In what part of the ship will you feel the least movement?

wolfeman40

I'm thinking of cruising on the Triumph on the upper or empress deck and was wondering what the best location is. I have always heard that the center of the ship is where you will feel the least amount of movement, I was thinking of booking a room on the very front of the ship with an obstructed View but I'm afraid we will feel alot of movement. Please give me your opinions. Thanks!

This is just a guess but I would say basic physics would tell you the lower you and go and the closer you can go to the center would be the most stable part. That may,,however, not be the best place for a cabin when you have to consider what may be below (or even above) you.

This is just a guess but I would say basic physics would tell you the lower you and go and the closer you can go to the center would be the most stable part. That may,,however, not be the best place for a cabin when you have to consider what may be below (or even above) you.

Actually the bottom deck(s) are pretty quiet and a good place if you want something above and below you (below is the crew's quarters), however, it may not be the most convenient. You are further from the buffet and pool especially. Thats my biggest gripe, the long elevator ride.

Actually the bottom deck(s) are pretty quiet and a good place if you want something above and below you (below is the crew's quarters), however, it may not be the most convenient. You are further from the buffet and pool especially. Thats my biggest gripe, the long elevator ride.

Ah, take the stairs! LOL And just think of all the extra calories you can burn so you can then eat some more. HAHA!

I have been 8 cabins from the front of the ship. not too much movement. But the seas were never really very rough.( it was the calmest cruise I have ever been on). I would stick with mid ship if at all possible. The aft cabins is where I feel the most motion.

The middle of the ship is a good rule of thumb only until you get so high up. Then all bets are off and if the ship is rocking the cabins in the middle are feeling it almost as much as each end. A modern cruise ship acts like a big sail and usually handles rough seas OK but it's the winds that give them problems.

another benefit to the lower decks is that it makes it easier to disembark at the ports of call, if you have a room at the very top, youll have a rough time because theres quite the line to get off

Most cruisers don't think of this but it is so true....Heard people complaining at every port how hard it was getting on the elevator to go down....( can't believe they just didn't walk down):rolleyes:

The responses on here are correct. The lower the deck and the more toward the center, the less you will feel any motion. Simple physics.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm never seasick. In fact, I prefer it when the ship is "rocking and rolling" a little (or a lot). It lets me know I'm at sea, and makes for a great night's sleep!!!! :D

What everyone here has already said, the center bottom is the smoothest ride. However, you won't really be spending that much time in your cabin. You will be going to the Lido deck which is on top. The theater is usually in the front of the ship, one MDR is at the rear, etc. Even though you may pick a spot for your cabin that has less movement, you will encounter it at other places on the ship. Not that much, but you will feel it at times.

Archived