OPT Staggered Check-In Times for Royal Caribbean

Does anyone know the staggered check in times?

The new look RCI website is useless (before the website upgrade I could find the info I wanted but now nope, not on your Nelly!!)

Someone was asking me and I said to look on the website, but now I've hit the proverbial brick wall! And I'm not giving up until I find out!! ......

Does anyone know the staggered check in times?

The new look RCI website is useless (before the website upgrade I could find the info I wanted but now nope, not on your Nelly!!)

Someone was asking me and I said to look on the website, but now I've hit the proverbial brick wall! And I'm not giving up until I find out!! ......

The time will vary, I believe, by category.

It should be on their booking (boarding pass I think).

Hi Tillydog,

I have Voyager and Explorer coming up, this is from the Voyager Ticket book as Explorer hasnt been issued yet. Both are departing from OPT.

Check-In Appointment

Royal Caribbean International would like to offer the following Check-in times to better enhance the check in and boarding

experience.* Check In will take place between 11:30 AM And 4:30 PM. We encourage and recommend guests arrive at the

following designated times to limit queues and wait times.

Deck 10 11:30 AM

Deck 9 12:30 PM

Deck 8 1:30 PM

Deck 7 2:30 PM

Deck 6 3:30 PM

Deck 3 & 2 4:30 PM

Suite Guests and our Loyalty Club Members can check-in and board anytime at their convenience between the hours

of 11:30*AM and 4:30 PM.. This also applies for any guests who have purchased Flights and/or Transfers through Royal

Caribbean International.

The Overseas Passenger Terminal is a small facility that is on two levels with limited seating areas.* We appreciate your

assistance in trying to make the boarding process as efficient as possible.

I guess it only leave new cruisers to Royal to check in at those times;)

It states where our names and details are that we can check in between 11.30am and 4.30pm.

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

As Chez says it will be effected by sail time, and possibly by arrival time of the previous cruise (though that tends to be pretty standard.)

Yeah! Just annoying now that one cant find the information any more on the RCI website. Before they changed it recently, I never had any problem with it or finding any information that I needed. If one tries to look up the staggered check in times it just takes you to the Contact Us page. Weird!!

Yeah! Just annoying now that one cant find the information any more on the RCI website. Before they changed it recently, I never had any problem with it or finding any information that I needed. If one tries to look up the staggered check in times it just takes you to the Contact Us page. Weird!!

I think the site still has lots of "issues"

When I log in to the My cruises area, then click on selected cruise, there are icons where I have to guess what they are.....they are just little boxes, took a bit of guessing to print stuff out.

Our Voyager cruise leaves at 6pm, but Explorer is 7pm, so will interesting to see if the check in times change.

Our Voyager cruise will have to depart at 6pm as the Explorer will be in the harbour waiting:D The first time these two ships will be in Sydney harbour together.

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

On our documents it states boarding between 11.30 - 4.30. Then next page it starts with Deck 10 at 11.00 and last deck - 3 at 3.00. Priority between 11.00 and 3.00. It's on Radiance with a 6.30pm departure from Fremantle.

I think the site still has lots of "issues"

When I log in to the My cruises area, then click on selected cruise, there are icons where I have to guess what they are.....they are just little boxes, took a bit of guessing to print stuff out.

Our Voyager cruise leaves at 6pm, but Explorer is 7pm, so will interesting to see if the check in times change.

Our Voyager cruise will have to depart at 6pm as the Explorer will be in the harbour waiting:D The first time these two ships will be in Sydney harbour together.

Chez

Will be at the OPT to watch the whole thing!! Then we're on Explorer the next day!

Will be at the OPT to watch the whole thing!! Then we're on Explorer the next day!

Yay!!! Those arriving on Explorer get an overnight in Sydney, I would definately be finding a good spot to watch the lights of Sydney if i was overnighting there!!

The morning we docked in Sydney on the Radiance, we were in nose first, so the lovely rear deck off the buffet was looking over the harbour Bridge and Opera house, we had a lovely breakfast and self disembarked ourselves at 9am:p What a fabulous harbour for ships to dock, I hope they never stop docking at OPT!!

Chez

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Tillydog,

I have Voyager and Explorer coming up, this is from the Voyager Ticket book as Explorer hasnt been issued yet. Both are departing from OPT.

Check-In Appointment

Royal Caribbean International would like to offer the following Check-in times to better enhance the check in and boarding

experience.* Check In will take place between 11:30 AM And 4:30 PM. We encourage and recommend guests arrive at the

following designated times to limit queues and wait times.

Deck 10 11:30 AM

Deck 9 12:30 PM

Deck 8 1:30 PM

Deck 7 2:30 PM

Deck 6 3:30 PM

Deck 3 & 2 4:30 PM

Suite Guests and our Loyalty Club Members can check-in and board anytime at their convenience between the hours

of 11:30*AM and 4:30 PM.. This also applies for any guests who have purchased Flights and/or Transfers through Royal

Caribbean International.

The Overseas Passenger Terminal is a small facility that is on two levels with limited seating areas.* We appreciate your

assistance in trying to make the boarding process as efficient as possible.

I guess it only leave new cruisers to Royal to check in at those times;)

It states where our names and details are that we can check in between 11.30am and 4.30pm.

Chez

They always advertise these times but you will find that you can board any time. From my experience in other regions, practically no one takes notice of them and they board in status groups, not by decks.

They are just trying to avoid everyone arriving at once.

J

• 2 weeks later...
Doesn't matter what time you turn up - they let you on which makes a mockery of the priority lines for loyalty and/or suite guests or those who have booked on higher decks.

Cheers

Di

We will be in Sydney early morning.

Our boarding time deck 7 says 2.30pm.

Will we be able to get on prior to this save waiting all that time?

If yes, will we upset any fellow guests?

TA

Sallyandtex .... They will be so busy that no-one will notice, so get on when you are ready noting that you won't get access to your stateroom until at least 1pm .... And your luggage will be delivered to your room later in the day. If it doesn't arrive at your room by 8pm go to guest services and enquire about where it is. It could end up in the naughty room if you have something in it that's not allowed.

Have a great cruise.

Sallyandtex .... They will be so busy that no-one will notice, so get on when you are ready noting that you won't get access to your stateroom until at least 1pm .... And your luggage will be delivered to your room later in the day. If it doesn't arrive at your room by 8pm go to guest services and enquire about where it is. It could end up in the naughty room if you have something in it that's not allowed.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks Miamia,

I just joined the Crown and Anchor membership as heard mentioned here on the forum it says check-in 11.30-4.30pm for members I think (??)

I really don't want to upset anyone, but it will be my birthday and really not keen to hang around waiting so long to board.:D

Edited by Sallyandtex

When we went on Rhapsody of the Seas in March we turned up at the OPT around 11:30am and had no hold-ups. We checked in straight away, spent a couple of minutes filling in the outgoing immigration card, wasted another couple of minutes having the preboarding photo taken, then straight through customs and security and onto the ship. Our cabin wasn't ready until about 1:30 - 2pm though.

We may have just been lucky though.

When we went on Rhapsody of the Seas in March we turned up at the OPT around 11:30am and had no hold-ups. We checked in straight away, spent a couple of minutes filling in the outgoing immigration card, wasted another couple of minutes having the preboarding photo taken, then straight through customs and security and onto the ship. Our cabin wasn't ready until about 1:30 - 2pm though.

We may have just been lucky though.

We had exactly the same experience on Voyager at the beginning of November. Fastest and smoothest embarkation ever. And leaving the ship at the end of the cruise was again hassle-free.