Quik Shuttle YVR to SEA

Good Day:

Does anyone have any experience with taking the quick shuttle from downtown Vancouver to SEA airport? We are exploring options to fly out of SEA due to the price difference. I read that the shuttle may not always be ontime, or that there could be large delays at the border. Any feedback appreciated. We looked at a one-way car rental but that came out to $300 after inclusion of the drop-off fee, so that seems out.

Regards,

RonC

• 2 weeks later...

We took quick shuutle from YVR to downdown Seattle a couple of years ago. Left on time (about 7:30 am) and took about 3.5 hours to get us there. Close to what it takes to drive there. Not much delay at the border but border delay depends on time of day and mood of US customs. You should remember if there are long delays at the border being in a car usually doesn't help much and the car lanes are often slower than the bus lane.

We took quick shuutle from YVR to downdown Seattle a couple of years ago. Left on time (about 7:30 am) and took about 3.5 hours to get us there. Close to what it takes to drive there. Not much delay at the border but border delay depends on time of day and mood of US customs. You should remember if there are long delays at the border being in a car usually doesn't help much and the car lanes are often slower than the bus lane.

Thanks for the info yvrcruzer, looks like this may be the answer I was looking for.

RonC

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the quick shuttle from the Vancouver Airport to Seattle? Is that the name of the shuttle and how do I get schedules and contact them?

Thanks,

Ginger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We used them last month. We had a repo from Vancouver to Seattle booked so we wanted to go down the night before and have one night in Seattle. (You are so right about the one way car rental! Outrageous!) The bus was great, cost us about 38 bucks (canadian) but we got stuck at the border for 2 hours...much longer than the car lines. There were 3 buses I believe, and the lineups were nuts. This was my second time using them, first time was a breeze, so I now try to get down the day before...way less stress!

• 3 weeks later...

Amtrak from Van to Sea is very cool ... about 5 hours, if I remember right. Then you can taxi down to the airport from there. Probably about 20 - 25 bucks for that.

We were on a bus once from Canada going across the border (long story, but it was a bus hired by the Victoria Clipper boat, so full of travelers). What should have been an easy everyone-here-is-US-or-Canadian-citizen check through ended up being an everybody-and-their-luggage-off-the-bus nightmare because half our busload was Japanese exchange students who needed to go through a thorough Customs check. Ugh. Took FOREVER, and completely unavoidable and unpredictable. Frankly, I avoid the I-5 Customs checkpoint because I've never just sailed through .. always crowded and slow -- and that's certainly the one that the shuttle uses.

• 3 weeks later...

It may be worth it (and still cost effective) for you to do what I am doing: take the Amtrack Cascades back to Seattle, spend the night and leave the next day.

I don't want to risk missing a flight the same evening. Besides, I don't like to fly a red-eye. The train departs Vancouver at 6:00 and arrives in Seattle at 10:00. It's only about $50 pp.

I heard traveling business class is much better and not that much more expensive...

Check out the amtrak website. There is a train that you can take Vancouver to SEA. We are doing a radiance repo trip and are going to take the train back from Vancouver to LA....

to the best of my info amtrack doesn't run a train between Van Sea,

They use a bus.

to the best of my info amtrack doesn't run a train between Van Sea,

They use a bus.

dd's best info is INCORRECT.

For sure there is ONE train a day each way & I recommend it

7:40 AM North bound

6:00 PM South bound

All the rest are scheduled as/are busses like dd says.

• 5 weeks later...

There is 1 train per day as the previous poster said northbound at 6am and soutnbound at 6pm

Unfortunately the tiems do not work well for using this as a transfer between SEA and a ship unless you are overnighting in Seattle each way.

I always use the Quick Shuttle - they run 5 scheduled buses a day and their sevice in my experience has always been on time and hassel free. They use the truck crossing over the US border and it has generally been pretty easy even with a bus load of travellers with luggage. Transit time SEA to downtown VAncovuer about 3.5 hours.

First of all thanks for all the info you have provided on the South America board.

Re Quick Shuttle: I could not find any terms and conditions on the Quick Shuttle website about missing the reserved time (if the ship is late). Do they allow one to use the same ticket for a later shuttle if space is available or does one have to pay the fare again? Thanks.

/Sultan

I always use the Quick Shuttle - they run 5 scheduled buses a day ...

• 3 weeks later...

Would appreciate opinions from the locals or anyone with knowledge of the transportation from Victoria to Seattle. We will be on the Carnival Spirit from Hawaii to Vancouver in May. We plan to take the bus/ferry from the pier to Victoria and spend a couple of days there. We plan to return via bus/ferry to the Vancouver airport where we will pick up a rental car and drive to Seattle.

Getting to Victoria is not the issue, returning from Victoria is. Does this sound feasable? Is taking the bus to the airport a good idea? Does anyone know if they will drop you at the rental car lot? I looked at serveral options, but this one seemed the best. If anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate them.

Ginger

Flip... It can be done but I don't know why unless you have a budget limit..

First I will say this. If you are going to rent a vehicle I would do that before I went to The Island. Pick it up at you docking pier. Do the Island and then take a ferry from Victoria to USA at Port Angeles in Wa. and go down through the Puget Sound area to Seattle. Great trip.

Now back to your Q.

Over on Bus from Vancouver to Victoria. Pacific Stage lines OK

BAck to Ferry after your stay in Victoria on same bus line. I do not think that they go to the Airport. So only get fare from Victoria to board the ferry. At Vcr end switch to Translink (local buses outside the terminal) and Ask about Transfer at Ladner or Richmond loop to YVR. .... a lot of schlepping if you ask me.. but it would work.

• 4 weeks later...
Would appreciate opinions from the locals or anyone with knowledge of the transportation from Victoria to Seattle. We will be on the Carnival Spirit from Hawaii to Vancouver in May. We plan to take the bus/ferry from the pier to Victoria and spend a couple of days there. We plan to return via bus/ferry to the Vancouver airport where we will pick up a rental car and drive to Seattle.

There are several options from Victoria. You can, of course take the bus/ferry to Vancouver if your object is to spend more time in Vancouver. If you just want to get to Seattle there are at least 4 other alternatives: you could take the Clipper ship directly to Seattle and get a cab from there; you could take the Anacortes (Washington State) ferry from Sidney, BC ( it's an easy bus connection from Victoria) ; you could take the Ferry to Port Angeles and rent a car ( a longish but beautiful drive); or, my favorite, take a Victoria/San Juan Cruise directly from the Inner Harbor in Victoria to Bellingham, WA where there are lots of rental car agencies and an Airporter Shuttle. We did Victoria /San Juan Cruise last year and it was great--we saw lots of whales on the way home. The Bellingham option begins this year on May 12th and costs about $35 /person.

Have a fun trip!

Cheri

• 4 weeks later...
I noticed on their web site that it's 2 bags per person and 1 carry on.

I could not find where you could pay for extra bags.

Anyone know?

We will have been gone for 31 days and we have a tad more that 3 bags each.

Thanks

Probably the best thing to do is to call the 800 number listed on their website and ask them.

Archived