Caribbean Princess--help needed

rich144

I realize that the Caribbean Princess just left on its maiden voyage today however I'm appealing to anyone who will be cruising on her soon. We reserved a BC Balcony cabin for three and I'm being told that the two twin beds are not convertible to a queen size bed. This makes no sense. I know that on some of the older ships this might have been the case--however this is a brand new ship and I can't imagine that all cabins don't convert beds. If anyone can check on this issue while they are on board I'd be very thankful.

That happens sometimes and is a mistake. What is your cabin number?

7 Days on The Star Princess OCTOBER,24,2004

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=10>
<param name="day" value=24>
<param name="hour" value=05>
</applet>

In a quad they cannot move beds together for safety reasons. In a triple they can move the twins to the side and have the third on the other side. But the one up top will have to come down on your bed to get off.

7 Days on The Star Princess OCTOBER,24,2004

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=10>
<param name="day" value=24>
<param name="hour" value=05>
</applet>

We have a BC balcony for next week and on the cruise personalizer it said non-converting twins when we first booked. I called Princess and they said no problem. I then checked cruise personalizer again and it then stated queen.

Caribbean Princess 4-10
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;4;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Cabin number is A504--I called Princess today and the lady told me that all the cabins in BC show that the two lower beds don't convert---I just don't believe that--that's why I'm appealing to anyone who will be cruising on her soon---thanks so much for your help

We have a BB cabin with "non-converting" twin. We were told by Princess that they MUST write this because when there is an upper birth it is a safety issue to place the beds together. However, they also said that stewards are allowed to push the beds together on request as the discretion of the ship's 'hotel' manager. I am waiting until we board to see what happens.

We sailed on the Star Princess for Christmas 2002 in a quad cabin, and we were able to push the beds together.

Lisa

Caribbean Princess 08/21/2004
Carnival Ecstasy January 2004
Carnival Ecstasy April 2003
Star Princess (Mexican Riviera) Christmas 2002
Royal Caribbean January 2000
NCL Windstar(Alaska) August 1995

We had the same problem. My TA was told by Princess that it is a computer glitch that shows the beds as non-convertible. I checked again after she made the phone call and the beds were listed as Queen.

Archived