shipboard credit for owning stock

spikecat

My TA has always faxed a letter from my stockbroker confirming I have stock a couple or 3 months before my cruise. I have a new TA who says a letter of that sort wouldn't be good enough. Guess I'll have to have more documentation...I hate to send a copy of my broker's statement as it has so much info on it...even with my account number blacked out.

I send only a copy of the one page of our brokerage statement which indicates our Carnival Stock.. I use a black magic marker to black out our Account Number & all the other stocks we own on that one page.. It takes 5 minutes..

Edited by serendipity1499

Do you have to wait until after final payment to request it. Normally I do, but that is because we book a cruise after final payment it is due. We did book one early this time and I have been waiting, but if I take that off my to do , great!

Don't believe you have to wait.. I only wait until after final payment, because that's when I know for sure that we probably will not cancel the cruise unless one of us is ill..:)

[/b]

I send only a copy of the one page of our brokerage statement which indicates our Carnival Stock.. I use a black magic marker to black out our Account Number & all the other stocks we own on that one page.. It takes 5 minutes..

That's exactly what I plan to do. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

what the procedure is - must I have him do it. Or, can I do it myself?

We just bought our CCL today and are cruising in November. I have printed the page from our brokerage account showing the completed purchase.

Can I email it to HAL? Or, must I go and fax it from the library?

I see the link to the info on where to fax it to - just wondered IF there might be a place where I can email and not have to go out to fax it to them. I have NEVER been able to get our fax machine to work on our computer or printer for some reason.

THANKing you in advance for your help CCer's

:confused:

Edited by hugger

what the procedure is - must I have him do it. Or, can I do it myself?

We just bought our CCL today and are cruising in November. I have printed the page from our brokerage account showing the completed purchase.

Can I email it to HAL? Or, must I go and fax it from the library?

I see the link to the info on where to fax it to - just wondered IF there might be a place where I can email and not have to go out to fax it to them. I have NEVER been able to get our fax machine to work on our computer or printer for some reason.

THANKing you in advance for your help CCer's

:confused:

You can do it yourself, although the TA should be able to do it for you - if they do not want to bother, maybe you need a new TA??

The directions say to fax it, so thats what I do. DO not know if an email will work, but I guess you can try. If it does not work, then fax it.

Yes, the will no longer let you email to HAL for security reason's. Which makes me think maybe I shouldn't email it to my TA either then.

Guess I'll be making a trip to the library.

No problem as 5.00 charge to get 250.00 OBC well worth it :)

You an also mail the information to:

Holland America Line

World Cruise Reservations

300 Elliott Avenue West

Seattle, WA 98119

I do it myself, rather than have my TA do it. If I haven't heard from HAL or my TA that it's been applied in 10 days or so - I call and ask them to email me the acknowledgement. And I take that email to the ship with me. On day 2 of the cruise I check my on board account to see if it's there.

Bought the CCL stock about noon today and by 6 had our 250.00 OBC showing on our account. Also, asked and received an email confirming it to take along with us when we board.

Count me IMPRESSED!

We did end up doing the fax ourselves as HAL World Cruise Reservations said they are no longer accepting shareholder proof via email for security reason's.

I have NEVER been able to get our home fax system to work correctly - even after upgrading equipment etc.

So we stopped by our local library on our way out for dinner this evening. They faxed it over to HAL for us and after a phone call to World Cruise Reservations to clear up a blank page issue. They were able to find the correct fax page and apply our 250.00 OBC and send the confirmation email.

Our library charged us 2.00 to send the fax. SO worth that fee to not have to spend a few hour's trying to get it to work from our home system :-)

THANK YOU ONCE again for the help and shared experiences from CCer's here on the board.

:D

I am booked for a 20 day sea land cruise to Alaska. Will I get the $250.00 for total days involved or will I receive $100.00 for the sea portion? The sea portion is 7 days? The cruise is with Holland America.

IMO they should give you $250..They give the Mariner day credits for a HAL land tour, so why not the full amount for the CCL stock.. If it was me, I would request $250 & explain that I am on a HAL land/sea tour (give them your HAL Tour Number) for 20 days & see what they come back with..

After all you are paying HAL for the entire 20 days..

Please let us know how you made out..

IMO they should give you $250..They give the Mariner day credits for a HAL land tour, so why not the full amount for the CCL stock.. If it was me, I would request $250 & explain that I am on a HAL land/sea tour (give them your HAL Tour Number) for 20 days & see what they come back with..

After all you are paying HAL for the entire 20 days..

Please let us know how you made out..

It's HAL who gives the Mariner day credits, not CCL. While I doubt CCL would give the $250 for 20 days (rather than the more likely $100 for 7 cruise days) I'd give them a call and ask. Phone # is 1-800 522 3399

Bought the CCL stock about noon today and by 6 had our 250.00 OBC showing on our account. Also, asked and received an email confirming it to take along with us when we board.

Count me IMPRESSED! ... :D

Congratulations - so very pleased you took the time to post your positive experience with HAL. Thanks and smooth sailing!!!

I always send an email to the Rotterdam office with a copy of the last statement from my bank showing the 100 shares. Usually within an hour the OBC is added and is confirmed by email.

I have my shares on the London Stock Exchange, at the time of buying they were lower than on NYSE. Right now, converted to GBP, NYSE is about 50 cents cheaper.

But to HAL is doesn't make any difference wether you have US or UK Carnival stock.

It's HAL who gives the Mariner day credits, not CCL. While I doubt CCL would give the $250 for 20 days (rather than the more likely $100 for 7 cruise days) I'd give them a call and ask. Phone # is 1-800 522 3399

HAL is also giving you the OBC for the Carnival Corp & PLC stock.. In addition to the cruise line Holland America also owns the following:

1) the Westmark hotel chain operating in Alaska and the Yukon

2) Worldwide Shore Services, providing warehouse and logistical support; ]

3) Half Moon Cay, a private Caribbean island (known officially as Little San Salvador Island) with most Caribbean cruises spending a day there.

Therefore, by default Carnival Corp. & PLC also owns the above including any Land Tours which one pays for & takes on HAL.. I know for a fact that the Tour busses in Alaska are owned by HAL & the drivers are also paid by HAL when you take one of their land tours.. Our Bus Driver in Alaska worked for HAL & so did his wife..

That's why, IMO HAL should give you the $250 OBC for purchasing a HAL land tour in conjunction with a HAL ships cruise..

Windsailer, you could be right, but I don't think there is any harm in checking it out by sending a request in..

HAL isn't giving the OBC for the CCL stock - CCL is. The Shareholder Benefit says:

"Carnival Corporation & plc is pleased to extend the following benefit to our shareholders:

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer US $ 250 € 200 £ 150 A$ 250

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days US $ 100 € 75 £ 60 A$ 100

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less US $ 50 € 40 £ 30 A$ 50"

I previously posted the telephone number so stockholders could check. But I don't want anyone to get their hopes up that CCL will consider cruisetours to be "sailings."

HAL is also giving you the OBC for the Carnival Corp & PLC stock.. In addition to the cruise line Holland America also owns the following:

1) the Westmark hotel chain operating in Alaska and the Yukon

2) Worldwide Shore Services, providing warehouse and logistical support; ]

3) Half Moon Cay, a private Caribbean island (known officially as Little San Salvador Island) with most Caribbean cruises spending a day there.

Therefore, by default Carnival Corp. & PLC also owns the above including any Land Tours which one pays for & takes on HAL.. I know for a fact that the Tour busses in Alaska are owned by HAL & the drivers are also paid by HAL when you take one of their land tours.. Our Bus Driver in Alaska worked for HAL & so did his wife..

That's why, IMO HAL should give you the $250 OBC for purchasing a HAL land tour in conjunction with a HAL ships cruise..

Windsailer, you could be right, but I don't think there is any harm in checking it out by sending a request in..

Since you get Mariner days for the entire Land Tour, it would seem logical that you should earn stockholder credit for the entire land tour as well.

HAL isn't giving the OBC for the CCL stock - CCL is. The Shareholder Benefit says:

"Carnival Corporation & plc is pleased to extend the following benefit to our shareholders:

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer US $ 250 € 200 £ 150 A$ 250

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days US $ 100 € 75 £ 60 A$ 100

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less US $ 50 € 40 £ 30 A$ 50"

I previously posted the telephone number so stockholders could check. But I don't want anyone to get their hopes up that CCL will consider cruisetours to be "sailings."

HAL'S Mariner Status Report states:

Quote In addition to earning Cruise Day Credits for each actual day sailed, there are easy ways you can earn bonus cruise day credits.. It then goes on to state that you can earn double credits by purchasing a suite & also it mentions the Onboard Spending Bonus.. No where does it state that you will earn Mariner credits for a HAL land tour in Alaska, but they gave DH & me the credits for the days we spent on a HAL land tour..

As I previously said, you could be correct, but there is no harm in asking & IMO if you spend the money to purchase a HAL land tour then you should get the CCL Stockholder benefit exactly as if you sailed on one of their ships..