Dubai Restaurant Suggestions

cruisealert

At the end of our cruise next May we are spending the night in Dubai at the MW Marriott (sp?) Hotel that seems to have a great Restaurant on 68th floor called Prime 68. We are thinking of having dinner there. We want a good meal and good view. Any other suggestions or comments on this restaurant. We know it will be expensive.

At the end of our cruise next May we are spending the night in Dubai at the MW Marriott (sp?) Hotel that seems to have a great Restaurant on 68th floor called Prime 68. We are thinking of having dinner there. We want a good meal and good view. Any other suggestions or comments on this restaurant. We know it will be expensive.

The MW Marriott in Dubai is a lovely hotel, esp if you can obtain a room on a high floor - be sure to visit the amazing lounge on the 37th floor. The breakfast buffet was something not to be missed and I have stayed at some of the best properties in the world and the breakfast at this Marriott was something I have never seen before or after. There is an amazing ice cream bar with fresh waffles that will being a smile to all, kids and adults alike. I can only imagine that the restaurant must be on the same level as the breakfast.

PS if you are a high level member of the Marriott program, you may get an upgrade to one of the club floors - the rooms are bigger than my apartment in NYC and the shower had a window on the world view.

gnomie :)

Trader Vic's Dubai at the Madinat Jumeirah. Gets good reviews. There are only three Trader Vic's restaurants left in the U.S. but they are prevalent in the Middle East. Try their Navy Grog with ribs, egg roll, crab Rangoon, cheese bings, and cho cho, and lamb from the Chinese oven...

The MW Marriott in Dubai is a lovely hotel, esp if you can obtain a room on a high floor - be sure to visit the amazing lounge on the 37th floor. The breakfast buffet was something not to be missed and I have stayed at some of the best properties in the world and the breakfast at this Marriott was something I have never seen before or after. There is an amazing ice cream bar with fresh waffles that will being a smile to all, kids and adults alike. I can only imagine that the restaurant must be on the same level as the breakfast.

PS if you are a high level member of the Marriott program, you may get an upgrade to one of the club floors - the rooms are bigger than my apartment in NYC and the shower had a window on the world view.

gnomie :)

Thanks so much

Had a very bad experience at the JW Marquis Marriott (Business Bay) in Dubai. I would not stay there period. It is also in the middle of no where with lost of sandy construction going on.

If you want good restaurants -- try local/Middle Eastern Cuisine and not steak. My suggestion would be to go Heritage Village (sometimes called Diving Village). Outdoor seating with view of the Dubai Creek.

If you really want steak -- try the JW Marriott in Deira. JW Steakhouse has the best steaks in town. No view except the decor is very woody and club like. Reservations are a must.

If you are interested in Middle Eastern food, you might consider eating at Wafi Gourmet, at the very high-end Wafi Mall. It is certainly not a steak house or Trader Vic's; rather, it is an amazing Lebanese emporium, a delightful combination of Middle Eastern Deli and café. It is not fancy or stuffy; but it offers about two dozen different types of baklava, as an example of the splendid offerings there.

Here is a link to the place: http://www.wafi.com/dining-out-in-dubai/restaurant/wafi-gourmet/187

On our visits there, most of the patrons were not tourists, even though the menus include English. This clearly is a destination for both locals and visitors looking for the best of Eastern Mediterranean and Middle Eastern food.

Cheers, Fred

Edited by freddie

Grand Hyatt in Dubai has several restaurants at varying price points and tastes.

try the dinner cruise on the creek, we did, and loved it, menu to choose from, air conditioned, and really good service, include a car pick up and return, loved it. ship called Bataeu I think? Lorsin, from Australia.

try the dinner cruise on the creek, we did, and loved it, menu to choose from, air conditioned, and really good service, include a car pick up and return, loved it. ship called Bataeu I think? Lorsin, from Australia.

I second that, we did the same and it was a nice experience.

Why are you staying at the JW Marriott, although a fine hotel, the location is not very suitable for tourists. I would recommend e.g. the Ritz-Carlton at Jumeirah Beach, or the Habtoor next door. That would give you the possibilities of the beach and 'the Walk'.

I second that, we did the same and it was a nice experience.

Why are you staying at the JW Marriott, although a fine hotel, the location is not very suitable for tourists. I would recommend e.g. the Ritz-Carlton at Jumeirah Beach, or the Habtoor next door. That would give you the possibilities of the beach and 'the Walk'.

That is where Regent is putting us for the one night.

Thanks everyone for your excellent input!