Spring break dates

Sunsetters

HELP!! we are cruising April 5-12 out of Miami, will spring break in the USA be over during this week?

I'm sure you're probably more worried about spring break from colleges..can't help you there. I work in an elementary school in NY and our spring break is April 11-21st, to coincide with Easter. I assume that will be the case for most K-12 schools, but I'm not sure about colleges..I think my spring break in college was in March..

Just check the cruise price. If you see the price drops significantly (as much as 50%) for your week, the spring break is over. Yes, Carnival knows the date. (Planning spring break cruise now:mad:)

Generally, spring break time in the south is March, other areas, into mid-April. We always cruise in May. After spring break and before school is out. Prices are usually lower, also. That said, Carnival is a family line, and even with school in session, there are many children on board. I can honestly say that I've never even noticed them or any problems, annoyances. Carnival normally announces how many children are on board and I am always surprised. I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise!

Colleges will be done for the most part except for maybe a few. But the majority will be over

High schools and below will in the vast majority of cases have the week before Easter April 20 or the week after Easter off.

Of course parents of young kids like 8 and under and those home schoolers will travel as they please and will look for the best week and price. Which of course may coincide with your week

Edited by Crusin6

That's our state's public schools spring break week. We'll be cruising too. But, spring breaks are spread throughout March and April. I noticed that this was not one of the most expensive spring weeks when we booked, so I'm thinking it's not a peak week for spring breaks. It's between the March breaks and the Easter week breaks. If you're just worried about college kids, their breaks are usually from the end of Feb to the end of March.

Live in Florida... my ds college spring break is the first week of March;

grandkids go to middle school their is the week after...:confused:

So cruising during ds spring break...

OH. NO. I really hope we don't have a lot of college kids on the Dream the first week in March. :rolleyes:

OH. NO. I really hope we don't have a lot of college kids on the Dream the first week in March. :rolleyes:

Oh Yes.... that is why we decided to cruise out of San Juan... even with the air fare it was only $50.00 p/p to do a southern.. :D