Sky Safari Zipline Booking through Cruise Ship only?

massave

The Sky Safari Zipline website says that if you are on certain cruise lines you must book the cruise ship excursion and can't book directly with Sky Safari. Of course, RCCL is charging an additional $11 per person. Does anyone have any experience with this? Do you really have to book through the cruise line? Thanks.

We went on the Zip Line tour in December and booked it on our own. The advantage was that we were there first and there was no conflict whatsoever with large ship excursion groups.

dz63 - Thank you so much for the link. Your review & photos were great. Question - Do you stop/start the zips in the same area, or is there a lot of walking/climbing involved between each zip. Having an ongoing knee issue and can handle most normal conditions, but no Tarzan/Jane stuff. :)

Pat

dz63 - Thank you so much for the link. Your review & photos were great. Question - Do you stop/start the zips in the same area, or is there a lot of walking/climbing involved between each zip. Having an ongoing knee issue and can handle most normal conditions, but no Tarzan/Jane stuff. :)

Pat

After the Monkey Run (first line and practise run), it is a short ride on a jeep to get to the second zipline. The ziplines are close together and there is not much walking between lines--they basically stop/start in the same area. The only exception was the last line--there was a short walk to get to it--but it was not a hard walk at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm traveling on Carnival Victory in April and wanted to take the St. Kitts zip lining excursion since it is one of the only ones that will accommodate kids under the age of 12 (I have a 9 year old x-treme sportsman!). I was going to book through the zipline company but you're right, you can't do it anymore if you are on certain cruise lines (mine for instance). You have to book through the ship, and of course the ship's excursion is already full. I'm not sure why they decided to do this but it is very very frustrating and disappointing.

Edited by Mypapaya
typo

I'm traveling on Carnival Victory in April and wanted to take the St. Kitts zip lining excursion since it is one of the only ones that will accommodate kids under the age of 12 (I have a 9 year old x-treme sportsman!). I was going to book through the zipline company but you're right, you can't do it anymore if you are on certain cruise lines (mine for instance). You have to book through the ship, and of course the ship's excursion is already full. I'm not sure why they decided to do this but it is very very frustrating and disappointing.

When we first decided to book through RCI, the excursion was full. Tried several different times over several weeks and finally we were able to book on line. Keep trying. I'm not really sure how Carnival works, but most lines leave spots open to book once on the ship, too.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

we are in the same boat, Carnival Victory in April. We have also tried but ziplining is full. I was thinking of booking on line and just get picked up elsewhere. Has anyone done that?

Edited by nnptam

We just returned on Sunday from our Norwegian Dawn cruise. We did the St. Kitts Sky Safari Zipline. We purchased our reservation through the Tour Store on St. Kitts with no problem, back in November. The Tour Store wanted a faxed copy form for the reservation including our credit card number. We weren't comfortable with that so we purchased a gift type credit card for the amount needed from our Bank and sent them that number. The charge was for the entire amount, so we felt comfortable that it couldn't be overcharged. The Tour Store booking was great, they sent us instructions and a map of where the store was. We had no problem finding the store, they hired a taxi service to take us to the Sky Safari location and we were well on our way to Zip Lining. Sky Safari was a lot of fun. The people there were helpful and between lines they told us a little about the local trees plants and surrounding area. The highest point on the mountain had an incredible view. We even saw a Monkey in the trees. I would recommend this excursion and booking with the Tour Store. One helpful hint, take enough cash to tip the guys helping with the zip tour. We felt bad we did not have enough cash on hand for that as they really did work hard to make sure we had a good time.

• 5 years later...
Any recent 2015 or 2016 experience with booking direct vs through cruise line?

If arriving on a cruise ship, you are not able to book the zipline direct anymore. Sky Safari now has a contractual agreement with the cruise lines and will only accept bookings made through the cruise line.

http://www.skysafaristkitts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118&Itemid=761

If arriving on a cruise ship, you are not able to book the zipline direct anymore. Sky Safari now has a contractual agreement with the cruise lines and will only accept bookings made through the cruise line.

http://www.skysafaristkitts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118&Itemid=761

dz63,

They had the same policy in 2010 when this thread was started. I found posts on other sites from 2014 that indicated they had a port sales area that people successfully used; I'm looking for info about that.