Help..need to know when 400+ group is sailing

10s nut

Hi Re...yea, I believe it was in Feb as well........not sure of the date....it was Seagulls who had originally booked it.

Maybe she can help with the exact date.

wondering if that post regarding the the date was real --the poster i think if was neal -could be mistaken- had another one with the exact same layout except it had a typo in it and someone caught it and the poster said i was wondering if anyone would catch it

Is it that you want to join that group or avoid it? Probably to your dismay, there is more than one Celebrity cruise with a 400+ gay group. I'll just tell you one besides the February 5 cruise (which, by the way is NOT 400)---November 28, Mille, Eastern Carib. Hope this helps.

The cruise in question is Century's February 5, 2005 sailing. I called the TA concerned and he was the one who told me that he was hoping for 300 to 400+ bookings for the cruise. Talk about a thread turning sour! I would hate for the extremists to start up again. I do so hope that it will be left to R.I.P. As Lois stated my next cruise in on Princess but I hope to be sailing with X again soon.

I may be mistaken but I don't think the February 5th gay cruise was real - it was created by Newt.

However, Seagulls was booked to sail on that February 5th cruise and there is some large group booked which caused her to change ships. As many people noted on that original thread, no matter what the group, there are some very valid reasons to avoid cruises when many/most of the passengers are with one group.

I don't know if it has been established how to determine if a large group will be on your cruise, and if so, what group it might be.

Hapy sailing.

Joanie

Hi Seagulls:) hope your Princess cruise is fun for you too!

Msiowa, the Feb 5th cruise is real. Newt might have made some comments about it.....but Seagulls was sailing it.....she has cancelled and is going on Princess.

I've been regularly checking the net for our cruise, Summit NB Alaska, Aug. 13. I've listed it on roll call, and not one single person has responded. I know that doesn't necessarily indicate a large group, but I keep checking. Our particular cruise has not shown up, but there is apparently a gay group cruise immediately following, SB, Aug. 20.

P.S. How did some of you get your avatars back?

M/R

Newt made up his second group posting and did a really good job of it but the first is real! If you go to google and type in Group Cruises or Century Group Cruises or Gay Group cruises you will find the schedules for a lot of them. What will not show up on these are corporate groups or family groups, only those set up by TA's.

how did you find out about the group on the SB sailing of the summit 8/20? that's our sailing! i had a feeling there was a group (no toher CC for the party), no response on roll calls etc and pretty full ship.

Personally I don't care who the group is, BUT, with a 10 yr old son and the thought of some of the events I've read about on other cruises with that group, noise, lateness etc, I'd be a bit concerned.

As long as people aren't in my face, again, whichever group, religious or otherwise it doesn't matter

sheree

Mystery....The avatar thing is not hard. But go to the help section. It is explained thoroughly here. Your user CP(top left hand corner-blue bar)has many settings that need to be checked off and examined. The edit avatar is there as well.:o

Shereemcg--I have been doing a google search along the lines of:

Celebrity Summit Alaska group cruise August 13

I, too, suspect there's a large group on our cruise b/c my roll call hasn't elicited a single response, but I haven't unearthed one posted on the www.

M/R

Archived