Best things to do with 19 month old

Julienatul

Hi all,

We are sailing on the Carnival Victory next month with our 19 month-old. This will be her 3rd cruise. However, this is the first one she will be walking/running on. What are some ideas of things to do with her on board?

Any good toy ideas to bring along?

on the last cruise at a year we brought the blow-up pool so we will do that again. Any other ideas to keep her entertained so I dont spend my entire vacation chasing after her on deck?:D

Julie

Dance, dance, dance! My toddlers LOVE going to where the music is and dance up a storm. On deck during the day, in one of the lounges right before and right after dinner (there's usually live music and very few people at those times), or in the disco before people are there (they love to chase the lights).

Toy-wise, I brought the little drawing toys that come with the wand attached (I think they're called "doodle-pros". They come in small sizes (we have Dora) and are perfect for the dinner table.

I bring a little hamper that folds flat for the suitcase, then I keep it in the cabin to have a place to throw all the toys, since I bring so many little things + blow up toys for the cabin and for meals.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

Take her to Build A Buddy at Camp Carnival. They have a day where you can do it as a family. For $19.99 you build a bear, then get a camp carnival t-shirt for the bear. Of course they tell the story of the bear and ask the child to make a wish (or just pick a star and kiss it) before they put it in the bear.

My kids did it twice and got kittens and bears.

I'll be on the Victory May 13th as well. I will have 3 children with me (aged 14months - 8yrs). This will be our first cruise ever. Dancing with my kids is something I am looking forward to doing. My plan is to get some rubber/plastic animals for the dollar store. I'm thinking that my little guy will love playing with them in the small inflatable pool I plan to bring. I'm looking for a 'Cheerios' book. They are the board-books (thick pages) with spots to fill with cheerios or raisins. I think he will like that.

Thanks,

those are some great ideas!!!! Im glad to see there will be other's aboard with little ones. It was so easy with her the first few times we sailed but now she has a mind of her own and we are starting the terrible twos already with little tantrums and protests:rolleyes: Hopefully she will behave well. I wish Carnival did playgroups like RCCL for under 2's. I hear now they are offering a bit more through camp carnival so we will have to check it out.

Julie

Archived