Liberty Oct 11 Photo Review

Danacat222

Tonight's show was Singing With the Big Band, a tribute to Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr.

I grew up with a father who played in a band, Big Band and Jazz were his thing, I grew up listening to Frank and Sammy, the show inclueded the live show band and the dancers. It was pretty good, and I don't typically like the shows. I LOVED the band itself.

At the beginning of the show, we were able to take pics of the opener with the kids participating in "The Candyman".

DSC4263-vi.jpg

DSC4264-vi.jpg

DSC04264-vi.jpg

After the show we decided we were tired from being in the sun so long this day, so we called it a night.

The Moon

DSC04266-vi.jpg

DSC04257-vi.jpg

You earn point by being a Verizon subscriber and can use the points towards discounts on merchandise, entertainment, shopping, local deals, etc.

I got an email about it back in July or August, there is a section for Gift Cards and a subcategory for travel. That is where to find Carnival stuff, they have e-gift cards (1000 points and you can buy a $100 e-gift card for $90. For 5000 points you can buy a $500 e-gift card for $450.

https://rewards.verizonwireless.com

Thanks!!! I just signed up. Turns out we have over 81.000 points accrued. If only we could apply that to get cruise for free.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am enjoying your review. The pictures are gorgeous! When you said that your Mom felt old because of the special muster area, I thought that it sounded like something my parents would say. It's really nice that you were able to spend quality time with your Mom on the cruise. As they get older you never know how much longer they'll be able to get out and about do fun things with you.

enjoying this because I have ALWAYS wanted to cruise on the Liberty and I finally got my dream come true with some very good CCL offers. Doing a B2B in January so looking foward to hearing more. Brianna and others commenting on the Cruiser drink: I "discoverd" this drink a while ago on the Spirit. It is very very good, very very sweet and with all the ice in the small goblet, it took me about 3 sips from a straw to finish the whole $9 drink/not including gratuity! :eek: A very easy drink to copy at home! Or order free from past guest party! Just FYI and my experience! :p

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I just want to apologize for abandoning this review of mine. My father fell very ill and I was not able to concentrate or focus. Sadly he passed away last week. I am hoping to resume very soon. Having a problem with photos showing properly.

Edited by Danacat222

I just want to apologize for abandoning this review of mine. My father fell very ill and I was not able to concentrate or focus. Sadly he passed away last week. I am hoping to resume very soon. Having a problem with photos showing properly.

Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your father.

It is thoughtful of you to return to your review, thank you, and for sharing your photos, a fabulous shot of the sunset, (post 7 of this thread).

So we are now on the itinerary change Day at Sea. A hot and humid one.

We love Sea day Brunch!

DSC04301-vi.jpg

But something was missing. The Huevos rancheros was missing its sauces and the little fried jack cheese squares. I think it was a fluke, because all the current reviews I have read still show those things in pics. When I asked the waiter about them, he had no idea what i was talking about.

DSC04303-vi.jpg

We got some bacon and hash browns to share.

DSC04304-vi.jpg

After brunch, we went up to the aft pool for some R & R. And a cold adult beverage.

Meet my new favorite poolside drink. Mango Swirl. OMG. This was the fun thing about Cheers, we tried everything. If we saw someone walk by with something neat looking, "oh I'll have 1 of those." If we didn't like it, just order something else.

The downside of Cheers, for me...i get too full drinking drinks then I don't want to eat. And i love to eat. My family, we are foodies, my brother a professional chef.

DSC04305-vi.jpg

Mom's drink...

DSC04306-vi.jpg

Edited by Danacat222

Chair hogs! While we cooled off in the shade, we saw lots of chairs with towels, that front row there, a man was in and out of the pool, but the others were without butts in them for at least an hour. I'm not griping, we were enjoying our shade, drinks, and the aft view, and people watching.

DSC04310-vi.jpg

We were in and out of the sun, and decided we wanted a snack. I ran and grabbed a few desserts off the lunch buffet. Both were inedible.

DSC04313-vi.jpg

It was not long after and we changed seating to try and stake out a few loungers under some shade. This is when the fun began.

DSC04314-vi.jpg

A couple of the men started doing belly flops and cannon balls. At least 1 of the men was peeing in the pool, he was drinking one after the next and never getting out of the pool. His wife would bring him drink after drink all day. So security came, not to get the man from peeing in the pool, but to stop the rowdiness.

DSC04315-vi.jpg

So, the grown ups were causing a stir, and it was super hot, even in the shade. So we went to the cabin to what the conditions were on the balcony.

We see land, but where are we?

DSC04318-vi.jpg

DSC04328-vi.jpg

Cuba!

DSC04337-vi.jpg

DSC04335-vi.jpg

DSC04340-vi.jpg

Yes, because of the hurricane, we were heading towards Mexico, passing Cuba. I remember passing by when on Legend back in 2013.

After taking a gazillion photos, I think we had a short nap.

DSC04361-vi.jpg

DSC04363-vi.jpg

Edited by Danacat222

This was cruise elegant night in the dining room, so after our naps we took turns getting ready and then moseyed on down to dinner.

I forgot to take my camera and so Mom took some. She has since had cataract surgery on both eyes. She tried...that is Bobby on the left there. He was so wonderful.

DSC00175-vi.jpg

DSC00179-vi.jpg

Sadly, i cannot remember what these food stuffs are....

DSC00182-vi.jpg

DSC00183-vi.jpg

We both had Prime Rib.

DSC00188-vi.jpg

Dessert...some kind of chocolate something I guess...

DSC00192-vi.jpg

Creme Brulee

DSC00193-vi.jpg

After dinner, we went straight to the Alchemy Bar!

DSC00195-vi.jpg

Mom's cucumber sunrise and some officers who drank at Alchemy every night. And Parviz.

DSC00198-vi.jpg

I'm not sure, but i think we went to comedy after that, and it was not great. After that is was off to bed.

DSC04366-vi.jpg

DSC04392-vi.jpg

The next day we were up and ready for another fun day and R & R. We started with brunch, then toured the ship some.

DSC04394-vi.jpg

DSC04397-vi.jpg

View from the "secret deck" forward the ship.

DSC04400-vi.jpg

Mom :)

DSC04409-vi.jpg

Busy day at sea...

DSC04410-vi.jpg