Can you use Hapag-Lloyd Club points on same trip you accumulate them?

MsSommelier

Is it possible to use Club points as you accumulate them on the same voyage, or do you need to wait until the next voyage? I think it is the latter but I did not receive any answer from H-L to my query.

One cannot use points accumulated during a cruise in that cruise.

However, my understanding is that if one does two back to back cruises, points accumulated in the first cruise may be used in the second.

We used the points from the first leg of our b2b cruise on the second leg. Now we have new points from that second leg which we could use on a third cruise. There were so many repeaters and b2b2b2b passengers on our ship that they could probably drink all their points. :D

This ship is very popular with a well

We used the points from the first leg of our b2b cruise on the second leg. Now we have new points from that second leg which we could use on a third cruise. There were so many repeaters and b2b2b2b passengers on our ship that they could probably drink all their points. :D

This ship is very popular with a well

Europa 2 seems to be sold out as from entering the Medit in Limassol untill late fall...

So were we. I can assure you the basic cabin is better than the upgraded cabins on other ships including Oceania (except the mattress and bed linens which are much better on Oceania). I also like to stay on the lowest floor with balcony cabins because I am prone to sea sickness.

Floridiana, re: cabin comparison between Europa and Oceania. We had the standard veranda cabin on Europa. We're leaving for an Oceania cruise (Trans-Atlantic) next week, in a veranda cabin but not Penthouse. Our German friends here (who have also been on Seabourn and Regent, but not Europa) keep raving about the food and service on Oceania and asked us numerous times to join them and this is the time :-) They didn't have any particular comments on the accommodations but they always had a Penthouse on Oceania.

What did you like better about Europa's cabins than Oceania? (except for the linens)

It depends on the ship. If it's Riviera or Marina, you have a larger bathroom than on Regatta, Insignia and Sirena. The bathroom on Europa 2 was still better: separate toilet with sink, 2 sinks in main bathroom, large rain shower with an additional hand held shower head and a jacuzzi tub. Light filled bathroom because it had a window. We closed the blinds for privacy but it was still airier than a bathroom without a window, also available on Europa 2.

The cabin is long because there are no interior cabins, just one hallway down the middle. Décor is light wood. Things an American might miss on Europa 2: really soft American bath tissue and soft American Kleenex.

Food on Oceania is excellent, but the quality of food is equal and the variety of food is better on Europa 2. Just one example: Oceania's buffet had one variety of Spanish ham, Europa 2 had 5 kinds of really expensive Spanish and Italian ham. Europa 2 has a large variety of German bread and rolls, Oceania has real French baguettes and whatever Americans think is bread. I don't think there were hamburgers on Europa 2, but there was Italian style pizza. You have to order ice cubes and tell them 'not just 2 or 3'! Some servers would then give us 4, I insisted on a glass full of ice cubes or the entire ice bucket. :cool:

Service is more attentive on Europa 2. Non-alcoholic drinks are included on Oceania but not on Europa 2, except what's in the refrigerator which has mineral water, juices and beer!

Oceania is not known for its entertainment, but I thought they did a better job than Europa 2. Most of whatever entertainment they had on Europa 2 was excellent, but they did not have a lot. I don't count an actor reading literary passages as entertainment.

There are more differences in style and behavior patterns. It really depends on how flexible you are.

Floridiana, we will be on Europa, not Europa 2, for the Baltic and I believe Europa 2, being newer, is a lot more modern. (We have not sailed with her yet.) We were extremely impressed with Europa's food and service on our voyage to Norway. The cabin was not huge but made very good use of space, I thought. And after 3 years in Germany, soft tissues of both sorts are only a fond memory.

Sorry the thread has drifted off topic, but I appreciate the feedback and comparison.

The entry level staterooms on the Europa are approximately 355 sq. ft. as opposed to just over 376 sq. ft on the Europa 2.

As for the choice of food on the Europa 2, during my Norwegian cruise last year, one evening in the Weltmeere restaurant I asked if they had any Norwegian cheese, and in due course I was served with a beautifully presented selection of five different cheeses.

I shall certainly miss the food on board the Europa 2.