Dessert souffle w/warm vanilla sauce

8 Bells

I had this for dessert one evening on our last cruise and it was to die for! Does anyone have the recipe for this wonderful souffle? It had a slight lemon flavor and the waiter served it with a warm vanilla sauce. Yummy!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide the recipe! :)

The one dessert my daughter LOVED was the Expresso Souffle with the vanilla sauce. Even the night she didn't want to eat in the dining room when we saw that on the menu, we called her in the teen center and she ran down in minutes.

Don't think that would have a lemon taste but have heard many people rave about their dessert souffles

I have the Princess cookbook, and I think that recipe is in there, I seem to recall something about warm vanilla sauce -- but I don't have the book here with me on travel. If you can wait for three days, I'll be home then and can look for you -- if it's in there, I'll post the recipe for you in this thread, if someone hasn't already.

Mine too. Somehow I missed out on them last year when we were on the CB but this year I'm going to be sure to get one. I love chocolate souffles. When we went to the dining room they didn't have souffles on the menu.

You might be thinking of the passion fruit souffle or the Grand Marnier souffle (which has an orange flavor) both of which are served on the longer cruises (10 to 14 days). They are all fantastic.:D

Those souffles are to die for............I cannot wait for November and the souffle deserts......Kruisey:) :D

I had this for dessert one evening on our last cruise and it was to die for! Does anyone have the recipe for this wonderful souffle? It had a slight lemon flavor and the waiter served it with a warm vanilla sauce. Yummy!

The Princess cookbook has the recipe for the Vanilla Cognac Souffle with Warm Gran Marnier Sauce would you like that recipe ??

Lenore

Vanilla Cognac Souffle

Serves 8

1 Cup Flour

½ cup sugar

1/4 cup Corn Starch

1/4 teaspoon salt

½ cup butter

10 egg yolks

2 vanilla beans

5 cups milk

1/4 cup cognac

10 egg whites

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 8 4 inch oven proof souffle dishes. Butter the bottom and insides of the dishes well. Coat the buttered surface with sugar.

Cream the flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt, butter and egg yolks together gently without incorporating too much air. Meanwhile split and scoop out the vanilla bean, add to the milk and bring just to a boil. Slowly add the hot milk into the egg mixture until it is well combined. Return the mixture to a moderate heat and continue to cook until well thickened, do not boil the custard or it will curdle. Remove from the heat, strain and cool. Stir the cognac into the mixture. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Gently fold the egg whites into the mixture. Fill the souffle cups to ½ inch from the top. Place the souffles in the oven and bake approximately 25 minutes until the souffles have doubled in size, browned and firmed slightly. Disturb the souffles as little as possible while baking, especially in the first 15 minutes.

Grand Marnier Sauce

½ cup sugar

6 egg yolks

2 ½ cups milk

1/4 cup grand Marnier

1/8 cup cognac

Prepare the sauce by creaming the sugar and egg yolks together. Bring the milk to a boil and slowly add the hot milk into the egg mixture. Add the Grand Marnier and cognac. Return to moderate heat and cook approximately 10 minutes until it thickens enough to coat a spoon well. Do not allow the sauce to boil.

The souffle has to be served immediately once cooked. Dust the souffles with the confectioner’s sugar and serve warm with the warm sauce on the side. When eating with the sauce, split the top of a souffle and pour a little directly into the center.

This recipe can be used as a base to add different liquers, flavors, nuts, chocolate etc.

Lenore

Vanilla Cognac Souffle

Serves 8

1 Cup Flour

½ cup sugar

1/4 cup Corn Starch

1/4 teaspoon salt

½ cup butter

10 egg yolks

2 vanilla beans

5 cups milk

1/4 cup cognac

10 egg whites

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 8 4 inch oven proof souffle dishes. Butter the bottom and insides of the dishes well. Coat the buttered surface with sugar.

Cream the flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt, butter and egg yolks together gently without incorporating too much air. Meanwhile split and scoop out the vanilla bean, add to the milk and bring just to a boil. Slowly add the hot milk into the egg mixture until it is well combined. Return the mixture to a moderate heat and continue to cook until well thickened, do not boil the custard or it will curdle. Remove from the heat, strain and cool. Stir the cognac into the mixture. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Gently fold the egg whites into the mixture. Fill the souffle cups to ½ inch from the top. Place the souffles in the oven and bake approximately 25 minutes until the souffles have doubled in size, browned and firmed slightly. Disturb the souffles as little as possible while baking, especially in the first 15 minutes.

Grand Marnier Sauce

½ cup sugar

6 egg yolks

2 ½ cups milk

1/4 cup grand Marnier

1/8 cup cognac

Prepare the sauce by creaming the sugar and egg yolks together. Bring the milk to a boil and slowly add the hot milk into the egg mixture. Add the Grand Marnier and cognac. Return to moderate heat and cook approximately 10 minutes until it thickens enough to coat a spoon well. Do not allow the sauce to boil.

The souffle has to be served immediately once cooked. Dust the souffles with the confectioner’s sugar and serve warm with the warm sauce on the side. When eating with the sauce, split the top of a souffle and pour a little directly into the center.

This recipe can be used as a base to add different liquers, flavors, nuts, chocolate etc.

Lenore

Thanks so much for posting the recipe! I've never made a souffle, but am going to try it this weekend.

My mouth is watering just thinking about how good the one was that we had on the cruise. Thanks again! :)

If you want yur souffle to be superb--ask the waiter to please leave it in the souffle dish and just make a hole in the top for the sauce--that way it stays nice and warm--there was a time that they were concerned about leaving it in the hot container--now--all is well--they're willing to leave it in and pour the sauced in the hole they make on top

Unfortunately when they remove it and put it on a plate it cools off immediately--so much better if all is HOT

Safe Travels:D

Nancy:D

You made my mouth water. Ah, the souffles. I waited two years in between cruises to have a Princess souffle and they did not disappoint, even with the new menus. The portion size was smaller (which was fine) but the taste was oh so yummy. Since we were on the CB for two weeks I got to have them 4 times, enough to tide me over until my next cruise where I hope to partake of them again. Thank you for the trip down memory lane. ;)

If you want yur souffle to be superb--ask the waiter to please leave it in the souffle dish and just make a hole in the top for the sauce--that way it stays nice and warm--there was a time that they were concerned about leaving it in the hot container--now--all is well--they're willing to leave it in and pour the sauced in the hole they make on top

Unfortunately when they remove it and put it on a plate it cools off immediately--so much better if all is HOT

Safe Travels:D

Nancy:D

Interestingly, on the Emerald this year all of our various anytime waiters did exactly as you suggested. We asked them to leave the sauceboat with us for top ups, which was never a problem, other than our over-indulging on the wonderful sauce. Worked really well.

Thanks so much for posting the recipe! I've never made a souffle, but am going to try it this weekend.

My mouth is watering just thinking about how good the one was that we had on the cruise. Thanks again! :)

YOUR WELCOME GOOD LUCK!!!

Archived