FTTF, anyone else have mixed feelings?

carrieluvsgreg

First, my intention is not to "rile" anyone up... We recently reached Platinum status, not that we didn't thoroughly enjoy every step of the way, but it was a process! I feel a bit cheated that others can "buy" their way on the ship for the same priority perks that we've invested 10 years into receiving. On our last trip, we were nearly trampled by FTTF participants. I totally understand why people would pay for the perks, just a bit irritated that the cruise line offers these perks for a price... :(

First, my intention is not to "rile" anyone up... We recently reached Platinum status, not that we didn't thoroughly enjoy every step of the way, but it was a process! I feel a bit cheated that others can "buy" their way on the ship for the same priority perks that we've invested 10 years into receiving. On our last trip, we were nearly trampled by FTTF participants. I totally understand why people would pay for the perks, just a bit irritated that the cruise line offers these perks for a price... :(
It is kinda' dumb on CCL's part!.. Just a way to make more $$$.. Not thinking about their Platinum guests..

I totally agree with your thinking..! I always wanted the 'silver' card, but there is no reason for me to 'look forward to it' now..:(

There are SO many threads on this already...

FTTF does not include the laundry perk, slot BOGO, and whatever else.

Personally, I'm happy to be able to afford a cruise vacation. Many folks are not as fortunate.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

...really? I said I wasn't intending to rile anyone up and your response is that you're irritated with my post? You could've kept scrolling...

Would I pay for FTTF? Perhaps. Like I said, I understand why people buy it. However, now that I'm platinum, I see the frustration of feeling cheated because we invested time and lots of money for the benefit. If you earned a promotion to a new office at work, would you appreciate someone else being able to buy the office beside yours? Or a premier parking spot or any other perk that took time and effort on your part.

As someone who is a long way from platinum, and bought fttf for my upcoming cruise (don't hate the player, hate the game!), I understand your frustration, and agree that platinum benefits should offer amenities that are unique to platinum. You deserve to feel special on your cruise.

I totally understand your frustration but considering we can buy the perks at a cost we will. Maybe it's not fair to you but it creates revenue for Carnival. If there are enough Platinum members on board then no FTTF will be offered. Like the previous poster asked, can you honesty say you wouldn't have purchased it prior to earning it given the chance.

From someone who has seen both sides of the coin. I am now Platinum but I have used FTTF and in no way to I feel cheated. As Platinum I get on prior to FTTF and also get more perks. I also get to go to room faster and get my luggage quicker since they brought on FTTF. They did not offer these before. I now do not have to pay to get through the line a little faster. I do not see where people have such a problem with this program. It takes nothing away from being Platinum so get over it.

Let's see, you get on before the FTTF group so unless you walk really slow and the FTTF people sprinted I don't see how you could get trampled :) Heck, before FTTF you would have been trampled by that pesky first boarding group that went on after you .

Those that purchase it don't get a t-shirt that says haha I paid for FTTF and you didn't. At least I didn't see where they sold it, so there might be one.

I am really upset now that I would have to pay for FTTF to get the perks but I don't get laundry or BOGO slots....not fair

I guess you are also upset that those silly people who get suites get to board early too...dang them. Wait! They board the suites after you go....they must have trampled you on the way on the ship, sorry about that it might have been me.

...really? I said I wasn't intending to rile anyone up and your response is that you're irritated with my post? You could've kept scrolling...

Would I pay for FTTF? Perhaps. Like I said, I understand why people buy it. However, now that I'm platinum, I see the frustration of feeling cheated because we invested time and lots of money for the benefit. If you earned a promotion to a new office at work, would you appreciate someone else being able to buy the office beside yours? Or a premier parking spot or any other perk that took time and effort on your part.

...and for your time and money, you have wonderful vacation memories as well :)

The perks on Carnival are not the greatest to feel "cheated" out of anyway, IMO.

As a direct result of FTTF, Plats now enjoy early luggage delivery, so there is a benefit there.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

You got the perks and dont have to pay.

Wouldn't the people who have FTTF that practically run people over to get onboard do the same thing if they were platinum? I bought FTTF and have no plans to run people over. I can wait my turn just like everyone else. I also don't tended to have my s&s card out unless I'm actively using it so you probably wouldn't be able to tell if I were platinum or not unless you were right on top of me!

