Parking in Mobile

autumn70449

I hear you can park free under the overpass across the street but I don't think I'll do that. I'm looking for a hotel that offers "free cruise parking". I hear the Radisson does but it didn't have any rooms the day of my cruise. Seems like I saw a hotel that offered cruise parking at 7.50 a day. My issue was thinking that I could get a hotel room and FREE parking for what I'd pay to park in cruise terminal. I don't have to get a hotel as I can drive up the day of the cruise but thought it might be an option if the money worked, but..it doesn't appear to.

Donna

I hear you can park free under the overpass across the street but I don't think I'll do that. I'm looking for a hotel that offers "free cruise parking". I hear the Radisson does but it didn't have any rooms the day of my cruise. Seems like I saw a hotel that offered cruise parking at 7.50 a day. My issue was thinking that I could get a hotel room and FREE parking for what I'd pay to park in cruise terminal. I don't have to get a hotel as I can drive up the day of the cruise but thought it might be an option if the money worked, but..it doesn't appear to.

Donna

You do not have to book a room at the Radisson to access the parking garage as it is property of the County. You can book space in the parking garage through the Hotel and get a very good rate (around $25 I believe) without being a hotel guest. There is also a shuttle that will take you to the pier although you can walk it in about 5 minutes.

Lucky replied to me the other day and said the underpass is now marked a "tow away" zone. I am parking in the terminal tomorrow just in case there is a tidal surge from the storm if it alters course while we are gone. I believe the terminal got 4 or 5 feet with Katrina. I remember seeing all the trash embedded in the fences surrounding the port area.

Dave

You do not have to book a room at the Radisson to access the parking garage as it is property of the County. You can book space in the parking garage through the Hotel and get a very good rate (around $25 I believe) without being a hotel guest. There is also a shuttle that will take you to the pier although you can walk it in about 5 minutes.

I heard it had gone up to $45.00. Still cheaper than the terminal. Too bad they won't let you park at the Civic Center. When I was on the grand jury for 3 weeks it was only $2 all day, but they don't allow overnite parking except for RVs during Mardi Gras.

Archived