Adventure of the Seas Cruise Compass - St Thomas/Curacao/Aruba/St Kitts

Prior to cruising on Adventure of the Seas last month, I was doing my best to find a recent cruise compass from our itinerary, but was having no luck finding one that matched our itinerary. Because of this, I made sure to pick up an extra cruise compass everyday with the sole reason of keeping it to upload to help others out. Our itinerary was:

Day 1 - San Juan

Day 2 - St. Thomas

Day 3 - Sea Day

Day 4 - Curacao

Day 5 - Aruba

Day 6 - Sea Day

Day 7 - St. Kitts

Happy Cruising everyone!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6oJE-qqQH1yYVhRRk5HRWRLcjQ/view?usp=sharing

Awesome! Going on this itinerary next May. Thanks! What was your favorite port?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Forums mobile app

Curacao was lovely, but the Grand Tour of St Kitts given by Thenford Grey made that island our favorite. His tour was amazing. Standing at the spot where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea while petting monkees is an unforgettable memory. This particular 6 hour tour was only $55 per person and worth every penny. You can check out this and his other tours at http://www.thenfordgreytours.com

Awesome! Going on this itinerary next May. Thanks! What was your favorite port?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Forums mobile app

I was traveling with my wife (26yo), in-laws (~55yo), sister-in-law (29yo) and her boyfriend (34yo), so keep that in mind as I tell you about the excursions we did.

St Thomas, USVI – We chartered a snorkeling and sailing trip with Simplicity Charters. This was our favorite excursion of the whole trip. Ray and Al were our guides (Charlie the normal Capt. was out working with the US Team in the Americas Cup) and treated us with one of the best days we have ever had on a vacation. We went to two beautiful snorkeling locations and had some amazing BBQ chicken for lunch in between stops. I won’t bore you with all the details, but I highly recommend at least looking into them for your time there. One of the reason we chose them is they only sail with a maximum of 6 passengers, so it worked perfectly for our group. Total cost: $150pp + tips

Willemstad, Curacao – We chose to do the “All West Beach Hopping Tour” by Irie tours in Curacao. The guides were very easy to meet up with, as they are right outside of the pier. We met up with them about 30 min before the tour started, so they gave us small, orange circle stickers to wear so that no other tour operators would hassle us while we walked around the port area waiting for our tour to start. Once the tour began, we made a short detour to pick up the hotel guests, and then began our tour of the island. The first beach was approximately a 40-minute drive away, but once there we were able to spend 90 minutes at the beach. There was a small bar/restaurant there to eat lunch at, but be warned the prices are very high there. After the first beach, we went to a couple of other spots to give people the opportunity to swim with sea turtles. The next stop is Playa Forti where you get the opportunity to jump off a 30’ cliff. Everyone under the age of 35 on our tour jumped off, but the older people chose to just watch. After that, we were off to another beach that is the most photographed beach on the island. All of the beaches we visited were gorgeous and have fantastic snorkeling. If you like snorkeling with a little adventure, then definitely check out this tour. Total cost: $65pp + tips.

Oranjestad, Aruba – My wife had heard about the Natural Pools in Aruba and really wanted us to go and visit them. We looked at taking a guided tour there, but the costs seemed too high for us. Instead, we chose to rent a couple of jeeps and drive out to them ourselves. We used Royal Jeep rental who were good, but not great. The jeeps were a few years old and had several dents in them (which was nice since we knew we would be doing some off-roading). You can find directions online to drive to the pools, but we simply used Google Maps. Google took us to a small ranch where we parked and then hiked along the shore for about 30 minutes to get to the pools. There is a route that lets you drive all the way to the pools to avoid hiking, but we chose to take the easy route of following google. After the pools, we took the rest of the day to drive around the island before finally stopping at Arashi Beach to relax for the afternoon. Total cost: $125/jeep

Basseterre, St. Kitts – This was the one excursion we made a mistake of taking. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend love hiking and have been training to hike Machu Picchu in October. They really wanted to do the volcano hike tour by Island Paradise Tours, so the rest of us agreed. Overall, we are a fit group; my father-in-law does half marathons, mother-in-law full marathons, my wife and I have hiked two other volcanoes, so we all felt confident we could do this hike. We were wrong. There was a total of 20 people on the tour, and only 8 made it to the top; two of them being my sister-in-law and her bf. Some people didn’t make it from being in poor shape, while others failed due to injuries (FIL) and dehydration (wife). The tour guides provide you with one, 12oz bottle of water for the 6-mile rainforest hike. It was far from enough and seemed dangerous. Those who did complete the hike though said that it was very beautiful at the top and seemed to have a good time. Total Cost: $75pp + tips

Feel free to ask any follow up questions. Enjoy your cruise!

Following as I'd like to see these Compasses as well.

Thanks for the information about the Irie Tour. That's on our short list for consideration, along with snorkeling at the tug boat followed by Fort Beekenburg. I keep vacillating between those two options!

Curacao was lovely, but the Grand Tour of St Kitts given by Thenford Grey made that island our favorite. His tour was amazing. Standing at the spot where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea while petting monkees is an unforgettable memory. This particular 6 hour tour was only $55 per person and worth every penny. You can check out this and his other tours at www.thenfordgreytours.com

I have this scheduled for our July 1 cruise on Adventure and I can't wait! I hope we get to meet Thenford! So glad to hear of your experience. 😊

• 3 weeks later...
I have this scheduled for our July 1 cruise on Adventure and I can't wait! I hope we get to meet Thenford! So glad to hear of your experience. 😊

Hope you enjoyed your cruise, the ship and the St. Kitts tour. Did you meet Thenford? He actually brought us mangos from his garden. Because we are not allowed to bring them on the ship, we had a mango eating party on the bus while he sang. What a guy!

Curacao was lovely, but the Grand Tour of St Kitts given by Thenford Grey made that island our favorite. His tour was amazing. Standing at the spot where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea while petting monkees is an unforgettable memory. This particular 6 hour tour was only $55 per person and worth every penny. You can check out this and his other tours at www.thenfordgreytours.com

Mr.Grey is amazing. We were fortunate to do a tour with him a few years back. Our 3 teenage sons loved it as did we me. He is such a class gentleman. We are visiting St. Kitts next week and are opting for a beach day at the Marriott. I hope we do not regret not touring with Mr.Grey again.

• 1 month later...
Prior to cruising on Adventure of the Seas last month, I was doing my best to find a recent cruise compass from our itinerary, but was having no luck finding one that matched our itinerary. Because of this, I made sure to pick up an extra cruise compass everyday with the sole reason of keeping it to upload to help others out. Our itinerary was:

Day 1 - San Juan

Day 2 - St. Thomas

Day 3 - Sea Day

Day 4 - Curacao

Day 5 - Aruba

Day 6 - Sea Day

Day 7 - St. Kitts

Happy Cruising everyone!

Thank you for posting this in pdf form.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Day 1 - San Juan

Day 2 - St. Thomas

Day 3 - Sea Day

Day 4 - Curacao

Day 5 - Aruba

Day 6 - Sea Day

Day 7 - St. Kitts

Happy Cruising everyone!

Thank You for posting the compasses.