I understand your frustration.. I would like to earn some of the perks but not everyone can get or even make it to platinum status. If any come available for our uocoming cruise I am purchasing it due to what happened on our last cruise during embarkation... to each their own I guess.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

It would not bother me if I was way up there. But I am not even close. I will get on the ship eventually with everyone else. Shoot by the time I would get on my room would be ready to drop my stuff off at my room. I am grateful to be on a vacation when I can.

Let's see, you get on before the FTTF group so unless you walk really slow and the FTTF people sprinted I don't see how you could get trampled :) Heck, before FTTF you would have been trampled by that pesky first boarding group that went on after you .

Those that purchase it don't get a t-shirt that says haha I paid for FTTF and you didn't. At least I didn't see where they sold it, so there might be one.

I am really upset now that I would have to pay for FTTF to get the perks but I don't get laundry or BOGO slots....not fair

I guess you are also upset that those silly people who get suites get to board early too...dang them. Wait! They board the suites after you go....they must have trampled you on the way on the ship, sorry about that it might have been me.

That certainly was NOT the case on either of our Breeze cruises - which are our only Carnival experiences with FTTF.

FTTF folks were waiting in the VIP lounge with the Platinum and Diamond guests and MANY boarded before us. Some pushing their way past us and a couple who were Diamond whooping it up about how great FTTF was! :eek: :(

So I do understand the OP's frustration with the "game" as it was referred to in a previous post! :cool:

I'm new here but sure have noticed this topic pop up repeatedly. I'm not paying for priority boarding because that comes with the suites. I'm paying to get to the rooms asap. I saw no one trampling anyone last year. I saw very polite orderly people in both lines. I however did meet someone at diner that had to tell us a bazillion times they were platinum. Not sure why.

I expect nothing but good memories when I reach platinum. I dont care about the priority or status. I think it is far easier to roll with life's changes than worry over sour grapes.

Edited by grumplin

That certainly was NOT the case on either of our Breeze cruises - which are our only Carnival experiences with FTTF.

FTTF folks were waiting in the VIP lounge with the Platinum and Diamond guests and MANY boarded before us. Some pushing their way past us and a couple who were Diamond whooping it up about how great FTTF was! :eek: :(

So I do understand the OP's frustration with the "game" as it was referred to in a previous post! :cool:

They told us we were eligible to go to the VIP lounge right off, then the next person said no. We didn't really want to sit in there but DH was thirsty but I wouldn't let him go in there until we had clarification. About that time they started to board (Miami) and FTTF and Platinum boarded together. In fact we were some of the first ones just out of dumb luck we were sat near the escalator.

What is wrong with a diamond enjoying and celebrating they love FTTF? I don't get the problem with that.

We'll never be platinum but due to health issue I cannot roll around luggage and I need to be able to lay down when I need to lay down so we pay the 50.00 so I can do that.

They told us we were eligible to go to the VIP lounge right off, then the next person said no. We didn't really want to sit in there but DH was thirsty but I wouldn't let him go in there until we had clarification. About that time they started to board (Miami) and FTTF and Platinum boarded together. In fact we were some of the first ones just out of dumb luck we were sat near the escalator.

What is wrong with a diamond enjoying and celebrating they love FTTF? I don't get the problem with that.

We'll never be platinum but due to health issue I cannot roll around luggage and I need to be able to lay down when I need to lay down so we pay the 50.00 so I can do that.

Umm...that's not what I said. :rolleyes:

What I said was that FTTF guests pushed past Platinum and Diamond guests (to board sooner) "celebrating" that they were FTTF and how great it was....

My only point in posting at all was to clarify that often the FTTF board with or before the Platinum and Diamond guests - that's all.

and some of us feel "cheated" because Carnival changed the rules. Instead of 10 cruises, it's now 75 cruise days to earn platinum status.

so of course I am a fan of FTTF..........and platinum members benefit from the program as well, before FTTF was introduced, there was no early cabin entry.

On my last cruise, Platinum members boarded first, then FTTF, then the hoard........if FTTF people board before Platinum/Diamond, that's on Carnival, they control the crowds. And then there's the factor of who arrives at the port first......

Edited by LibratPDX