Do Toddlers Get Sea Sick?

OnlyMe

Thanks a million for that! That's what I thought but now, with it being so close I was second guessing myself:o

I'm not sure anything can be given to a child under 2 though?? Are there any homeopathic remedies if he does get sick does anyone know? ... Not sure I could get him to take ginger though:o

Thanks!

Edited to ask if anyone has actually had anything prescribed for their toddler for seasickness and if so, what was it please?

Thanks!

Funny, I just spoke to my pediatrician about this last night as we leave in 1 week with my 2 year old. She said 99% chance he will not get sick as they wobble all day anyway! Found it kind of funny!

In any event, for us, she said to give him a small dose of childrens benedryl if he does get sick (no recommending that for anyone else's children, check with your Dr.)

Funny, I just spoke to my pediatrician about this last night as we leave in 1 week with my 2 year old. She said 99% chance he will not get sick as they wobble all day anyway! Found it kind of funny!

In any event, for us, she said to give him a small dose of childrens benedryl if he does get sick (no recommending that for anyone else's children, check with your Dr.)

Thanks for that! Literally just before I saw your reply I read on another forum that here in Europe, Piriton Syrup can be given to children over 12 months ... I googled it and it's available over the counter and is also an antihistamine (but with different active ingredients than benadryl) - I'll get some of that just in case but fingers croseed neither of us will need it for our little ones:)

I watched Mythbusters once where they did a test on sea sick remedies. Ginger was the best working. I would not worry about a young child on a ship unless they got car sick.

There are some people that just can not handle any motion. But you could pack some ginger candy if you are worried. That is natural, and is not sedating.

Thanks for all the replies!

He doesn't get car sick and I'm usually OK cruising but hubby gets pretty bad seasickness if seas are rough so I was just afraid he'd be like him.

I haven't seen crystalised ginger sticks here (Ireland) but I'll check the health food shop and see if they have anything ... and I'll hopefully be able to get the Piriton Syrup and take that with me too.

Thanks so much everyone for the reassurance ... and fingers crossed:)

Archived