My Dream Review...and I took LOTS of pics!

bluejay555

In this picture, see that ladder going down into the water? Um, yeah, that ladder is only attached at the top. I got a beer with my free drink ticket and decided to climb down that ladder into the water. Well I was only holding on with one hand, and walking in facing the water (I made several mistakes lol). The ladder whooshed in when I stepped on it and I went flying off the side, crashed into the wooden seat beside it, and then bounced into the water. Not one of my finer moments :cool: There were two ladies in front of me who I completely splashed and they came running over to pick me up out of the water and look me over. Turns out they were nurses, and very sweet, and were so concerned (and I was impressed they didn't crack up at whole commotion). I was bleeding a little, but that was no biggie. You should see my black and blue hip! And I still have a big lump on my forearm. I was hurting! But the biggest tragedy was my free beer had sank to the bottom of the water. Boo! So I trudged back up the crazy ladder and tried to use my second free drink coupon for another beer. The bartender asked why I was back so soon and when I told him what happened he refused to take my ticket, but insisted I just take the replacement beer. I wish I would have asked him his name, because he was really good to us all day long.

SO yeah, here's the ladder of doom...

2015-24-6--08-48-58.jpeg_zpscxr29aus.png

O NO! That be would something my clumsy butt would do too! Glad the bartender didn't make you use your second ticket

We docked at Puerta Maya and could see that another pier is being built.

2015-29-6--15-57-20.jpeg_zps6xcgvxa1.png

we got off the ship as soon as we were allowed. We wanted every possible moment at Nachi Cocom!

2015-29-6--15-57-41.jpeg_zpsfwd8qycm.png

There was a dog sniffing every single bag looking for illegal food. I've never seen this before. I've seen the dogs but they've never been stopping everyone, and I always thought they were drug dogs, not food dogs!

2015-29-6--15-58-02.jpeg_zps9amm8ivj.png

When you say illegal food, do you mean food taken off the ship?

Every eve of a seaday we got the letter stating they'd be cleaning the lifeboats above us and we might have runoff on our balcony. It never affected us at all.

2015-01-7--21-12-22.jpeg_zpssdqxkh3c.png

We have a cove booked- first time ever. What time do they do they cleaning of the life boats?

the menu

2015-02-7--19-43-11.jpeg_zpsr7nedise.png

2015-02-7--19-43-31.jpeg_zpscqm5tvi2.png

now. I hate to gripe, but my mom and I got omelets and they were gross. Not to mention, my mom didn't even get hers until we were halfway through breakfast. I guess they forgot about it. The omelets were runny, as if not cooked through, and were tasteless. The hashbrowns, bacon, and pancakes were awesome though!

2015-02-7--19-44-32.jpeg_zpswzfyybo1.png

parfaits. Now, I was expecting red and white striped ones like we had seen online. That's the whole reason we ordered them. Oh well, these were good. Yogurt with granola and little bits of fruit and a giant piece of chocolate. Can't go wrong with chocolate!

2015-02-7--19-43-55.jpeg_zpszlai262k.png

Sara was brave and ordered the green eggs and ham. She said they were good...just like the ones served at school on Dr. Seuss day lol

2015-02-7--19-44-51.jpeg_zpsttihz1mn.png

No way I could eat the Green eggs, eggs should not be green LOL. Kinda like the colored ketchup from like 10 years ago... couldn't do that either.....

Thank you! November will be here before you know it!

. I have lots to say about that place and lots of pictures! Off to go resize my pics, then I will start the review. Thanks for following along :)

Could you tell me simply how to add photos to a review as you are doing? If it's too time consuming don't worry. You can private email me if you'd rather, but I'd love to do a review of some of our cruises. By the way, we are going on the Dream, Sept 13, with this itinerary. Thanks for all the info!!

Could you tell me simply how to add photos to a review as you are doing? If it's too time consuming don't worry. You can private email me if you'd rather, but I'd love to do a review of some of our cruises. By the way, we are going on the Dream, Sept 13, with this itinerary. Thanks for all the info!!

I would like to know this answer myself.

I am thoroughly enjoying your Dream review! My sister and I will be sailing on this great ship in September. It will be our first cruise on the Dream plus the first time we have sailed out of NO. Loving all of your photos and great descriptions of food, ports of call etc. Your girls are adorable! THanks again for taking the time to write a terrific review!

Deb

No way I could eat the Green eggs, eggs should not be green LOL. Kinda like the colored ketchup from like 10 years ago... couldn't do that either.....

Ha! Yeah, I hear ya. It's unnatural.

Those of you asking about photos....

You have to use an image hosting site. I use http://www.photobucket.com

It's best if you resize your photos first, I did 600x450. I use the app picsart for this. If you don't have this capability, you can resize on photobucket, I believe. Once resized, upload to your photobucket library. When your photos are uploaded, you can glide your cursor over the thumbnail pic that you want to share here, and 3 horizontal bars will appear in left bottom corner of the pic. Click it. Then click "share links" from the menu that pops up. A box with links will appear. Click on the bottom link (img). Then come here, right click and paste in a message!

I am thoroughly enjoying your Dream review! My sister and I will be sailing on this great ship in September. It will be our first cruise on the Dream plus the first time we have sailed out of NO. Loving all of your photos and great descriptions of food, ports of call etc. Your girls are adorable! THanks again for taking the time to write a terrific review!

Deb

Thanks so much! I've enjoyed posting all the details. You are going to love the Dream!!

What kind of activities did they have on the ship? Was the layout the same as other ships, where the galley blocks some decks and you have to go up stairs and down to get to some decks?

Layout....yes I remember getting turned around finding the dining room the first couple times, but if we took the right elevators we didn't have to go up and back down any stairs. Sorry I can't be more specific!

Activities...TONS! I was impressed with the amount of activities, and wished I could have participated more (the kids would have been bored with a lot of it lol). They had lots of trivias, with themes such as song, tv, star wars, harry potter, Friends, general, etc...there was karaoke, giant Jenga, hairy chest contest, mixology contest (who can make the best bar drink), slot tournaments, bingo, lots of spa classes, like acupuncture or how to have a flat stomach, bean bag toss, piano bar sing along, arts and crafts, dive-in movies tea time....and aside from the organized stuff, there is the water slides, 2 pools, multiple hot tubs, mini golf, basketball courts, ping pong tables.

Thinking about booking the dream with my two younger kids. How were the lines on the ship? I'm thinking at the buffets and things like that...thanks!

Buffet lines got pretty long, not gonna lie. The ship felt crowded everywhere we went.

Ha! Yeah, I hear ya. It's unnatural.

Those of you asking about photos....

You have to use an image hosting site. I use www.photobucket.com

It's best if you resize your photos first, I did 600x450. I use the app picsart for this. If you don't have this capability, you can resize on photobucket, I believe. Once resized, upload to your photobucket library. When your photos are uploaded, you can glide your cursor over the thumbnail pic that you want to share here, and 3 horizontal bars will appear in left bottom corner of the pic. Click it. Then click "share links" from the menu that pops up. A box with links will appear. Click on the bottom link (img). Then come here, right click and paste in a message!

thanks a bunch for the info and review