry

smeck

Shortly we'll be going on a European cruise for two weeks. During that time period I'm sure we'll need jeans laundered do to the cool temperatures this time of the year. Does the ships laundry handle jeans well, don't want them to come back starched like a 2 by 4.

Shortly we'll be going on a European cruise for two weeks. During that time period I'm sure we'll need jeans laundered do to the cool temperatures this time of the year. Does the ships laundry handle jeans well, don't want them to come back starched like a 2 by 4.

Lately we put a "cool temps please" in big letters on the ticket.

For the most part this has seemed to work. ;)

We have had a few things over the years end up with little holes throughout the garment. :eek:

You just don't know, its not so much any starch but the high temps that destroy fabrics. We are very careful what we send out. If we think it will turn out bad we will go to the laundry. :)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Even though I will be in a suite on my next cruise I prefer to do my own laundry!

Don't want my clothes in their mesh bag mixed in with other people's clothes in their gigantic machines. Total yuck factor for me. Call me picky. Guilty as charged!

You also have the luxury of washing your clothes in the temperature that you want and can choose to machine dry or hang dry in your cabin.

However if I do need something dry cleaned I will use that service.

Even though I will be in a suite on my next cruise I prefer to do my own laundry!

Don't want my clothes in their mesh bag mixed in with other people's clothes in their gigantic machines. Total yuck factor for me. Call me picky. Guilty as charged!

You also have the luxury of washing your clothes in the temperature that you want and can choose to machine dry or hang dry in your cabin.

However if I do need something dry cleaned I will use that service.

Not "dry cleaning" per se anymore. ;)

I see most of your previous cruise history is on Royal Caribbean... Princess has self-serve laundromats, so you can wash them yourself.

Funny story, I was staying at a hotel once and had my jeans laundered. They put so much starch on my jeans I could of played whack a mole with them. They ended up buying me a new pair of jeans. Since then I have starch paranoia.

Funny story, I was staying at a hotel once and had my jeans laundered. They put so much starch on my jeans I could of played whack a mole with them. They ended up buying me a new pair of jeans. Since then I have starch paranoia.

Or POS, paranoia of starch. :p

LOL. Takes the sentence "standing up by themselves" to a whole new level. :eek: