Royal Princess - additional videos - Dining and Entertainment

RickEk

Just checked my e mail and was pleasantly surprised by the new Royal Princess video of the dining experience. I liked the changes they are presenting. The Horizon Court looks like a good way to eliminate the crowding at the buffet.

Sali

Thanks Rick for keeping such close track of when they release the videos. Interesting dining concepts, agree with Pia would not care to dine "in cage". Looks like a big improvement in the Horizon Court.

Some things really stuck out in the new video:

1> Lots of 2 tops in the MDR available with that bench configuration.

2> The Chef's table could now be served in either of those two central venues (the wine cellar or the lumiere) - wonder if they will offer more per cruise (or perhaps a chef's table light more nights with a similar menu but not the tableside service or tour since that ties up the EC a lot)

3> Crown Grill being combine with Wheelhouse makes the space more flexible, but also could lead to noise issues..

4> I didn't see anything about an IC.. I wonder if the Pastry shop/coffee bar will serve that function.

5> Love the idea of linking Vines and Sabatinis

Some things really stuck out in the new video:

1> Lots of 2 tops in the MDR available with that bench configuration.

2> The Chef's table could now be served in either of those two central venues (the wine cellar or the lumiere) - wonder if they will offer more per cruise (or perhaps a chef's table light more nights with a similar menu but not the tableside service or tour since that ties up the EC a lot)

3> Crown Grill being combine with Wheelhouse makes the space more flexible, but also could lead to noise issues..

4> I didn't see anything about an IC.. I wonder if the Pastry shop/coffee bar will serve that function.

5> Love the idea of linking Vines and Sabatinis

Loonbeam, I had the same thought about IC. I went back to the first video of Royal that showed the changes in the atrium area. They showed a larger IC and talked about it how it will still be apart of the experience. So we can take a sign of relief that it will still be an option !

Hi Loonbeam

IC is still in the atrium but bigger,

with Sabatini moved from the back of the ship to the inside it made sence to link it through with Vines as no Adagio Bar to walk through from

yours shogun

She looks to be a very nice ship. It's about time Princess brought their buffet up to scratch. Royal Caribbean's are so much bigger and spacious. The problem did lie with the Grand class layout, however, with the aft elevator lobby cutting the space in half. If it is still situated aft near the top of the ship, I suspect Royal will have just two elevator lobbies, with more elevators at each.

I thought I recalled something but had not had the chance to review, so thanks for checking..

I wonder if the IC will focus more on food options as opposed to pastries since the other option will be available.

Loonbeam, I had the same thought about IC. I went back to the first video of Royal that showed the changes in the atrium area. They showed a larger IC and talked about it how it will still be apart of the experience. So we can take a sign of relief that it will still be an option !

I didn't see the Adagio either, I will miss that place... maybe Bellini's is replacing it:confused:

Do like the new HC layout, dining room decor is nice but not sure about those "cage" tables.

I think the IC will have more food options along with their goodies.:)

Sweet - I too wonder about combining the Wheelhouse and the Crown Grill - thematically good, but it might be difficult to have a quiet dinner with a band playing in the bar. And I like the curtain around the table - if you're into an evening of private dining, that's the way to go.

Sweet - I too wonder about combining the Wheelhouse and the Crown Grill - thematically good, but it might be difficult to have a quiet dinner with a band playing in the bar. And I like the curtain around the table - if you're into an evening of private dining, that's the way to go.

I think it would be awkward just sitting there whilst a curtain makes its way around. You would be able to hear the noise of the MDR, and then enjoy being stared at as the curtain draws back and you get up and walk out.

The horizon court looks like a logisitcal mess, all those smaller rooms with room vs just open spaces like on other new ships, add a few thousand people and gridlock. Not sure why Princess can't get their casual eateries right? I see the paint by numbers murals have also made their way onboard....

The video looks good, more news here.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=4773#

Some things in Horizon Court have extra payment.

Gettingwarmer , Thanks for the above article. A lot more detail in your article about the extra charges at Horizon . I don't like that direction. They mention in the article about extra for pastry, some seafoods and some Asian food.

Sali

The video looks good, more news here.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=4773#

Some things in Horizon Court have extra payment.

Gettingwarmer, Your site had a lot of good info. I just found something with details to enhance some topics brought up on your site. If you go to the Princess site and the lower right side, look under the heading of News and articles. Click on Princess unveils dining plans.

This gives details and descriptions by categories like HC buffet, HC Bistro,

HC pastry shop, and HC for kids.

Sali

Thanks for that Orangefan. Good information. Doesn't mention having to pay for the new options though.

Gettingwarmer, Luckily, your article provided that information !. It seems like the crab shack, fondue and pastry areas will be extra. But they can't mean all the desserts. Otherwise people will just mob IC instead. Maybe the pastry area they are talking about is more high end and labor intensive and they will have another no charge pastry area.

Sali

Gettingwarmer, Luckily, your article provided that information !. It seems like the crab shack, fondue and pastry areas will be extra. But they can't mean all the desserts. Otherwise people will just mob IC instead. Maybe the pastry area they are talking about is more high end and labor intensive and they will have another no charge pastry area.

Sali

Yes I would guess that you're correct. The pastry shop will have fancier pastries than are currently on Princess ships to justify their extra fee. The fondues sound like what used to be available for a fee at the International Cafe when it was first introduced.

Archived