Xrail

familyof8

Can anyone give any feedback on the Xrail excursion? We are looking to book 2 xrails for my husband and I and our son and his girlfriend. It is pricey but looks like fun. Want to make sure it is worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DH and I did the Xrails a few years ago and it was WELL worth the money! We had a great time, but do bear a few things in mind:

--the buggys do NOT have power steering - they have "brute strength steering" so be prepared!

--the buggys take a good bit of abuse, so understand that they may have mechanical issues.....ours did not, but I have read reviews where folk get upset when they do

--you WILL get muddy - and the mud is smelly. We brought along old clothes to wear and just threw them away after the excursion. They do have "showers" (read open air where the water gravity feeds over you) to rinse off.....hey, it's better than nothing!

--bring along goggles (or such) to protect your eyes

--before you get on the Xrails, they show you some birds who will eat from your hand, mouth, etc. Yes it panders to the tourist, but it was fun. :o

They do have lockers where you can lock up your belongings.

I would certainly recommend them.....oh, and if you can, do NOT book the first group of the day. That slot goes to the cruise lines and it will be packed. We took the second tour and did it all by ourselves!

Well, you asked for feedback, so I will chime in. I did not personally care for them. I went with my husband and 2 sons. They thought they were ok, but I didn't like it. No power steering is correct. My arms were so sore trying to drive. They went from pothole to pothole. My entire body ached really badly after. (I'm in my mid-30s.) Towards the end, my husband and I switched, and he agreed that my xrail was a little worse and jarring than his was. Have fun with whatever you decide to do!

• 3 weeks later...

I was just on Tripadvisor looking at this excursion and it does not get very good reviews at all. It you go there it does show similar, other companies that get much better reviews.

• 1 month later...