Loyalty in Galveston to EZ cruise parking

collfosh

Many on these boards recommended EZ Parking in Galveston as a convenient and economic way to safely leave your car during your cruise. Then Ike came. Yesterday, I spoke with Cindy, the owner of EZ Parking. I had a reservation to park during the Conquest cruise that was cancelled this week. About thirty seconds into the conversation Cindy broke down and cried over the phone. She apologized to me for the emotion and explained that she lost everything – including her home. Water was waist deep 12 hours before Ike came ashore. The only thing that took the brunt of Ike well was the fence around the parameter of her parking lot. She was grateful for that because it held in all the cars that were parked there. She said this will help people with auto claims move quicker through that process. All of her shuttle busses are gone. Her office/trailer with computers and business support equipment are gone. Nothing is left but the fence and a huge mess to clean up. Her home is standing but was completely flooded out. She was hoping to get on the island this afternoon to begin the clean up. What I found amazing was her focus and care for the people who worked for her – they have nothing and live from paycheck to paycheck – and for those who lost their vehicles in her care. She explained how hard it was to talk to the people on Conquest now who are returning to such devastation. I didn’t get the chance to park at EZ Parking. But after talking to this woman, I guarantee I will in the future. And I’m paying for my parking this week anyway. It’s a small way to help her with wages and clean up. Thank you cruisers on the CC Boards for steering me to such devoted EZ Parking.

We've used EZ Cruise parking on all of our cruises. I've never met Cindy in person, but have worked with her via telephone, and she really does seem to be a wonderful and caring person. We've always had good service, and I hope she is able to get her business up and running again soon.

we have used EZ cruise many times. When I was injured and the coast guard had to transport us from the ship to the hospital EZ cruise had a very nice retired man pick my husband up at the hospital at 11pm and let us get our car out out the lot. I hope he is OK. They are awesome. But you have to remember a lot of the people on those ships have had losses not only to their personal vehicles but some to real property.

I too have used EZ Cruise Parking several times and have always been very pleased. Cindy has always been very nice and friendly. I'm so sad to hear about her losses. She had such a good business there. I hope she is able to rebuild. My prayers are with her and all those affected by Ike.

I have used EZ Cruise a number of times. If Cindy does see this, she should know that we will be loyal customers in the future.

My own losses in Ike are no where near what some have sustained. We are all pulling together. Please everyone, support Galveston, Houston and the Hurricane Ike recovery in any way you can, including voting with your cruise dollars wherever our ships end up -- whether in Galveston or at the Bayport Terminal in Houston temporarily.

We used EZ Cruise last June, and we were very happy with their services. We said that would be the only place we'd park in the future. I'm so sorry they lost everything. I have to wonder, in this case, since they have lost their source of income, what will they do now? (while things return to normal, which will no doubt be quite some time) :(

Thank you OP for this thread. Even though I booked with Lighthouse instead of EZ park, I am sure that they are dealing with many of the same issues. I too decided that they can keep my prepaid reservation for the September 21st sailing of the Conquest and use the money to help with the rebuilding process!

Nicole

Many on these boards recommended EZ Parking in Galveston as a convenient and economic way to safely leave your car during your cruise. Then Ike came. Yesterday, I spoke with Cindy, the owner of EZ Parking. I had a reservation to park during the Conquest cruise that was cancelled this week. About thirty seconds into the conversation Cindy broke down and cried over the phone. She apologized to me for the emotion and explained that she lost everything – including her home. Water was waist deep 12 hours before Ike came ashore. The only thing that took the brunt of Ike well was the fence around the parameter of her parking lot. She was grateful for that because it held in all the cars that were parked there. She said this will help people with auto claims move quicker through that process. All of her shuttle busses are gone. Her office/trailer with computers and business support equipment are gone. Nothing is left but the fence and a huge mess to clean up. Her home is standing but was completely flooded out. She was hoping to get on the island this afternoon to begin the clean up. What I found amazing was her focus and care for the people who worked for her – they have nothing and live from paycheck to paycheck – and for those who lost their vehicles in her care. She explained how hard it was to talk to the people on Conquest now who are returning to such devastation. I didn’t get the chance to park at EZ Parking. But after talking to this woman, I guarantee I will in the future. And I’m paying for my parking this week anyway. It’s a small way to help her with wages and clean up. Thank you cruisers on the CC Boards for steering me to such devoted EZ Parking.

I also had reservations with EZ Cruise parking for the Oct. 12 Conquest sailing. We have used them several times and have always enjoyed their service. I hope they will be able to continue with their business when everything gets back to normal. I agree with the idea of not asking for a refund. That will be part of our donation to the recovery effort of Galveston.

I spoke with her too as I was calling a few days ago when things were still uncertain with the Conquest sailing this coming weekend. She was on her way to Galveston. After telling her I was from New Orleans and I completely understand we had about a 20 min conversation. She was crying and explaining about the devastation she was facing and I was giving her advice on where to turn for help. Such a sweet lady! She can keep the $50 because I know even the smallest of kind gestures really made a difference when I went through a similar situation.

My heart breaks for her and all of those facing these challenging times.

Thanks for the post. I tried to call them today to find out if my car is totalled or what. Im 5 hours away from Galveston and doubt it would be worth my time to go there to look at my car. I filed a report today with my insurance company and they are 5 days behind now and said it will probably be Monday before they can get someone into Galveston at EZCruise to look at my car.

I have been wondering what EZCruise is expecting, such as removing my car from the parking lot since I only paid for one week and sure didnt expect it to be hit by a hurricane. The EZCruise mailbox said it was full today when I tried to call and talk to Cindy. She has always been nice to me too and moved another parking from last Jan to next Jan for me when she could have cancelled it and charged me the cancellation fee.

This is a very devastating time. I have never parked there but can imagine their despair. There must be hundreads of situations like this down there. I hope insurance will take care of things as fast as they possibly can for these people. I have decided to make Galveston our next vacation spot as soon as they are ready to help support the city.

I am impressed by the fact that you are willing to pay for your parking. I am sure that helps. I can't imagine that poor lady and all the people who work there's suffering. We are wondering about the young lady who helped us at Hertz. She was so nice, I'd like to know what happened to her.

Hearing about Cindy and her loss made me tear up. Such a nice lady. We parked there just last month for our first cruise, and she was so helpful as were her staff. I hope she rebuilds her business, and if I had a reservation right now, I wouldn't ask for a refund either. To those of you who booked and are not cancelling, bless you for this small gesture.

I am very worried about the small business people who've been ruined by Ike. Unusually Texas has decided to give unemployment benefits to the self employed who've lost their income due to Ike. It will be a small help.

The food bank in Houston is in desparate need of help. It is trying to provide 500,000 pounds of food per day to needy people.

The animal rescue people need cash.

The Red Cross needs cash.

The Salvation Army needs cash.

No one needs donated materials as shipping is a huge expense and problem.

Most grocery store chains in Texas have deals going where you can buy food and it will end up at the food bank in Houston. They have brown paper bags filled up with non-perishable food ready for you to pay for. Kroger, Tom Thumb, etc.

Keep up pressure on politicians not to forget about the victums of Ike and Gustav!

Bless you all for your kindness!

Archived