Carnival's former Jubilee now Chinese luxury ship

shrimp56

The Jubilee was our very first cruise ship. In 1989 I won a radio contest with the grand prize of a 7 day Caribbean cruise for 2. We upgraded to a slightly larger ocean view cabin (I think we paid $179 extra) to accommodate our 7 year old son and took the trip of a lifetime. Even though I was seasick in bed the first 2 days(heck, I still get carsick for goodness sake), I was hooked on cruising. It was on that trip that I discovered Bonine and we have been cruising happily ever since!

We've taken cruises to celebrate anniversaries, honeymoons, birthdays and just to get away from the frozen tundra. Life is good on a cruise ship!

I wish the Henna and all who sail in her fair seas and a following wind.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

The Jubilee was our very first cruise ship. In 1989 I won a radio contest with the grand prize of a 7 day Caribbean cruise for 2. We upgraded to a slightly larger ocean view cabin (I think we paid $179 extra) to accommodate our 7 year old son and took the trip of a lifetime. Even though I was seasick in bed the first 2 days(heck, I still get carsick for goodness sake), I was hooked on cruising. It was on that trip that I discovered Bonine and we have been cruising happily ever since!

We've taken cruises to celebrate anniversaries, honeymoons, birthdays and just to get away from the frozen tundra. Life is good on a cruise ship!

What a great story!!

Thank you for sharing it.

We sailed Jubilee in Sep 1995 out of L.A. on the infamous 3-day booze cruise to Ensenada, Mexico. Definitely an "interesting" experience;)

My wife and I have been on the Jubilee for a cruise to Hawaii. It was quite a long time ago and was a very enjoyable cruise. Still have fond memories of the gentle dining room steward from Jamaica. He served us good food, especially desserts, apparently in the absence of a very visible assistant. The room stewards were kind of strange because we did not get to see them often but the room was always well taken care of. Formal nights were not really too formal but it was obvious to us that people showed great respect to one another. Talk about the magic of cruising then. Hope to see things resolved quickly. I think that even without many rooms with verandas and a walk-around lower promenade deck, the Jubilee deserves to have a new life. Have just tried to edit to paragraph the post, but failed. Reasons unknown.

Formal nights were not really too formal but it was obvious to us that people showed great respect to one another. Talk about the magic of cruising then.

I agree with you about formal nights - here's DH and me from 1989:

http://app.getsmileapp.com/smiles/5c123c3ef68fffa47a4ab18192575f4e57c14b75764a7f567d766791a7924f57

http://app.getsmileapp.com/smiles/fb7828862699544e4de083f5416716c33ce76d14cf16d8878fec24b0b4608df6

Not sure why the photos aren't showing up, but you can click on the link to see our "formal attire". Looking back - man, we were young then!!!

http://app.getsmileapp.com/smiles/5c123c3ef68fffa47a4ab18192575f4e57c14b75764a7f567d766791a7924f57

http://app.getsmileapp.com/smiles/fb7828862699544e4de083f5416716c33ce76d14cf16d8878fec24b0b4608df6

Not sure why the photos aren't showing up, but you can click on the link to see our "formal attire". Looking back - man, we were young then!!!

Those are nice pics! Looking good, Your Honor!;)

LOL - thanks Copper, now it's your turn to post a pic of you & Maria on your first cruise together! I can't believe I actually had a perm . . . only time in my life I didn't have straight hair!!!

I'll put it on FB for ya;)

Thank you my elegant friends for the pictures. You both look great! Just keep on cruising and you will always feel young.

Archived