Live from Vantage River Splender

Hi we are on this ship for 27 days , the ship looks great Vantage did a great job designing it every details was thought of . Today we are in Belgrade -Serbia we have a city tour and some time on our own ..It is going to be in the high 70es great for me shorts .. if you have a questions ask ...

Hi there,

Glad to see you are safely on your ship and seem to like it. Read on the key thread about getting the head set transmitters. Are these head sets working well?

And thanks for posting while you are cruising. I haven't been able to manage that on any of our cruises........

-Rose

We are in Kalocsa Hungray today weather is Raining and in the high 50s The transmitters work great the front desk charges them every night . Vantage has local entertainment on the ship in the evenings which is very good Tours are included with Vantage every day, Today we are going on a city tour to Puszta visiting Kalocsa ,Paprika Museum ,Folk art House and than to a horse show . The tours are very well planned from start to finish, with plenty of shopping time .

Edited by we're sailing away....

... Today we are going on a city tour to Puszta visiting Kalocsa ' date='Paprika Museum ,Folk art House and than to a horse show ...[/quote']

Is horse show an included or an optional tour? If optional how much is it?

The show was included ,Almost all tours are included in the price of the cruise . Last night was the captains farewell dinner which was very nice , about 140 people are leaving on Tues. who only did the The first leg Romania to Budapest 12 days , ( not us we are on for 27 days } The captain sailed us up and down the river last night showing us how beautiful Budapest is at night. Today it is in the high 60s

Edited by we're sailing away....

I board the River Splendor on November 12th in Cologne upon your arrival. Any suggestions for which of the tours to pick (during those stops where I have a choice) will be appreciated. Also, please let me know if you do any of the optional tours during the Budapest to Cologne portion of your trip.

Have you had any meals in the alternate dining area? If yes, what do you think?

I booked my own plane fare but Vantage is meeting me in Frankfort and transporting me to the boat in Cologne. I arrive in Frankfort at 7:40 am so I assume I will have the day on my own in Cologne.

I have not yet booked my transportation to the airport in Budapest. I hope to meet one or two people on board to split a cab.

I board the River Splendor on November 12th in Cologne upon your arrival. Any suggestions for which of the tours to pick (during those stops where I have a choice) will be appreciated. Also, please let me know if you do any of the optional tours during the Budapest to Cologne portion of your trip.

I booked my own plane fare but Vantage is meeting me in Frankfort and transporting me to the boat in Cologne. I arrive in Frankfort at 7:40 am so I assume I will have the day on my own in Cologne.

I have not yet booked my transportation to the airport in Budapest. I hope to meet one or two people on board to split a cab.

Hi The extra dining room holds 40 people and is a Buffet of a few things plus salad The tours are all great ,It is up to your particular choice.. I try to save you a cookie or two ..

To iuscottdd - couldn't find a way to message you directly so sorry to impede on this post. We will be on the 11/12/13 Majestic Rivers cruise also and also booked our own airfare. We will be taking a cab to the Budapest airport from the ship and will share it with you if there is room. Not sure how big Budapest cabs are and if they will hold 3-4 ppl plus suitcases and carry-ons. Let's talk onboard!

BJ and Bob from NH

Edited by Indigobeej

To iuscottdd - couldn't find a way to message you directly so sorry to impede on this post. We will be on the 11/12/13 Majestic Rivers cruise also and also booked our own airfare. We will be taking a cab to the Budapest airport from the ship and will share it with you if there is room. Not sure how big Budapest cabs are and if they will hold 3-4 ppl plus suitcases and carry-ons. Let's talk onboard!

BJ and Bob from NH

To iuscottdd - PS - Forgot to mention - we're in Cabin 219, so knock on our door some evening, if we don't run into you some other time on the cruise. What's your name and cabin?

BJ and Bob from NH

Nice to meet you BJ and Bob. I'm right across the hall in cabin 218. I'm traveling alone.

It was a bit of an impulse buy for me. I was sitting at my desk with my son who was visiting from Colorado Springs when I received a postcard from Vantage in my mail listing a promotion that the company was waiving the single supplement for a regular cabin. The cost of the regular cabin was less than the smaller single cabin. So I called and booked.

Feel free to knock on my door too.

Scott (Florida)

I booked Palm Beach to Atlanta then to Frankfort. My return flight is Budapest to Amsterdam to Atlanta and back to Palm Beach. I had planned on getting my own transportation from Frankfort to Cologne but due to the distance it was much easier to take Vantage's transfer. Vantage told me that there will be other River Splendor passengers on my flight from Atlanta to Frankfort that arrives at 7:40 am. I'm assuming I'll have most of the day on my own in Cologne.

I contacted a cab company in Budapest and found that I could take a cab on my own from the boat to the airport in Budapest for less than Vantage was charging for the transfer.

Nice to meet you BJ and Bob. I'm right across the hall in cabin 218. I'm traveling alone.

It was a bit of an impulse buy for me. I was sitting at my desk with my son who was visiting from Colorado Springs when I received a postcard from Vantage in my mail listing a promotion that the company was waiving the single supplement for a regular cabin. The cost of the regular cabin was less than the smaller single cabin. So I called and booked.

Feel free to knock on my door too.

Scott (Florida)

That's really funny that you're right across the hall! We got a good deal too - $1999. each plus our airfare. So if there is only one of you, we probably can share a cab in Budapest. See you in a week,

BJ & Bob