NCL Wedding Photography - How to split it?

We're about three weeks out from our wedding on the NCL Escape and have paid for 5 hours of photography time. They ask us how we want it split out, and I'm feeling like they should be the ones telling us how we should do it. I'm sure they have a cookie cutter template for all the poses and locations to take pictures, how long it takes to perform each set, and what ports and time of day makes sense to do it. But it seems we have to be the ones requesting what we want.

With that in mind, I'm curious what other people have done in similar circumstances? Since this is an at-sea Bahamas wedding (not at port) I know we want:

1. Entire ceremony with our dances covered (one hour)

2. Photos after the ceremony in various locations around the ship (one hour)

3. Photos during sunset in various locations around the ship (one hour)

4. Use the remaining 2 hours between St. Thomas and Nassau at port if possible.

We're actually on a 14 day back to back cruise also hitting Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras.. but since those are the tail end of the trip, NCL doesn't want to do those so we have time to go through the pictures and pick out the ones we want. I have no idea which ports would make for the best pics.. Anyone have any suggestions?

I should note that I purchased a nice DSLR camera, lenses and tripod so we can take our own photos without needing the cruise photographer as well.

I'm curious about this too, as we are doing an at sea wedding with Norwegian as well. We are going with the 3 hours and I was hoping to have the ceremony, couple photos around the ship, reception, and parts of dinner done. I find it odd that we need to decide the details too!

I'm wondering how you have found the planning process for the wedding with Norwegian so far? I'm getting overwhelmed with all the little details!

I'm curious about this too, as we are doing an at sea wedding with Norwegian as well. We are going with the 3 hours and I was hoping to have the ceremony, couple photos around the ship, reception, and parts of dinner done. I find it odd that we need to decide the details too!

I'm wondering how you have found the planning process for the wedding with Norwegian so far? I'm getting overwhelmed with all the little details!

Samarific,

It's funny you ask. I'm going to make a post shortly with all of the information I wish I could have found myself. The process if it was explained to me properly would have been MUCH less daunting and stressful. Unfortunately, there were plenty of communication issues the entire way which made us confused, stressed, scared, etc.. but after going through all of it, now having all the paperwork completed and approved, I can honestly say it isn't so bad if you're made aware from the very beginning what to expect. I'm going to write the post now, the title will be "What to expect with an NCL coordinated wedding".

-Keith

• 4 weeks later...

This is probably too late to help you, but we didn't indicate how we wanted to split the photography ahead of time since we had no clue. As soon as we got on the ship the photographer asked to meet with us and proposed a few ideas for splitting the four hour package based on our itinerary. We ended up doing a studio session with the parents on Tuesday, wedding and reception on Thursday and a few more bride & groom shots on Saturday in Glacier Bay. Even if you send in a tentative plan, I would definitely chat with your photographer once you're on board since he/she will know your ports well and be able to recommend the best locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums