Camp Ocean Late night parties

Jenner9

• 2 weeks later...

The Night Owl is offered every night. The "party" is the theme and is

the first hour. I believe Camp Ocean replaces Camp Carnival.. They might not spend so much time on the "party" anymore since parents complained that it was a pitch to kids and cost money. THE program used to hype the party aspect to get kids excited to beg their parents to go to Night OWLS. Some of the nights used to require full payment for 3 hours but now hourly at $6 per hour.

Camp Ocean is more centered on....well the Ocean. There are games they play that offer medals. And also medals given for doing adventurous things like trying a new food or something like that. My daughter won two last year.

The groups are named differently but divided out the same. And while they did have the dance parties, no there wasn't the late night themed parties that my son, who was in the 9-11 age group during his first cruise, went to with Camp Carnival.

As a parent, I didn't have a complaint about either. I knew about the late night parties with Camp Carnival by doing research ahead of time. And I knew if my son liked camp, he would want to go. They didn't have the late night party for my daughter who was in the 3-5 age group. Some ships still have Camp Carnival. Not sure if all ships will eventually switch.

The decor of camp ocean is really nice. Here's a few pics from the sharks room on the Freedom.

vacation2014040_zps0f13a84c.jpg

vacation2014043_zps385aa6b6.jpg

vacation2014042_zps4a839269.jpg

Edited by cruizinisthebest

We were on the Breeze in April and there were no Night Owls parties. One of the counselors in Camp Ocean told me that they were going to be bringing back the parties, because so many parents complained. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but just sharing what she told me. My girls preferred Camp Ocean over Camp Carnival.

Edited by wens

We were on the Breeze in April and there were no Night Owls parties. One of the counselors in Camp Ocean told me that they were going to be bringing back the parties, because so many parents complained. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but just sharing what she told me. My girls preferred Camp Ocean over Camp Carnival.

Boo! :( I hope they bring them back by January as my son was looking forward to them. Thanks for the updates everyone.

When we were on the Magic in May they didn't have the late night parties. Some of the parents thought the late night babysitting were the parties but it just wasn't the same. My grandson loved the parties and I know he wouldn't like the babysitting all they did was watch movies and play video games so the grandkids that were on that cruise with me only went for about a hour a couple of nights.