Total % of claim payment?

Jimsgirl

Not asking $ amount , but what % of claim did you receive?

In recent conversation with someone who used to work Ins. claims it seems the aim is to reduce the amount of compensation wherever possible to do so legally.

Reporting dissatisfaction or employing a lawyer often just "rubs salt in the wound", as there is seems to be no Ombudsman watching how Ins claims, are paid.

Not asking $ amount , but what % of claim did you receive?

100% of the covered amount, every time.

In recent conversation with someone who used to work Ins. claims it seems the aim is to reduce the amount of compensation wherever possible to do so legally.

Don't believe everything people tell you. Legally, they have to pay everything that's covered. If the amount is reduced, it wasn't covered. People usually have very little understanding of what they are purchasing. And, insurance company employees can make mistakes. If the insurance company has processed a claim incorrectly, you have every right to appeal this decision, or file a complaint with your state's department of insurance.

Reporting dissatisfaction or employing a lawyer often just "rubs salt in the wound", as there is seems to be no Ombudsman watching how Ins claims, are paid.

I am just going to be blunt. Stop complaining and posting over and over with the same story and actually do something about it. THERE IS someone watching over insurance claims. It's your state's department of insurance. There are many, many laws governing insurance companies and the processing of claims. You have a link in the post above this one. Go there and read about the resources available to you.

As already posted, I work in this field (not for ins. companies). I go crazy sometimes with how much work I have to go to just to get a clean (one with no problems) claim paid sometimes. Yesterday, I spent six hours on the phone with various insurance companies, so I feel your pain. It would make a saint crazy.

But, you've never stated if you actually filed a claim with Medicare and your Medicare supplement. If you still haven't done so and gotten your denial, your claim won't be processed.

If you feel your claim is not being processed in a timely manner, you MUST file a claim with your state's department of insurance and it's very helpful to contact your state senator or representative's office. I guarantee they will get involved, and I have used this tactic successfully several times myself.

Do something productive to get this done instead of posting the same complaints over and over. Then, be very grateful you are still here and proud of yourself for the work you've done toward your recovery.

Edited by 6rugrats

YES I have filed ALL the paperwork CORRECTLY, inc. Medicare and Suppl. denials. for the treatment OUTSIDE USA but still no action on the claims by Insurance company, my paperwork is still lying unattended on someones desk, waiting to be scanned into the computer!

The Florida board does not oversee Travel Ins possibly because the incidents take place "internationally".

The Florida board does not oversee Travel Ins possibly because the incidents take place "internationally".

Must be smokin some of that medical marijuana. ;)

Can't even begin to tell you how wrong you are.

You travel insurance provider has to be licensed and approved by your state insurance commissioner to even be sold in Florida. This is the organization who regulates insurance in Florida. Since they are in Florida, they are also very aggressive against injustices within the industry.

Then again, If all you're looking for is whoa is me sympathy,,, then I'll just move on.

Good Luck

YES I have filed ALL the paperwork CORRECTLY, inc. Medicare and Suppl. denials. for the treatment OUTSIDE USA but still no action on the claims by Insurance company, my paperwork is still lying unattended on someones desk, waiting to be scanned into the computer!

Which insurance company are you dealing with?

I just sent a claim in to Travel Insured for a 5 day bus trip from Dallas to Branson which was interrupted when my husband became ill and I had to rent a car to get us home. Dr. said he could be contagious to others on the bus and he couldn't make the long bus ride home with the problem he had. They told me it would take 15-17 "business" days to process the claim. Add in weekends and any holidays and it can be quite a long time to get it resolved. I've had a couple of minor claims with this company when we were out of the country and they were settled to my full satisfaction. I'm expecting the same result this time......

I am NOT a woe is me type, although some posters have assumed I am stupid, and did not read the instructions

a/ That the paperwork was not filed correctly no matter how many times I say every piece has been filed correctly, signed,by doctors, verified etc etc.

b/ The Ins company do now admit they have had the claim for now nearly 6 weeks , but have NOT yet assigned a staffer to deal with paying the claim- only a data entry person to scan it into a computer -which act is still pending as" we are very busy"

c/ Cunard care is sold by only by Cunard Cruise Line which of course is NOT a Florida based company .

Yes it is my own fault for trusting Cunard would use a reputable company. Berkely Care is also NOT a Florida based company.

This does make a very BIG difference when it comes to getting help from the state.

d/ I think any cruiser needs to know these types of pitfalls if they are thinking of buying ins. from a cruise line. especially if they also use a travel agent outside their own state. Which is the reason I posted to this thread.

e/ Any international cruiser needs to know they may have thousands of dollars charged to their credit card at time of a severe mental and physical health problem , and then they will have to pay the debt to clear their card, which will diminish their savings - whilst they are still receiving medical care back in USA.-- that they will have to wait for 4 or 5 or 6 MONTHS for the Ins company to reimburse them (maybe ) the full amount. (maybe not).

Just hope it never happens to you.