Trent, Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale Beach?

geejay

Any damage or is it open? We have reservations here. Haven't tried calling them yet; figure that they are busy fielding calls from people booked in the next few days.

Again, thanks for all the help you give everyone on this board. You are the best! :)

We had reservations @ the Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Beach and the sales mgr. called us on Wednesday and told us the hotel is closed. He said they had damage and would not be open until, at least, Nov. 15. We made our reservations directly w/ the hotel last February. If you booked the hotel w/ a discounter, they may not have a record of you. I called the 800 Holiday Inn number and they found our reservations on Wednesday, but on Thursday there was no record b/c, I was told, all the reservations for the time the hotel will be shut down have been "closed out".

We were lucky enough to find rooms elsewhere. But, now I'm worried that we will arrive Nov. 3rd and find that our new reservations will not be honored. I hear that is happening to quite a few people. The hotels are filled w/ utility workers, locals who have had damage and various others seeking shelter.

I have my fingers crossed that the new hotel will honor our reservations and everything will work out. I don't see where I have many other options.

Good luck and give the hotel a call. They do have phone service.

Alison

Archived