Found a good deal for a pre-cruise hotel

NCteacherlovescruising

We are Marriott reward members and had a certificate for a free night at select hotels. Of course none of the Marriott's by the port or in the French Quarter qualified. We did find a Courtyard N.O. in Metairie though, I guess it's not very far. We are staying 2 nights pre-cruise, with the first being free. We also get complementary parking while we cruise! That means for a 2 night stay and parking for our entire cruise, as well as the 2 nights we're staying there, we have free parking...and all for $142. Yeah, I guess I don't mind staying a few minute car drive from the action. My question is, would we be better off driving to the French Quarter and dealing with finding parking there or taking some type of public transportation? We've never been there before so we have no idea what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are only about 9-10 miles from the French Quarter. You could take a taxi or see if your hotel has a shuttle, some do.

Unfortunately, our hotel does not offer shuttle services. You think we are better off getting taxis than driving? Any idea how much it will cost? At least we wouldn't have to worry about getting lost.

I would do a taxi or Uber. Especially if you will be partaking of an adult beverage;)

Yeah, the more we talked about it we decided we didn't want to deal with trying to find a place to park, getting lost, etc. Are you familiar with the area, which is better there, taxi or uber?

I am assuming you are staying at the Courtyard at the Galleria which is right on I-10. You should have no problems getting an Uber, but if you are more comfortable using a taxi then use Metry Cab 504.835.4242.Taxis are all over the FQ and surrounding area so no need to call for pick up.Taxis are all over the FQ and surrounding area so no need to call for pick up. It should be in the $20 ish range. You didn't mention what time of year you are traveling. If you are going during one of the many festivals then you may experience surge Uber pricing which can get expensive. If that is the case I would suck it up and just park next to Jax Brewery which should be pretty easy to get to if you have Google Maps then just make your way around town on foot. Your hotel is far enough that you won't be going back and forth during the day, so expect to leave for the day.

• 1 month later...
I am assuming you are staying at the Courtyard at the Galleria which is right on I-10. You should have no problems getting an Uber, but if you are more comfortable using a taxi then use Metry Cab 504.835.4242.Taxis are all over the FQ and surrounding area so no need to call for pick up.Taxis are all over the FQ and surrounding area so no need to call for pick up. It should be in the $20 ish range. You didn't mention what time of year you are traveling. If you are going during one of the many festivals then you may experience surge Uber pricing which can get expensive. If that is the case I would suck it up and just park next to Jax Brewery which should be pretty easy to get to if you have Google Maps then just make your way around town on foot. Your hotel is far enough that you won't be going back and forth during the day, so expect to leave for the day.

We are traveling the end of July. Yes, we realize once we leave it will have to be for the entire day.