Sir Bani Yas Island

mikejlfc

• 4 weeks later...

Was on MSC Fantasia 17th Dec and we called at Sir Bani Yas Island. The ship dropped anchor and passengers were tendered ashore. Everything was so well organised - the crew had gone ahead and set up the sun beds and umbrellas on the beach and had organised the buffet lunch. Food was provided free and if you had the all inclusive drinks package drinks were free also.

We did the Jeep Safari tour which was fantastic - saw so many different species of animals close up as we drove through the numerous sections and the scenery was stunning. Tours can only be arranged through the ship so advise booking early as places on all tours are limited. If you just want a relaxing time on a beach then there is a long stretch of beach for this. There is also kayaking in the mangroves, snorkelling, an island tour, horse riding and lots of entertainment for the children too.

Would not have missed going ashore - was probably the highlight of our cruise and was excellent value for money.

Good luck with your plans

Suzanne

Was on MSC Fantasia 17th Dec and we called at Sir Bani Yas Island. The ship dropped anchor and passengers were tendered ashore. Everything was so well organised - the crew had gone ahead and set up the sun beds and umbrellas on the beach and had organised the buffet lunch. Food was provided free and if you had the all inclusive drinks package drinks were free also.

We did the Jeep Safari tour which was fantastic - saw so many different species of animals close up as we drove through the numerous sections and the scenery was stunning. Tours can only be arranged through the ship so advise booking early as places on all tours are limited. If you just want a relaxing time on a beach then there is a long stretch of beach for this. There is also kayaking in the mangroves, snorkelling, an island tour, horse riding and lots of entertainment for the children too.

Would not have missed going ashore - was probably the highlight of our cruise and was excellent value for money.

Good luck with your plans

Suzanne

Many thanks for that. We'll definitely go ashore now. We're there any other highlights you would recommend from your various ports of call?

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We went to Sir Bani Yas last week. The first attempt at docking was aborted due to fog but the ship came back a couple of days later. I would suggest (if going by MSC) that you get your tender ticket early (if you book a tour of course all that is handled for you). We moseyed on down for a ticket at about 11am and didn't get on the tender til 2 hours later, by then it was impossible to get a sun lounger (there weren't enough for all the people from the ship). Next time we'll get our ticket and go back up to breakfast as you get an approx. time for the tender (you wait in the theatre to be called) Other tips - the beach is quite pebbly, if you are thinking of swimming I would use beach shoes unless you have rough old skin like mine. There are water sports on one side of the island (it is very narrow) and a family type beach on the other, relatively shallow for bathing and quite calm sea but a bit murky from the tenders coming back and forth (also too cold for me for swimming in December but it didn't stop the hardier folk). There is not much natural shade but some of the sun loungers have umbrellas. (oh and sun loungers are free) You don't need an excursion if you just want a beach day, I believe you have to pre book the water sports but there was some free places when we arrived on the shore. I can't comment on the excursions from the island but I think the nature/zoo one was well received. Sorry, this turned out into a bit of a blog!